Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
This TSB has been superseded by TSB 24-2141.

If your 2023 never stops charging (blue light on charge port keeps pulsing), you may need the powertrain software updated at the dealer.

TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN
Exterior Blue Charge Status Indicator Segments Flashing And High Voltage Battery Continues To Charge After Preset Charge Target Percentage Has Been Met While Using Level 1 Or Level 2 Charger - Built On 29-May-2023 And Through 21-Nov-2023
24-2094
27 March 2024​
Model:
Ford
2023 Mustang Mach-E
Built on 29-May-2023 and through 21-Nov-2023
Markets: Published by Ford North America

Issue: Some 2023 Mustang Mach-E vehicles built on 29-May-2023 and through 21-Nov-2023 may exhibit an exterior blue charge status indicator segments flashing and high voltage battery continues to charge after preset charge target percentage has been met while using level 1 or level 2 charger. This may be due to the software in the SOBDM. To correct the condition, follow the Service Procedure to reprogram the SOBDM.
Action: Follow the Service Procedure to correct the condition on vehicles that meet all of the following criteria:

• 2023 Mustang Mach-E
• Built on 29-May-2023 and through 21-Nov-2023
• Exterior blue charge status indicator segments flashing
• High voltage battery continues to charge after preset charge target percentage has been met while using level 1 or level 2 charger.

Warranty Status: Eligible under provisions of New Vehicle Limited Warranty (NVLW)/Service Part Warranty (SPW)/Special Service Part (SSP)/Extended Service Plan (ESP) coverage. Limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. NVLW/SPW/SSP/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
Labor Times
DescriptionOperation No.Time
2023 Mustang Mach-E: Check Vehicle Build Date, Reprogram The Appropriate Modules As Required By The Software Update And Service Procedure (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)
MT242094​
Actual Time​
Repair/Claim Coding
Causal Part:10B689
Condition Code:04

Service Procedure
1. Connect a battery charger to the 12-volt battery.
NOTE: To prevent the battery saver mode from activating on the vehicle, make sure the negative cable of the charger is installed on a chassis or engine ground, and not the 12-volt battery negative terminal. Do not have the vehicle plugged into the high voltage battery charger during programming. This can cause incorrect module programming. Make sure only the 12-volt battery charger is installed.
2. Reprogram the PCM using the latest software level of the FDRS scan tool.
3. Check the availability of software updates on the following modules and update as required:
  • SOBDM
  • BECM
  • SOBDMB
  • SOBDMC
  • ABS
NOTE: Only one module may be updated at a time.
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
This has been superseded by TSB 24-2141......

The only changes are the production dates of the vehicles involved (now it starts with vehicles produced from 26 Jun 23 instead of almost a month earlier on 29 May 23), and the causal part is listed as the SOBDMC, instead of the SOBDM as it was in the original TSB for this issue (24-2094).

Bottom line is if you have this problem...the fix is still having a tech update your powertrain to the latest revs.

Attachments

ack154

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GT PE
I'm wondering if my 2023 is doing this but a little confused.

This says the HVB "continues to charge" ... but is it actually doing that? Some of the comments in the thread that cvez linked says it still stops at the programmed charged level (90%, or whatever it's set to). So is it still "charging" or does the indicator light (or some module) think it's still charging, even though it may not be adding more charge?

I'll have to check it again in the next few days, but I'm pretty sure I always still have a flashing blue indicator in the morning after it charging up at night (and like the other thread mentioned, it definitely finishes the charge up to my 90% later in the evening).

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I'm wondering if my 2023 is doing this but a little confused.

This says the HVB "continues to charge" ... but is it actually doing that? Some of the comments in the thread that cvez linked says it still stops at the programmed charged level (90%, or whatever it's set to). So is it still "charging" or does the indicator light (or some module) think it's still charging, even though it may not be adding more charge?

I'll have to check it again in the next few days, but I'm pretty sure I always still have a flashing blue indicator in the morning after it charging up at night (and like the other thread mentioned, it definitely finishes the charge up to my 90% later in the evening).
"Continues to charge" = Blue light keeps pulsing, EVSE stays on, and vehicle continues to draw a small amount of power (several hundred watts) from the wall until unplugged.

B177y

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.willybeanscoffee.com
Vehicles
23 CR1, 21 Highlander V6, 01 F-350 V10, 13 VStrom
Country flag
@Mach-Lee & @Mike G, thanks for posting these TSBs. Appointment made for early June to get this done. My build date is 7/23, so I fit the dates in 24-2094 and 24-2141. This will also save me from attempting my first FDRS home update attempt.

I have been trying to figure out why my JuiceBox 40 shows "0.25 kW" on the charging curve after my charge limit is reached. It happens about 90% of the time. The other 10% it goes to 0.0 kW when reached, as it should. It doesn't matter what my charge limit is set to, or if I change the output of the JuiceBox (40 amp, 32, amp, 25 amp, etc...) this still randomly happens. I wanted to test with a different EVSE, but my Ford and travel chargers are both "dumb" chargers, so I can't see if any power is still flowing. FordPass shows zero kW or is blank, likely due to rounding when this happens. 250 Watts is not an insignificant draw for essentially nothing happening. I have been either hitting the "Pause Charging" button on the JuiceBox app or unplugging when my charge level is reached to stop the vampire draw. The HVB does not seem gain any energy during the 0.25kw phase, no matter how long it sits.

Aubury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I wonder if i actually want to get this TSB done hah. It does use more power, drawing a kWh or 2 every ~6 hours after done charging, but the system remaining active means the 12v battery keeps getting charged even after it's done charging the main battery. I always have a 100% full 12v after my EVSE cuts off power in the morning when ToD rates activate.

areacode413

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
I am still hanging on for the OTA. It’s the only glitch so far with my build. If I get one I am turning off auto updates like it’s a Windows computer from the 2000s

waternut13134

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E
I wonder if i actually want to get this TSB done hah. It does use more power, drawing a kWh or 2 every ~6 hours after done charging, but the system remaining active means the 12v battery keeps getting charged even after it's done charging the main battery. I always have a 100% full 12v after my EVSE cuts off power in the morning when ToD rates activate.
Im having this issue and taking mine in this morning, I would say yes because you now have that cooling pump running nonstop which I'm sure is putting much unwanted stress on it.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
yeah I just don't think it's a good idea for the all the ac charging components to run continuously for no good purpose. I mean with the fault, mine would literally have the blue light and humming sound until I unplugged it, whether one hour or twenty hours. I've not regretted getting it fixed.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I am still hanging on for the OTA. It’s the only glitch so far with my build. If I get one I am turning off auto updates like it’s a Windows computer from the 2000s
The OTA for this might never come out. I mean I got my car sorted at the dealer in February and here it is almost June still no OTA.

waternut13134

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E
yeah I just don't think it's a good idea for the all the ac charging components to run continuously for no good purpose. I mean with the fault, mine would literally have the blue light and humming sound until I unplugged it, whether one hour or twenty hours. I've not regretted getting it fixed.
How long did yours do this for? I got mine about a month ago and always have it plugged in when I'm at home and its been doing this since I got it so now I'm worried about all the excess strain the AC charging equipment has to do.

areacode413

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
The OTA for this might never come out. I mean I got my car sorted at the dealer in February and here it is almost June still no OTA.
After the front facing camera fault I received on my way to the hospital, I left the car with the dealer on May 24th to perform two updates. One for the charge fault and the other for the camera. Had this charger issue since December. Got tired of waiting for an OTA.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
How long did yours do this for? I got mine about a month ago and always have it plugged in when I'm at home and its been doing this since I got it so now I'm worried about all the excess strain the AC charging equipment has to do.
that was my concern as well. I got my gt in Sep 26 2023, I traded my 21 premium in on it. I knew immediately first time I home charged something was wrong, took it back to the dealer following monday, after a week consensus was it was software and so took the car home. Opened a case with BEV team, after four months in large part to an unnamed individual on this forum, I got it sorted. BEV team called me, they scheduled an appt with my dealer, took the car in next day in and out in 90 minutes.

I never left mine plugged in after the problem was identified, I charged to threshold and when that was reached I'd turn it off in Fordpass and then physically unplug the car.

This is the very long thread I started on it. https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/charging-issue.30922/
Sponsored