grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
It would appear that there could be a problem with our cars. A lot of our friends the other side of the pond are receiving emails that their projected delivery dates this month have been delayed until March. Those cars, presumably, were produced last month. Hopefully it is nothing more than a logistical problem and not a QC issue.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Even more worrying is that the tracker is NOT accepting my VIN now.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I'm rather hoping something might be happening. Just been onto the tracker and my eta end date has changed again. It is now blank. ??
Seems I could have been correct. Something may well be happening. Unfortunately, judging by the posts from US, it doesn't look like good news

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Looking at some of those posts the cars were on their way right? Looks like a production issue.

Also my suspicions are this is why they stacked up cars after production in december, not logistics but because they had an issue with something.

I did suggest at the time it might be a battery issue like they had with the kuga hyrid but that was just a guess. I got slammed by the us forums for being effectively an idiot for not accepting is was logistical delays due to the virus!

But we can only guess what this recall to factory is, if it is a recall.

Other euro threads are showing dates being pushed back.

Those earphones are looking increasing like they need reviewing.

Nick Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E RWD SR
Country flag
I know I am going to be hated for saying this but a later delivery doesn't phase me too much. Driving to meetings isn't really going to open up in the UK until mid-year

Don't get me wrong I would love to play with it now But as it stands, the MME is still the best buy and best looking BEV on the market

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There is no hate on this thread dude. If you're able to then waiting this out is indeed a sensible option compared to the alternative EV's in my opinion.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
I wonder if it has anything to do with the poor charging rates we’ve seen recently?

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Also @Mercury8, I’m in the same boat as you re: financing. Since nobody is able/ willing to help me complete it, but the car is still scheduled to be built, I might just keep quite and hopefully walk away with a free car.

Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag
Also @Mercury8, I’m in the same boat as you re: financing. Since nobody is able/ willing to help me complete it, but the car is still scheduled to be built, I might just keep quite and hopefully walk away with a free car.
Excellent plan. If push comes to shove I could tell my dealer I paid it to Ford and tell Ford I paid it to the dealer.
Since they don’t seem able to talk to each other that could work! ??

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I wonder if it has anything to do with the poor charging rates we’ve seen recently?
Perhaps it's about how the car struggles to charge in extreme cold conditions and this has only been discovered as this is the first winter it has been tried in. And thus connected with comments that it lacks a heat pump to condition the battery for charging in cold temps.

None of this has been confirmed but the usa customers are furious about their emails and will surely find out soon what the issue is. B/S filters will be set ON!

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Perhaps it's about how the car struggles to charge in extreme cold conditions and this has only been discovered as this is the first winter it has been tried in. And thus connected with comments that it lacks a heat pump to condition the battery for charging in cold temps.

None of this has been confirmed but the usa customers are furious about their emails and will surely find out soon what the issue is. B/S filters will be set ON!
Can't see that that would cause this delay. If it was a charging issue I would assume that it could be fixed with an OTA update. Wouldn't have thought it would stop deliveries/driving capabilities. And also they have said that they have done comprehensive winter testing. If they are delaying deliveries of cars that are in transit then it must be something a bit more serious.
Sponsored