Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e (currently have ioniq)
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
I hope so. Word is that my (red) car is sitting at the dock right now.
Sponsored

markpilky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang mache on order
Country flag
Morning. I feel a prediction coming on.
Grande Houston is due to arrive in Veracruz late tonight to load, hopefully, some of our cars. At the moment she is due to arrive in Antwerp on 15th
March where UK cars will be unloaded to wait for shipping to Southampton. The next ship to arrive at Veracruz is the MSC Immacolata on 28th Feb. She is due to arrive in Antwerp on 22nd March. Now, according to Grimaldi's scheduling, the next available ship to Southampton, Grande Mediterraneo, leaves Antwerp on 23rd March arriving 24th so there could be quite a few cars on this ship. Allowing 2 weeks for delivery to dealers, PDI's etc I forecast that if we are lucky we should be taking delivery of our MME'S mid April. Now wouldn't that be nice. About another 7 weeks then. I can live with that. ??????. Of course Ford could always take pity on us and ask Grimaldi to change the schedule and get the Grande Houston to divert to Southampton on her way to Antwerp. She is going past after all. That would be even nicer.
Mid April delivery ties in with what my dealer told me. Although mine is still in production so I doubt it will make the Grande Houston. Fingers crossed for the next boat!

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
She actually checked your order number? I didn't think there was any point asking as she didn't appear to have access to vista etc when I last emailed her a month ago.

Iwantonenow

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
She actually checked your order number? I didn't think there was any point asking as she didn't appear to have access to vista etc when I last emailed her a month ago.
Now they have been scanned she can

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
Surely customs is predeclared by computer before they enter the EU? I know nothing about that process but there's some here who probably do.
It's certainly possible to clear customs in transit as we have used this for computer parts. I recall it wasn't cheap so I guess it all depends on Ford.

Iwantonenow

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
Or they aren't concerned about the time.it takes to get to us. The cars getting on the ship tonight are due to get to England on 6th May and will be with the dealers a week or so after that.
Now that could be their way of protecting themselves if things go slower than they hope, but I'm not so sure.
Have the cars that were on the first ship over made it to the UK yet?

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
If it was a big issue, they'd take a ship that stops in the UK first.
Or the other scenario is although the boat is going to Antwerp, it will only offload EU vehicles there, and then make the hop across and offload UK vehicles in UK.

It does seem somewhat labour intensive and unnecessary to offload them all in Belgium to then have to reload them onto another ship for the short hop.

Iwantonenow

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
Or the other scenario is although the boat is going to Antwerp, it will only offload EU vehicles there, and then make the hop across and offload UK vehicles in UK.

It does seem somewhat labour intensive and unnecessary to offload them all in Belgium to then have to reload them onto another ship for the short hop.
This is the best possible option for us.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
This is the best possible option for us.
The last few Toyotas I've had that have been made in Japan have done a similar thing where the ship drops off at several stops in the EU and then to UK and then up to Norway.

EssexChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER
Country flag
After cancelling original order, the info I have from tracker for 2nd order is

ETA END DATE 1990-01-01
PRODUCTION DATE 2020-03-28
SHIP DATE 2021-02-09
TRANSIT DATE 03
PRIMARY STATUS In transit

Do you think there's a good chance this will be boarding a ship soon.