Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
Can't see that that would cause this delay. If it was a charging issue I would assume that it could be fixed with an OTA update. Wouldn't have thought it would stop deliveries/driving capabilities. And also they have said that they have done comprehensive winter testing. If they are delaying deliveries of cars that are in transit then it must be something a bit more serious.
when I changed my colour I checked first and they said it would not affect delivery. Now my order has changed they are saying 20/23 weeks so I think there must have been a significant slippage. I agree it's not lightly to be cold charging. More likely supply chain issues due to Covid and the such. First world problems... :) I'll wait.
Sponsored

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Can't see that that would cause this delay. If it was a charging issue I would assume that it could be fixed with an OTA update. Wouldn't have thought it would stop deliveries/driving capabilities. And also they have said that they have done comprehensive winter testing. If they are delaying deliveries of cars that are in transit then it must be something a bit more serious.
Will this mean it's more wine at the weekend again?! I think I it will be for me!

What could be more serious? ...... that just keeps me going back to thinking about battery issues.

I wonder if the USA thread with the survey might bring up a common configuration e.g. those with the ER extra battery pack.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
when I changed my colour I checked first and they said it would not affect delivery. Now my order has changed they are saying 20/23 weeks so I think there must have been a significant slippage. I agree it's not lightly to be cold charging. More likely supply chain issues due to Covid and the such. First world problems... :) I'll wait.
it's got to be more than that, I think cars that are being shipped are being recalled. Someone needs to check that in case I have misunderstood.

I have also seen people who in the USA have cars listed as built but now showing a delayed delivery.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
If it was something small couldn't the dealer make a repair when they receive it? Must be a manufacturing issue that has been found on a call. For example, a hose is fitted with a clip that is not good enough and fails drastically in cold weather. So they have to change the clip. The part was not the one used in the prototype so wasn't picked up. Making it up but the car is complex and mistakes like this when its first manufactured happen.
I would rather they fixed it all before it arrived than have to send it back for a recall.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
it's got to be more than that, I think cars that are being shipped are being recalled. Someone needs to check that in case I have misunderstood.

I have also seen people who in the USA have cars listed as built but now showing a delayed delivery.
There hasn't been any mention of cars being recalled. Only that delivery dates have been pushed back by a couple of months. The problem could just be an OTA fix that they need time to programme. It could be a dealer fix problem that they wont allow the release until it is fixed. It could just be delivery issues but I find that hard to believe as most customers that seem to be affected are those whose cars have been shipped. Could be why none of ours are showing as shipped and why none of us have had an email. YET.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I agree Sasha and transparency is always good.

What they fear is this being used by Elon as a stick to beat them with if this results in bad publicity for their first mass market EV which is pitched as direct competition to Telsa's cars.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Change of subject, can I say this car is stunning. I had a Renault 5 when I was in my teens, then a Clio 16v and I love this car. If I didn't need a bigger car I would be really tempted by this.

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 5_50

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 GTPE
Country flag
Change of subject, can I say this car is stunning. I had a Renault 5 when I was in my teens, then a Clio 16v and I love this car. If I didn't need a bigger car I would be really tempted by this.

5_50.jpg
Yeah, it looks great.... Honda-E take note.

Last edited:

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
UPDATE FROM FORD]:

"As part of our commitment to delivering high-quality vehicles, we are conducting additional quality checks on several hundred Mustang Mach-E models built before dealer shipments started last month," said Emma Bergg at Ford public relations. "As part of our quality process, we want to ensure they meet the quality our customers expect and deserve. We notified affected customers that they may receive their Mustang Mach-Es on different timing than previously discussed. The team is working to expedite these vehicles, and we hope that customers receive them ahead of targeted dates, providing there are no COVID-19-related transportation delays."

As for the total number of vehicles impacted by the additional quality checks, Bergg clarified that "It applies to several hundred vehicles (those customers who have been emailed.)"

My car, as were some other UK cars, was supposedly built during this timeline. I know I haven't received this email so being forever the optimist I am assuming the best and that my car wasn't affected. However, nearly 6 weeks have passed and it still hasn't been shipped. Why is this I ask? Perhaps mine is affected but as it hasn't been shipped yet Ford deem it unnecessary to inform me that it might be delayed. My eta, according to vista, is w/e 13 March (56 days) so if the issue has been fixed we could still be on time. No news is good news I think. ????

Iwantonenow

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e (currently have ioniq)
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
UPDATE FROM FORD]:

"As part of our commitment to delivering high-quality vehicles, we are conducting additional quality checks on several hundred Mustang Mach-E models built before dealer shipments started last month," said Emma Bergg at Ford public relations. "As part of our quality process, we want to ensure they meet the quality our customers expect and deserve. We notified affected customers that they may receive their Mustang Mach-Es on different timing than previously discussed. The team is working to expedite these vehicles, and we hope that customers receive them ahead of targeted dates, providing there are no COVID-19-related transportation delays."

As for the total number of vehicles impacted by the additional quality checks, Bergg clarified that "It applies to several hundred vehicles (those customers who have been emailed.)"

My car, as were some other UK cars, was supposedly built during this timeline. I know I haven't received this email so being forever the optimist I am assuming the best and that my car wasn't affected. However, nearly 6 weeks have passed and it still hasn't been shipped. Why is this I ask? Perhaps mine is affected but as it hasn't been shipped yet Ford deem it unnecessary to inform me that it might be delayed. My eta, according to vista, is w/e 13 March (56 days) so if the issue has been fixed we could still be on time. No news is good news I think. ????
By the end of this you may be delivered not only your car but an award for most optimistic person on the planet too!

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
By the end of this you may be delivered not only your car but an award for most optimistic person on the planet too!
I'll take that thanks. Better than looking at the bottom of an empty bottle

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 GTPE
Country flag
UPDATE FROM FORD]:

I admire your positivity, Grahame. Unfortunately I donā€™t share it... extra quality assurance smells a bit bullshitty to me.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is good ! They are performing "additional quality checks'!

To deliver 'high quality vehicles'!

In the spirit of this I'm doing 'additional b/s detection'

To translate this as meaningless PR to people in the USA spending a lot of money who are told at the last minute their deliveries will be upto 2 months delayed?

And a lot of the UK preorders delivery delays.

This is shockingly handled from what I can see on the usa forum. Why are they putting up with this?

Some of these people have waited a year or more?

This makes me question what the after sales service is going to be like?

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 GTPE
Country flag
Iā€™d be surprised if there is no knock on effect felt here in the UK... Fords most insignificant Mach-E market. If I have to wait until August, Iā€™m likely to cancel.