grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Another step forward - ford pass arrived this morning:)

Possibly a small step back - Power outage in Houston due to unprecedented snow storms in Texas - thats where our boat is atm ?. Let's hope it didn't have much to load and unload.

IMG_0041.jpg
She has been in port since last night(LT) and I suspect the port has a back up anyway. Not that she would need it to unload. Very much doubt they would be on shore power.

Iwantonenow

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e (currently have ioniq)
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
Ford pass arrived!
Ship is definitely leaving tomorrow according to Rebecca, just unfortunately not with my car which is currently a lump of metal and some electric bits and bobs...sigh.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Did she confirm much about what's going on the ship? Or just that we have a ship and it's leaving tomorrow? Otherwise she will be getting 100s of emails soon asking "is me car on dat ship" ?

Did she say for example - all the cars from the december and january build?

Iwantonenow

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e (currently have ioniq)
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
Did she confirm much about what's on the ship? Or just that we have a ship and it's leaving tomorrow? Otherwise she will be getting 100s of emails soon asking "is me car on dat ship" ?
No, she just mentioned it in passing while promising to get back to us with an update of how my metal and wires are doing.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Did she confirm much about what's on the ship? Or just that we have a ship and it's leaving tomorrow? Otherwise she will be getting 100s of emails soon asking "is me car on dat ship" ?
She won't know until after the ship has sailed and she gets the manifest. Hope fully she might let us know

Pomini

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mm ( awaiting)
Country flag
If the ship is sailing tomorrow it's not the Grande Houston which is still in Houston so I have been tracking the wrong ship doh!

Looking at the ships currently at Veracruz the only vehicle carrier I can see is the Siem Confucius, I wonder if thats our ship?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
If the ship is sailing tomorrow it's not the Grande Houston which is still in Houston so I have been tracking the wrong ship doh!

Looking at the ships currently at Veracruz the only vehicle carrier I can see is the Siem Confucius, I wonder if thats our ship?
She was due to sail on 12th. Then it was 18th. She is now due to sail 19th arriving in Veracruz tomorrow. We thinking on today time, they are on yesterday time. We almost, they are 6 hours behind so it's only 1030 over there. The most she has spent in port so far this trip is 17 hours. Don't panic yet.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
She was due to sail on 12th. Then it was 18th. She is now due to sail 19th arriving in Veracruz tomorrow. We thinking on today time, they are on yesterday time. We almost, they are 6 hours behind so it's only 1030 over there. The most she has spent in port so far this trip is 17 hours. Don't panic yet.
Yeah the scheduling has been a bit "fluid" - I had Grande H as arriving in Veracruz sometime late on 18th Mexico time (early hours of 19th UK time) and then departing late evening on 19th Mexico time (early hours 20th UK time)

We will see - I'm trying to get hold of the Grimaldi Shipment Number for this batch so I can track individual VINs onboard. VIN Wonky is trying to work his web magic again :)

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Yeah the scheduling has been a bit "fluid" - I had Grande H as arriving in Veracruz sometime late on 18th Mexico time (early hours of 19th UK time) and then departing late evening on 19th Mexico time (early hours 20th UK time)

We will see - I'm trying to get hold of the Grimaldi Shipment Number for this batch so I can track individual VINs onboard. VIN Wonky is trying to work his web magic again :)
Good luck with that. Grimaldi can't tell you what's booked on, only what has been loaded and then only until after its sailed. At least that's what they told me in January

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Good luck with that. Grimaldi can't tell you what's booked on, only what has been loaded and then only until after its sailed. At least that's what they told me in January
Yep indeed - the data would only be available after loading. They speak the truth :)

There's a little man with a barcode scanner at the loading ramp scanning every vin as it's driven in :)

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

if you got that on the spreadsheet ..... wow

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yep indeed - the data would only be available after loading. They speak the truth :)

There's a little man with a barcode scanner at the loading ramp scanning every vin as it's driven in :)
yeah you put some boots on the ground just as I suspected. this has become a very expensive mission.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
yeah you put some boots on the ground just as I suspected. this has become a very expensive mission.
I wish I had that amount of money and resources to put a man on the ground in Mexico, but if I was to I would only be duplicating what the shipping company does. :)

Literally there is a man in a high viz vest with a handheld barcode scanner on the loading ramp.

My solutions are more remote technology based ;)

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I wish I had that amount of money and resources to put a man on the ground in Mexico, but if I was to I would only be duplicating what the shipping company does. :)

Literally there is a man in a high viz vest with a handheld barcode scanner on the loading ramp.

My solutions are more remote technology based ;)
The team are already on route and they are blending in nicely. Very discretely looking for the Vessel.

the-team.jpg
Sponsored