Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I went to dealer yesterday to get the update since I was still waiting for 1.7.1 OTA. Dealer was able to do the first part of the process and update the GWIM but could not update the APIM, they claimed they kept getting a download error. This was not to my car this was from Ford to the dealer. They tried 4 times and told me they would contact me once that was figured out. They are only 5 minutes away so not a big deal for me. Maybe too early in the process to do the update. I was the their first Mach E to come in for this TSB so they didn't have anything from Ford already down loaded.
The same thing happened to me dealer said unable to update he said I am on the most recent version. I figured he was coming to the lobby to tell me it was done as I got a successful OTA update alert from Fardpass, and the update worked
Sponsored

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
Dropped car off at dealership. Was having real bad glitches on the screen...several times it went completely dark on me without coming back during the drive. Also, loses audio constantly. Roughly every other trip.

Took dealership two days to figure out how to update. Was provided loaner. They also did the PAAK update.

As if 24 hrs.. no Sync issues but PAAK doesn't work any better. Still takes several tries to get into vehicle. Roughly 10-15 second delay from being near vehicle. Pretty much worthless unless in a bind. Still utilizing Fob 100%.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I’m concerned that this TSB has an extensive list of bug fixes, but fixing the alarm interior motion sensor bug is not among them. Neither is the screen reverting from dark to auto.
Well the update def doesn’t fix the first big. Still have to wait and see on the second.

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
Had same issue today... though dealer said they updated the APIM but not the GWIM? Said the USB kept giving errors when they tried to load it

I went to dealer yesterday to get the update since I was still waiting for 1.7.1 OTA. Dealer was able to do the first part of the process and update the GWIM but could not update the APIM, they claimed they kept getting a download error. This was not to my car this was from Ford to the dealer. They tried 4 times and told me they would contact me once that was figured out. They are only 5 minutes away so not a big deal for me. Maybe too early in the process to do the update. I was the their first Mach E to come in for this TSB so they didn't have anything from Ford already down loaded.

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I thought this was only happening to me. I hadn't see anything about it anywhere else. I've tried using different cables and switching between the A and C port. It's driving me mad.
Just an update ... I received my Pixel 6 Pro yesterday, and wireless AA (so far!) no longer has the audio dropouts. Maybe it's something that is fixed in Android 12? BUt drove almost an hour today streaming music with no drops, which never happened with my Samsung.

Dnorwood98

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Gray AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Education/Healthcare
Country flag
Just an update ... I received my Pixel 6 Pro yesterday, and wireless AA (so far!) no longer has the audio dropouts. Maybe it's something that is fixed in Android 12? BUt drove almost an hour today streaming music with no drops, which never happened with my Samsung.
Know its off topic, but how are you liking the Pixel 6 Pro? I am looking to upgrade from my Pixel 4, and don't like the new camera bump....

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Know its off topic, but how are you liking the Pixel 6 Pro? I am looking to upgrade from my Pixel 4, and don't like the new camera bump....
It's only been about 24 hours, but yeah, I like it. I am coming from a Z Fold2 which, while it is a great phone, is just too bulky when it's folded up (I am going to miss the real estate when unfolded, I can already tell...). I've got mine in a Spigen Tough Armor case, so the camera bump isn't even a bump, the back is just perfectly flat.

My main beef is how much space is wasted on the home screen with the Google search bar at the bottom (which I never use) and the At A Glance section at the top. I normally have a Beautiful Widgets clock with 5 day forecast up at the top, but that big chunk of space is now inaccessible unless you use a 3rd-party launcher. I use every inch of my homescreen as you can see, so this is irritating to me.

Ford Mustang Mach-E TSB 21-2310 Various Sync 4 Concerns Screenshot_20211028-133424

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Sorry to revive this thread, but do we know for sure that the items addressed in this TSB are fixed via the 1.7.1 update?

I'm asking because I'm one of the few still stuck on 1.6.0, and I still have the symptoms reported in this TSB.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Sorry to revive this thread, but do we know for sure that the items addressed in this TSB are fixed via the 1.7.1 update?

I'm asking because I'm one of the few still stuck on 1.6.0, and I still have the symptoms reported in this TSB.
The 1.7.1 is vastley better, after having the dealer do the update my car has no longer been stuck and has received every update since. In fact it got 2.3.0 today

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
The 1.7.1 is vastley better, after having the dealer do the update my car has no longer been stuck and has received every update since. In fact it got 2.3.0 today
Good to know. Were you stuck on 1.6.0 with a failed 1.7.1 before having this TSB update done at the dealer? And when abouts was that?

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Good to know. Were you stuck on 1.6.0 with a failed 1.7.1 before having this TSB update done at the dealer? And when abouts was that?
Yes, my car would not update. I was having Bluetooth connectivity issues and sync would lock up all the time

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag

We don't know for sure but that is the assumption. If you haven't gotten 1.7.1 you can go to your dealer with these issues and they can manually update it for you.

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Was this included in 21P22? Because I was not aware of that but my CarPlay issues seems to be gone with 21P22

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Was this included in 21P22? Because I was not aware of that but my CarPlay issues seems to be gone with 21P22
No it wasn't. 1.7.1 OTA is APIM and so is 2.3.
Sponsored