John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Escape
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I was driving hands free at 72 mph on the NJ turnpike. I was in the right lane. Someone was exiting in front of me and then came back into the right lane and slowed down drastically. I grabbed the wheel and before I could swerve the MME steered into the middle lane. It felt like it jumped into the middle lane. I probably would have avoided an accident, but the MME did did a super job!
Sponsored

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Great story! Remind me, do we have to turn that feature on, or is it always on by default?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I was driving hands free at 72 mph on the NJ turnpike. I was in the right lane. Someone was exiting in front of me and then came back into the right lane and slowed down drastically. I grabbed the wheel and before I could swerve the MME steered into the middle lane. It felt like it jumped into the middle lane. I probably would have avoided an accident, but the MME did did a super job!
Wait, wut? These new-fangled features insisted on by the guberment actually might save lives? o_O ;)

samev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Yet another feature that I find confusing as hell, especially after reading the manual page below.

Does Evasive Steering Assist, which btw only activates once the driver has turned the steering wheel, account for obstables in the turning lane (either in front or another car coming up from behind), before forecfully swerving the car on to the adjacent lane?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Turn on Evasive Steering Assist! 1679355539442

OP
OP

jgregov

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Escape
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Yet another feature that I find confusing as hell, especially after reading the manual page below.

Does Evasive Steering Assist, which btw only activates once the driver has turned the steering wheel, account for obstables in the turning lane (either in front or another car coming up from behind), before forecfully swerving the car on to the adjacent lane?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Turn on Evasive Steering Assist! 1679355539442
I don't know if the car checked the middle lane before steering into it? Thank God there was no one there. I started to swerve but the the car steered in a way that there was no swerving. I don't think I could have done it in that way. Like I said before it was like it "jumped" into the next lane.

samev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Glad it turned out ok for you, whether you needed the steering assist feature or not.

Ford does not make it clear in either the manual or their videos whether the adjacent lane is checked before attempting the evasive maneuver. If it is checked, I'd be more likely to try and steer out of a possible collision during that split second when I might not have the time to check for traffic on the next lane myself.
Sponsored