Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CR1 AWD extended range Grabber Blue
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I have yet to see an MME. I've seen 4 Tesla's and a Bolt my friend has been trying to unload.
Sponsored

cdale12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
68 289 Convertible, 21 GB GTPE MME
Country flag
I live in a small town in PA and I know the 2 Ford dealers near me sold maybe 2 Premium MMEs, but I never see them around. I see a few Teslas, and I saw 1 Bolt. The charging infrastructure around where I am is non-existent, except they just put in Tesla chargers at the WaWa near me :(. So, I think EVs will remain rare around here for a while. The nice thing is that since I have the only one around, people ask me about it all the time. I love to school the non-EV folks who tell me that an EV is not practical, as I'm talking to them from my EV that I drive every day! :) It seems to baffle them when I ask how many times in a week that they drive over 200 miles in a day, and that I just take it home at night and charge it in my garage every couple days.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I’ve been waiting almost 7 months, Premium RWD rapid red. Supposed to arrive 11/28. Haven’t seen any here on South Carolina coast.
You missed me. I had my IB driving around Beaufort for a couple days a month or so back.

OP
OP
RockwallRick

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
The 3 MME’s that I know of in our town all came from different Ford dealers. The one that my Wife ordered was bought by another member of this Forum and she is happy that it found a home somewhere else! Lol

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag
There's tooooons of Teslas here in the north Dallas / Frisco/ Plano area. MMEs are still a little rare. Only seen 3 or 4 in the wild and that was a few months back.

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Model Y LR AWD
Country flag
Excluding the passenger cost (because that depends on if you want a coach seat, or one of the three different compartment sizes -- Roomette, Bedroom, or Family Bedroom) the "car" part of the train fare was:
Lorton, VA -> Sanford, FL: $258
Sanford, FL -> Lorton, VA: $208

So... $466 for the round trip with the car (much cheaper than renting) plus whatever the cost of your passenger fare is.

Two adults were $286 each way (or another way to think of it is $286 per adult for the round trip).

But having a private sleeping compartment adds to the price. On top of the passenger fare and vehicle fare there is an additional cost for the compartment (but it's not per-passenger). Roomettes and Bedrooms comfortably sleep two. A "Bedroom" has an in-room bath/shower. Other room types use shared bath/shower facilities.

I did the math based on the cost to buy round-trip airline tickets plus rental cars ... vs. what it costs for the AutoTrain and not needing a rental car.

What I'm finding is paying $1000/wk for a rental car is ordinary that time of year. So I'm still paying less than it would cost to fly + rent ... even booking a private sleeping compartment.
Getting at least a Roomette also gives you free meals in the dining car. When my wife and I went to the Grand Canyon from Missouri, we enjoyed some good food, wasn't microwaved like the snack car.

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
So apparently, according to people at my car dealership, no one else in my rural north central PA county has been daring enough to get a Mustang Mach E. They still have their vehicle that they got back in March available for sale. They said there is a lot of interest to see it, but no one else besides me is ready to take the chance on an EV. People don’t know what they are missing! If anyone is still looking for a MME, please check out http://blaisealexander.com/

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
Although there are plenty of MME owners from the Phoenix area on this forum, here in East Mesa where I live I have seen zero others on the road. Indeed, I posted in another thread that we took a drive round trip up to the SF Bay Area to visit grandkids and saw no other MMEs on the road the entire trip (plenty of other EVs including Teslas, Kias, VWs and one Porsche at an EA station.) Of course when other MMEs do start appearing in my side of town, mine will still be unique since IB is no longer an available color. Neener neener. :)

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Although there are plenty of MME owners from the Phoenix area on this forum, here in East Mesa where I live I have seen zero others on the road. Indeed, I posted in another thread that we took a drive round trip up to the SF Bay Area to visit grandkids and saw no other MMEs on the road the entire trip (plenty of other EVs including Teslas, Kias, VWs and one Porsche at an EA station.) Of course when other MMEs do start appearing in my side of town, mine will still be unique since IB is no longer an available color. Neener neener. :)
I'm not gonna out anyone, but I know of at least two other IB's in east Mesa. I've also seen a few CG's out that way.

greenaero

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MME gray , Mazda Cx5, Honda CBR250R
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Country flag
definitely at least 3 in town, a suburb in the DFW Metroplex.
Sponsored