Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
I haven't gotten my 2021 MME GT yet and getting frustrated, like many in this thread. Ordered 8/6/2021. Built in first two weeks of November. Showed shipped around Thanksgiving with an initial delivery date of 12/13-18, 2021. Then delivery date changed to 12/19-25, 2021. At this point the dealer said his system showed it would arrive just after 12/25/21. No car and the dealer said they no longer could see an estimated delivery date in the system. Just today, the delivery date changed to 1/3-9/21. Some questions I hope you all can help me with.
1. Is this typical that the date keeps moving out? And at this point, how real is the new date?
2. Since my built date suggests my car may be subject to the rear seat belt mounting recall, is it possible it is on hold for the recall and that repair would be accomplished in a facility before it gets to the dealer? BTW - Ford system (and the dealer says) the car shows no recalls.
3. Has anyone got a call with the rear seat belt mounting recall performed? If so, did it ever show up as a recall in the Ford system?
4. Or, does anyone have a current MME built in late October or early November that DOES show up in the Ford recall system?
5. Is there anything else I can do to find out where my MME GT is and how long the wait might be? Or, do I just (patiently) wait?

Thanks for your help.
Yup.

My order date: 4/27, build date: 10/15, ship date: 10/19.

Received my first ETA: 11/21-11/27.
On Dec. 5 received new ETA: 1/3-1/9.
On Dec. 26 received new ETA: 12/28-1/3.
Tonight @7:00pm received new ETA: 1/3-1/9.

Tomorrow marks 36 weeks since my order date, and 11 weeks since my ship date.

My premium arrived via rail in Ayer, MA 5 weeks, 1 day ago. It still sits there today, on ā€˜quality hold,ā€™ a mere 28 miles from my dealer.

I donā€™t have much confidence that Iā€™ll get it by the 9th. My dealer told me that his GM spoke with Ford this morning. The upshot: Theyā€™re underwater trying to get cars delivered.

For what Iā€™ve observed here, this seems to be most common in the eastern half of the US.
Sponsored

Kitch MME GT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ev-learn.com
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, 2016 Audi Q3, 2019 GMC Canyon
Occupation
Retired - Technology Project Management/Evaluation
Country flag
Bob,
Thank you for your response - although I am not thrilled with the content. Sounds like I should adjust my expectation to the end of February. Bummer.

You've waited way longer than me - I hope your Premium very soon and enjoy it with gusto!

Are you concerned about getting a 2021 MY well into 2022?

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Bob,
Thank you for your response - although I am not thrilled with the content. Sounds like I should adjust my expectation to the end of February. Bummer.

You've waited way longer than me - I hope your Premium very soon and enjoy it with gusto!

Are you concerned about getting a 2021 MY well into 2022?
Thanks, I hope so too!

You likely wonā€™t have as long a wait, so long as there arenā€™t any recall issues (like mine has) or worsening chip shortages.

There are many who ordered after me, yet they already have their cars.

Iā€™m essentially focusing on hearing everyone saying that the car is worth the wait.

As for a ā€˜21 in ā€˜22, it will no question be a low mileage car, which is how value is determined anyway, so although Iā€™m disappointed, in the grand scheme Of things, I donā€™t think itā€™ll cost me in the long run.

NormaV

First Name
Norma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang convertible, Space White Premium MME Ex
Occupation
retired RN
Country flag
Thanks, I hope so too!

You likely wonā€™t have as long a wait, so long as there arenā€™t any recall issues (like mine has) or worsening chip shortages.

Iā€™m essentially focusing on hearing everyone saying that the car is worth the wait.

As for a ā€˜21 in ā€˜22, it will no question be a low mileage car, which is how value is determined anyway, so although Iā€™m disappointed, in the grand scheme Of things, I donā€™t think itā€™ll cost me in the long run.
I am there with you in that it will be well worth the wait. My timeline and yours are right in step with each other. I am wanting you to get yours almost as much as I want mine.
Itā€™s got to be soon! Hopefully, I am not waiting for my birthday (March)

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I am there with you in that it will be well worth the wait. My timeline and yours are right in step with each other. I am wanting you to get yours almost as much as I want mine.
Itā€™s got to be soon! Hopefully, I am not waiting for my birthday (March)
Same here! I followed the roller coaster ride a fellow member of the FB ā€˜Mach-E Nationā€™ group endured, as he was bitten by the chip hold and transit delays. It was wonderful to finally see the photos he posted after having taken delivery! He still gushes about the car frequently, which helps me to remain patient!

Kevinw

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
Ugggh!
logged in today to see an estimated dealer delivery changed again. Now February 8, 2022. Iā€™m not sure whatā€™s so special that it keeps getting delayed, or if there is any way I will ever get this car! Not sure how long they can keep selling new 2021ā€™s into 2022, but this is getting comical. (Iā€™m not laughing, returned my leased BMW in Novā€¦ sharing a 2014 corolla with my son for now)

Chargernc

First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang MachE premium, Ford F-150 Hybrid
Occupation
Nurse Midwife
Country flag
A little less grumpy today!!! My Mach E is at the dealership!!!! Only reason I still have a little grump in me is that my salesman is off today so I canā€™t pick it up until tomorrow after work. I stopped by the dealership for some pics and to physically touch it LOL.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Thread for people who haven't gotten their Mach-E's yet to be grumpy in AE50CB14-CFF0-42BB-8ACC-A66AD13489EE

Last edited:

Bennyā€™66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Plant Manager
Country flag
Thanks, I hope so too!

Same boat. Ordered GTPE in March, order received by Ford 04/28/21. In production 11/23, shipped 12/04, estimated delivery 01/23-29/22. In fairness, GTs didnā€™t start getting built until early July, so the couple months wait doesnā€™t count. BUT, it has been a long time.
And on the resale, I fully agree the mileage is what matters and these will be low mileage 2021s.

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
Welp, Ford Options for renewed to (at least) 1/31. My ETA is 1/30. We're off to the races. Here's to hoping for no more delays (or that Options gets extended again after 1/31)

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
My Weekly Countdown:

10​
11​
12​
13​
14​
15​
16​
17​
18​
19​
20​
21​
22​
23​
24​
25​
26​
27​
28​

Bennyā€™66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Plant Manager
Country flag
My Weekly Countdown:

10​
11​
12​
13​
14​
15​
16​
17​
18​
19​
20​
21​
22​
23​
24​
25​
26​
27​
28​
If you were waiting for a 2021, I would say your countdown is missing some placeholders. 40 would be a better top number.

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Welp, Ford Options for renewed to (at least) 1/31. My ETA is 1/30. We're off to the races. Here's to hoping for no more delays (or that Options gets extended again after 1/31)
Whew, another month it's still there. Gee, I sure hope I don't have to sweat it out for another extension!

ChrisSJR

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Space White RWD ER (Spark-E), 2004 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yup, I hit 36 weeks today (and counting...)
I believe the delivery window provided by Ford is generated from a random number generator. Then when that date window passes without delivery, a new random number generator output is created. The delivery window is only provided to give us hope. :rolleyes:

NormaV

First Name
Norma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang convertible, Space White Premium MME Ex
Occupation
retired RN
Country flag
I believe the delivery window provided by Ford is generated from a random number generator. Then when that date window passes without delivery, a new random number generator output is created. The delivery window is only provided to give us hope. :rolleyes:
Sure feels that way?
Sponsored