Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Great looking car. I’ve really come around to liking those rims!!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
i8iridium

i8iridium

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag
i enjoyed your write up so I peaked at CarGurus to see what the prices looked like near me for GT, WOW!!! I’ll be sticking with my Premium. #hatedealers….
Ford Mustang Mach-E Towed in with a hole in the tire, walked out with a new GT 89A4D200-41A5-4C58-B6EE-44EE82661130
we convinced ourselves that $10k was ok, but $20k +. Omg.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Good for OP. However, this illustrates the ability of dealers to charge ADM for buyers that simply want the car.

Bullitt_&_MME

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Bullitt; 2018 Expedition Max Limited
Occupation
Logistics
Country flag
I enjoy the rediculous amount of torque it has. The seating material and the copper metallic threading really sets it off. Just overall really well done.
I love my GT - i have this same exact spec. You're right, the interior is gorgeous and so fresh w/ the copper - plus the torque! I smile every time i drive.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
$54k with 14k on the clock. Premium E4X.
Not sure what ADM you paid but trade in deal was great considering you had a lot less than $54,000 in it considering you got the tax credit!

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Dark matter is awesome on a Mach E. In the Sun it's magical with so many glitter colors ..... and no extra cost. It's almost the total exact opposite of Star White..... They achieve that with a Two stage paint (Base and Clear). Star White is a Tri Coat....

Mach E Glitter.jpg

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Well, if it wasn't why would anybody pay more for a GT, think man, think!
This is an excellent question!

People have different approaches to their budgets (and definitely different budgets!) and different priorities. For many a faster car is more important than saving 10-15 grand, even if this faster acceleration is rarely used. And I expect that these people will enjoy GT more than a premium, but I was surprised by the "night and day" comparison. And it appears that it's the seating material and the copper metallic threading on top of additional torque. Well, I'm glad that it's so important to someone.

Reactions: RLW

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is an excellent question!

People have different approaches to their budgets (and definitely different budgets!) and different priorities. For many a faster car is more important than saving 10-15 grand, even if this faster acceleration is rarely used. And I expect that these people will enjoy GT more than a premium, but I was surprised by the "night and day" comparison. And it appears that it's the seating material and the copper metallic threading on top of additional torque. Well, I'm glad that it's so important to someone.
I think you are right, I watched a youtube video by the smoking tire and he says he doesn't think the GT is worth the extra money. I tend to agree with him even though I don't have my Cal. Rt. 1 yet.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
he says he doesn't think the GT is worth the extra money
Oh, I'm not saying that at all - what I'm saying is that it's not for everyone to spend extra money for what GT offers over other trims. I am still getting lightheaded when I fully press the "go" pedal and smile every time I'm driving my premium. I started going to the office for no other reason than to drive it!

What really sets the "night and day" difference is the light gray seats. I love them! :p

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh, I'm not saying that at all - what I'm saying is that it's not for everyone to spend extra money for what GT offers over other trims. I am still getting lightheaded when I fully press the "go" pedal and smile every time I'm driving my premium. I started going to the office for no other reason than to drive it!

What really sets the "night and day" difference is the light gray seats. I love them! :p
Yes, they are beautiful, I envy you guys getting to drive one, one day maybe mine will be built! LOL

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Congratulations on your new GT. I really think what matters most is you are happy with vehicle you get to drive everyday vs the deal you got on that vehicle. And since I am sure you bought your premium last year and the GT this year, I imagine you will be getting 2 tax credits spread over 2 years, not to mention getting almost everything back on what you spent on the premium that you put 14K on.

When we bought our MME I did not really need another car, but I will tell you I am so much happier driving the MME everyday now. It turns out I am liking the EV experience so much I cannot imagine purchasing another ICE vehicle in the future. I think that matters more than any deal I got.

Woodchuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Mustang GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Picked up my Cyber-Orange GT three weeks ago. Absolutely love it. Ordered it in October, knowing I'd be waiting. Thought I would hear a lot of negative comments on the color. But, surprisingly not. If anything, just the opposite.
Sponsored