davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
I've ordered those as well - tad expensive but is an expensive car for me, also ordered the boot protector as we have a dog.

Is it killing anyone else who like me have a build from last year but don't know for sure if they are on the boats.I assume the car is on one but after all this wait you would have thought that ford would have kept us up to date and let us know where our cars are accurately.
Yes me as well! I have a cancelled order which was built on the 28/11/2020 but, according to my dealer, is still waiting to be shipped to the port?

It is frustrating but I really can't wait to get in this car. I've only ever owned 3 new cars prior to this. The Mach E is, by far, the most exciting.
Sponsored

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Yes me as well! I have a cancelled order which was built on the 28/11/2020 but, according to my dealer, is still waiting to be shipped to the port?

It is frustrating but I really can't wait to get in this car. I've only ever owned 3 new cars prior to this. The Mach E is, by far, the most exciting.
Which dealer are you with?

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
it’s an interesting point missed by Ford. For many of us this is not a normal car purchase. It’s a leap in to the new world.

Graham

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX5
Occupation
Company Director
Country flag
it’s an interesting point missed by Ford. For many of us this is not a normal car purchase. It’s a leap in to the new world.
Good morning everyone - especially those with cars already mid-Atlantic. My good news is that the tracker has changed from In Production to Awaiting Shjpment so presumably my carbonised grey FE is on the quayside in Mexico waiting for the next ship. Just as an aside - and I am sure the Wonky guru will have covered it in previous posts - what is the relevance of the window sticker?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Good morning everyone - especially those with cars already mid-Atlantic. My good news is that the tracker has changed from In Production to Awaiting Shjpment so presumably my carbonised grey FE is on the quayside in Mexico waiting for the next ship. Just as an aside - and I am sure the Wonky guru will have covered it in previous posts - what is the relevance of the window sticker?
None. It was an internal specification sheet for the factory to work from for UK/EUR specs. In US it is standard practise to have a window sticker but not for us. It was put up online in error. Me and @Wonky_Donkey both managed to print ours but when we noticed errors on specs and queried them the link was taken down. We were told that we will be getting cars as spec'd on the website price guide and not to go by the window sticker

Tim03

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - SR RWD - Rapid Red
Country flag
How often does the tracker update? I believe I have a build date but it’s not on the tracker.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
How often does the tracker update? I believe I have a build date but it’s not on the tracker.
How do you 'believe' you have a build date? Has your dealer told you that vista has been updated? If it has and you have a production date then I would believe that. The 'tracker' is NOT a Ford affiliated site but just gets info from somewhere within Ford so can take a while to update. At present it is taking about 6 days for a car to go through all the build stages. My production date on vista was 3rd December and it was finished on 9th.

Tim03

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - SR RWD - Rapid Red
Country flag
How do you 'believe' you have a build date? Has your dealer told you that vista has been updated? If it has and you have a production date then I would believe that. The 'tracker' is NOT a Ford affiliated site but just gets info from somewhere within Ford so can take a while to update. At present it is taking about 6 days for a car to go through all the build stages. My production date on vista was 3rd December and it was finished on 9th.
Thanks, the dealer said April build date, he did give an exact date but stopped listening after he said an 8 weeks delay until August!

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
@Wonky_Donkey , I apologise in advance for this but there are an awful lot of gaps in the UK Mach-E order spreadsheet created by our good friend. Can you guys get hold of your dealers for vista updates and pass them on so the spreadsheet can be updated. Those with ship dates should have delivery dates by now. I'm just intrigued to see what dates people are getting.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Thanks, the dealer said April build date, he did give an exact date but stopped listening after he said an 8 weeks delay until August!
It depends on what tracker is showing now. When your spec gets sent to the factory it should go to order processing. Next stage will be in production. This should be around the date that your dealer gave you.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
This might be it! Or it's one of a few things they will be checking.
All true but that could also be a PDI check. Wrongly torqued tooling probably. Lifting the car will be a right pain. Worst than system updates.
Just good they are on this as Tesla had similar issues but in the field.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
All true but that could also be a PDI check. Wrongly torqued tooling probably. Lifting the car will be a right pain. Worst than system updates.
Just good they are on this as Tesla had similar issues but in the field.
Absolutely and Tesla now have a reputation for issues. Ford need to differentiate by having top quality.
Sponsored