Too early to reserve? (Mach E wanted 7/2021)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Who would've guessed that a nicely designed, well thought out electric car with good range and performance would have sold so well? ;)
It is nice to have a really attractive (shape/size/looks) BEV hit the market for a change (that isn't $80k or something). And at the right time (when batteries, range, and chargers have gotten at least semi-sufficient).

Of course, "sold so well" is still relative. The new Bronco is still blowing it away with like 3x as much demand. But still.

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag
As of right now, the battery problem is not a problem.
Hmmmm. That is an interesting tidbit of information.

According to this forum, Europe has a huge demands for BEV (they are getting 30,000 of the 50,000 for 2021 MYY) and now China wants the Mach E earlier. When I first started following this forum, there was a lot of speculation that Ford would not be able to deliver enough vehicles by the end of 2021 to fill all of the orders because of issues like limits on the production line and only enough batteries to produce 50,000 cars. There was a lot of estimates of 80,000+ reservations.

Sounds like Ford has either secured more batteries (YEAH!) or possibly shrunk the overall battery pack while keeping the usable amount the same (BOO).

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Sounds like Ford has either secured more batteries (YEAH!) or possibly shrunk the overall battery pack while keeping the usable amount the same (BOO).
My guess is the former. Reducing battery size while keeping the same usable kWh would require a bit more time testing than they have available. Just my uneducated opinion though.

As for the 80,000 orders. That is still the scuttlebutt:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...duced-on-all-models-except-gt.1498/post-38981

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My guess is the former. Reducing battery size while keeping the same usable kWh would require a bit more time testing than they have available. Just my uneducated opinion though.
The Ford vehicle specs still show a 98.9 kWh battery (even though they now also show 88 kWh as "usable"), so no way are they shorting us on batteries. That suggestion can be eliminated.

TxTom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE and 2021 Escape PHEV Titanium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The Ford vehicle specs still show a 98.9 kWh battery (even though they now also show 88 kWh as "usable"), so no way are they shorting us on batteries. That suggestion can be eliminated.
Thank you for your input. I placed the order a few minutes ago.

i-nd9sWn6-M.jpg

My Clarity lease is up in October of 2021 and I can go without it for a couple of months after that if I need too.
I'm new to the forum, and "ordered" a Premium on 9/27 and immediately was given Order Number 10466203 after paying online the $500 and also seeing a status check marked "Order Sent to Dealer." As of today 10/1 the status "Order Accepted" is still pending (not checked marked). On 9/28 at the dealer a Sales Manager told me that order number is the order number and would not change and said no other type of number is generated. The 800 number yesterday told me the dealer will have an internal number with alpha-numeric numbers once in the Ford traditional order bank. Can anyone advise which is the case? Thanks for any guidance on this. When would I expect the status "Order Accepted" be updated that I access online? Many thanks...Tom

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
I'm new to the forum, and "ordered" a Premium on 9/27 and immediately was given Order Number 10466203 after paying online the $500 and also seeing a status check marked "Order Sent to Dealer." As of today 10/1 the status "Order Accepted" is still pending (not checked marked). On 9/28 at the dealer a Sales Manager told me that order number is the order number and would not change and said no other type of number is generated. The 800 number yesterday told me the dealer will have an internal number with alpha-numeric numbers once in the Ford traditional order bank. Can anyone advise which is the case? Thanks for any guidance on this. When would I expect the status "Order Accepted" be updated that I access online? Many thanks...Tom
That's a good question. My CC got charged immediately. If my Order Accepted status doesn't change by tomorrow, I'll give my salesperson a call. I had already notified them I had placed the order.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The dealer has to actually accept the order in the system; I would call them and ask to talk to their designated Mach E sales rep. If the sales rep doesn't think anything needs to be done, talk to the general manager. If the GM doesn't think so either, call Ford's 800 and ask them to call the sales rep on your behalf and explain it to them.

TxTom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE and 2021 Escape PHEV Titanium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The dealer has to actually accept the order in the system; I would call them and ask to talk to their designated Mach E sales rep. If the sales rep doesn't think anything needs to be done, talk to the general manager. If the GM doesn't think so either, call Ford's 800 and ask them to call the sales rep on your behalf and explain it to them.
Thanks for the advice. Went to the dealer. and one of the Sales Managers accepted/confirmed my order, so now "the box is checked." He apologized, said they are busy always and usually look at these orders once a week. He was happy I came in, and went into the system and hit the accepted button. He said original place in line is not changed. He said a Ford production order number will be created when the time comes...

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Chiming in with my thanks, too. Contacted the dealer today and they have now accepted the order. I can sit back, relax and wait and wait and wait for the next step...Production. At least, I will know what to look for as the First Edition owners go through the process.
Sponsored