Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1933 Ford Speedstar Roadster, 2021 Mache CA RT1
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Things did not work out well with the FE. On Friday we drove 2 1/2 hours to the dealership. When we made the deal they agreed to make sure all the updates were completed. After we gave them the check we got in the car. I first tried to connect my wife's phone. Would not connect. Next tried to connect her Sirius. Radio had no sound on anything. Uh, oh. Went to the sound settings and after resetting the location of the center of the sound would move the the back left corner over and over. Tried to change it to surround. Kept going back going back to stereo .Tried master reset. Same results. Getting a bad feeling. They took it to the back. Tech came out and said 15 minutes. 4 hours later and multiple updates still running. We got our check back and came home. Wife no longer wants an electric vehicle. We already sold her MKX that she loved. Probably going with another Lincoln and give it time for the technology to continue to move forward. Still love my GT and the wife loves driving it locally. So glad things went south while at the dealer and not on the way home since we had planned to split up since I had to DCFC at the next town over. Not a lot of options in rural Ohio and Indiana.
FE? Job -1 car... indeed.
Sponsored

StillWaitingForMachE

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM ER AWD California Rt 1 MME (Mike-E)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Wasn't Dark Matter Gray one of the colors that was only for 2021 models? I can't check anymore because Ford closed all 2022 orders...

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Am I right in saying that you can’t get the tax credit twice like PHEV installation grants in the UK?
The current U.S. scheme allows one to take multiple credits in the same year, with the total amount not to exceed one's annual federal tax liability. So if someone has $20,000 in federal tax liability, then they could take a credit towards that liability of up to $20,000 in "non-refundable" credits. The $7,500 credit for a Mach-E purchase is in this "non-refundable" category. It just means that once you reduce your remaining liability to zero dollars, you can't reduce it any further -- the government won't refund its money back to you.

Wasn't Dark Matter Gray one of the colors that was only for 2021 models? I can't check anymore because Ford closed all 2022 orders...
Carbonized Gray was available for MY2021 Job 1 and was replaced with DMG starting with MY2021 Job 2. CG is lighter/brighter than DMG.
Sponsored