grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Order has been sucessfully cancelled, I swear it was easier getting a PS5 on launch day. I have no idea what the Mach E team are up to but the communication between them and the dealerships is woeful at best. Onine system says , you cant cancel online call the delership, dealership says, sorry you need to cancel online, we've never done this before, we have no access to cancel an online order. This went on for 2 days straight. Finally after a lot of hairpulling and raised voices, I made some progress and got the confirmation email a few minutes ago. Its been great hangin with you guys over the last 12 months and good luck with your orders. I'll be peeking in once in a while just to get some firsthand reviews from those of you who get your cars imminently. Peace, I'm out.
In the words of the great Queen, another one bites the dust. Sorry to hear that you have jumped ship. Best wishes for the future. I have said it before and I will say it again, totally understand where you are coming from.
Sponsored

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
There must be someone in the vast organisation that is Ford, ha that's ironic as there doesn't seem to be any (organisation), who knows what is exactly happening with our MME's. All we need to do is track him/her down, find out how to contact them and then send them a shovel so that the can dig their head out of the sand and give us the answers to our questions. I have managed to keep very optimistic during this whole debacle but even I have my limits. The longer the lack of clarity goes on the more I can't help thinking that there is something wrong which is why there is a dry hole in the public relations department. All the press reviews that have been published recently have all been very complimentary so I believe when (not if) it arrives it will be worth the wait. I can handle the wait but would just like to know why I am having to wait. I don't think that is too much to ask is it? I don't think it is too much of an understatement to say that Ford's future lies with this car but if they can't keep their customers onboard, informed and happy it doesn't matter how good the car is they won't have any customers left to buy one.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Partial result. Dearborn are 5 hours behind us. I have just had a notification that Emma Bergg has read my email.
Now lets see if she replies. Watch this space but don't hold your breath.

Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag
On the plus side all this palaver has given me some inspiration on a name for my Rapid Red MME...if I get it: The Scarlet Pimpernel!?
It’s certainly elusive...

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Want a list of people to work through? ......

Here you go:
Ford Press Contacts
Thanks. Don't know why I'm the one doing all the chasing but hey ho, it is what it is. I'll wait to see if Emma replies. If not VP communications and public affairs looks favourite. Aim high is what my old man always told me

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Thanks. Don't know why I'm the one doing all the chasing but hey ho, it is what it is. I'll wait to see if Emma replies. If not VP communications and public affairs looks favourite. Aim high is what my old man always told me
I'm happy to wade in and help with a multi-pronged approach if you like. ?

On the subject of writing to the bigwigs of any company I just wanted to share an experience I had a couple of years ago at Apple.

I'll keep it brief, but over the course of a week I suffered a succession of the most appalling customer service blunders and rudeness from an employee at an Apple store regarding the launch of a new iPhone. By the end of it I was thoroughly hacked off and I wrote a nice email to Tim Cook (the top man at Apple) just to tell him how the launch of their latest product was going.

Within 4hrs I received a phone call from "a member of Tim's Team" in the US apologising for what had happened, and was told that within the next 24hrs I would get a call from someone in the UK.

The next day I got a call from the UK Head of Retail, and he had arranged for a new handset to be couriered to my local store (at this point stock was rarer than rocking horse poo) and was I would receive a call from the store manager shortly. Within hours I got that call and it was arranged for me to visit the retail location just after closing time to pick up the new couriered handset and get £100 worth of accessories and freebies and a personal apology from the Manager.

Now that's customer service!

So writing to the top man/woman can work and have the desired effect.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I'm happy to wade in and help with a multi-pronged approach if you like. ?

On the subject of writing to the bigwigs of any company I just wanted to share an experience I had a couple of years ago at Apple.

I'll keep it brief, but over the course of a week I suffered a succession of the most appalling customer service blunders and rudeness from an employee at an Apple store regarding the launch of a new iPhone. By the end of it I was thoroughly hacked off and I wrote a nice email to Tim Cook (the top man at Apple) just to tell him how the launch of their latest product was going.

Within 4hrs I received a phone call from "a member of Tim's Team" in the US apologising for what had happened, and was told that within the next 24hrs I would get a call from someone in the UK.

The next day I got a call from the UK Head of Retail, and he had arranged for a new handset to be couriered to my local store (at this point stock was rarer than rocking horse poo) and was I would receive a call from the store manager shortly. Within hours I got that call and it was arranged for me to visit the retail location just after closing time to pick up the new couriered handset and get £100 worth of accessories and freebies and a personal apology from the Manager.

Now that's customer service!

So writing to the top man/woman can work and have the desired effect.
Don't get me wrong. I wasn't having a go. I just want to know that I have exhausted ALL avenues before I commit to jumping ship. This is like wading through last weeks porridge. Haven't hit the brick wall yet. Next week is a new week. I'll have the weekend off and start afresh on Monday. 31 March is my deadline. My current car is 4 years old then so will need a service, MOT and road tax. I will lose all but road tax when I come to PX so the money I have put by to top up my deposit will be eaten into thereby making my repayments higher. What will be will be.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Don't get me wrong. I wasn't having a go. I just want to know that I have exhausted ALL avenues before I commit to jumping ship. This is like wading through last weeks porridge. Haven't hit the brick wall yet. Next week is a new week. I'll have the weekend off and start afresh on Monday. 31 March is my deadline. My current car is 4 years old then so will need a service, MOT and road tax. I will lose all but road tax when I come to PX so the money I have put by to top up my deposit will be eaten into thereby making my repayments higher. What will be will be.
I'm gonna drop Lisa Brankin a nice email - see if any of her team can add anything to the mix ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers Screenshot 2021-01-22 at 15.08.32

Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag
I’m more than happy to help out as well. I was going to give it a couple of days and see if my latest email to Ford prompts any sort of reply.
I’m getting closer to the point of having to make the dreaded decision to pull the plug...

If there’s still a feeling of needing to chase things up further up the line next week then I’m happy to help.

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
I contacted the local dealer yesterday and he replied that there is a special Dealerinfo coming from Ford NL regarding the wait time in Mexico for cars already produced in (early) december...i expect it any day now

Spensaf

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alfa Romeo 4C Spider, Alfa Romeo Stelvio
Country flag
On the plus side all this palaver has given me some inspiration on a name for my Rapid Red MME...if I get it: The Scarlet Pimpernel!?
It’s certainly elusive...
I already suggested that to to someone that asked about names!!

Spensaf

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alfa Romeo 4C Spider, Alfa Romeo Stelvio
Country flag
I'm gonna drop Lisa Brankin a nice email - see if any of her team can add anything to the mix ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers Screenshot 2021-01-22 at 15.08.32
I wrote to her on the 18th December. Never got a reply.

"Dear Lisa,

I have received many emails from you since I placed my pre-order for a Mustang Mach E First Edition 13 months ago to the day.

I confirmed my order the moment I received my email asking to confirm it. I was shocked and massively disappointed to have an estimated delivery date of 21st May 2021. Having been looking forward to getting the car since the release date I have been active on some Mach E forums. My disappointment was further compounded when other customers were excited about their March and April delivery dates. As a director of a Trade Finance company, I understand more than most the issues that have plagued international trade in both procurement and logistics.

What I fail to understand is that, after being told the following through out the year by Ford, that my build is not even schedules for production yet :-

1. “CONGRATULATIONS! YOU'RE AHEAD OF THE PACK” - 18/11/19
2. "We’ve successfully loaded your pre-order into our ordering system and we’ll confirm when and how you can complete your order to be one of the first in the UK to receive your all-electric Mustang Mach-E.” - 15/5/20
3. We expect deliveries to begin in the UK in early 2021 but can confirm, that as one of our pre-order customers, you are at the front of the queue. “ - 22/5/20
4. Your pre-order number has been randomly generated and we’ll be prioritising production using your pre-order date as much as possible. - 8/10/20
5. Your order number has been randomly generated and we schedule vehicle production according to your pre-order date. - 11/12/20.

I have just been informed by Rebecca, one of the concierges of the following :-

"The Mustang Mach-E production facility works on a batch build process, so vehicles of the same specification are built together in a fixed volume batch. Customers were able to order not only the First Edition from the start, but other Mach-E models as well. The vehicles were then scheduled for production in the order of when the order was placed, no matter whether they were a First Edition or alternatively a RWD Extended range for example. In cases where there were not enough early orders to complete a batch, the balance has had to be fulfilled by pulling forward earlier orders of the required specification, hence some later orders will end up getting built earlier than would have been anticipated.

Some of most popular models are experiencing longer production times due to the above."

The above is full of contradictions based on pre-order and orders on the Forum. If the First Edition was sold out in December 19, how could there not be enough orders to allocate production. It makes no sense.

I will forward my reply to Rebecca’s email which details my anger and concerns but I feel that I have been misled over the past year and feel cheated that people who pre-ordered a car in September and October this year will get to appreciate the car 2 months before I will.

I really think people who ordered First Editions, if they are all delayed as suggested above, deserve more than a little pair of headphones.

I hope I receive a more productive reply than I did from Rebecca.

Kind regards,

Spencer Saffer

PS. I placed another order today for the RWD ER model and my expected delivery date is 7 days after my 13 month old pre-order.

Both order numbers are below so you can check that fact. The First Edition was pre-ordered at 13:00 on 18/11/19 :-"