davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
Question: Are the ‘In Production’ dates always genuine?

Just thinking, looking at my ‘In Production’ date (28/11/20), my VIN No: 041XX and the original order date (06/03/20), I could be getting one of the first RH Drive’s off the production line?

Given the problems highlighted in the US I don’t know how I feel about that.
Sponsored

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag

Just thinking, looking at my ‘In Production’ date (28/11/20), my VIN No: 041XX and the original order date (06/03/20), I could be getting one of the first RH Drive’s off the production line?

I've not seen a UK production date before december. I always thought the first batch was 1st week december as the only early ones i've seen say 9th dec. Like mine which is ER RWD.

I have your same concerns except regardless of production date!

It's a lot of my money they are playing fast and loose with.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag

06/03/2020 was when Ford Europe bulk uploaded the pre-orders into the ordering system that was then used for scheduling.

28/11/2020 Build date puts it near the start of the UK production run - as does that VIN serial.

Mine is a 044xx and was built after yours - but was pre-ordered waaay back in 2019.

I’m confident that Ford will sort any issues if there are any. I’m still in the opinion that people are getting themselves in a tizzy over issues that are affecting small batches of cars.... and ultimately as the customer you have the choice not to buy if you’re not confident in the product.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
This is the biggest problem with being an early adopter. You will always get snags. It is how the manufacturer deals with the problem, not the problem itself. We are lucky in the sense that those in the US that have taken delivery of their cars are our guinea pigs. Any issues that they find will have, hopefully, a fix by the time our cars arrive. Ford have already said that they will hold our cars in Antwerp for "additional QC checks" which I take to mean that any problems will be fixed, updates applied and bolts tightened before they send them to Southampton. The only problem with that is that we don't know how many cars are on the 2 ships, how many are for UK and how many for the rest of EU and how many cars are actually affected. So it could take a few days or a few weeks depending on how much work is involved. While most of us have been waiting for a year or so I am sure another few weeks is not going to matter IF we are going to get a car with 99% of the currently known problems fixed. I would rather wait a little longer to have a bit more peace of mind. As long as it is not too long. My car was built 9/12 (043xx) so like @Wonky_Donkey and @davkd mine is an early one, but I too have confidence in Ford to get them right. After all, it's what they do best. It's their communication skills that need honing (a lot)

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
I based my statement on the following FACTS. She was scheduled, according to Grimaldi's website, to arrive in Brunswick on 5 March after leaving Altamira. Given that the latest estimate from marinetraffic.com has her arriving at Brunswick today (8th) by my calculations that is 3 days late. So it follows that she will arrive late in Antwerp. I know it isn't an exact science. She could have her next stops cancelled, she could get a tail wind all the way up the east coast of the US and across the pond. She could turn turtle and all our cars go for a bath. All I am saying is that at the moment it is likely she is going to late in Antwerp.
my message was NOT intended to be offensive to you directly but people on this forum tend to create rumours themselfs or just say things without facts.

I've checked the schedule of Grimaldi Lines and something's off, while at least for me it is.
22-03 arrive Grande Houston - Antwerp
22-03 arrive MSC Immacolata - Antwerp
22-03 departure Grande Houston - Antwerp
24-03 arrive Grande Houston - Southampton
24-03 departure Grande Mediterraneo - Antwerp
25-03 arrive Grande Mediterraneo - Southampton

Grande Houston CANNOT arrive and departure within the same day in Antwerp. Takes at least 1 full day.

If the MSC Immacolata is in Antwerp after the departure of Grande Mediterraneo then it misses the direct transfer to Southampton and the cars need to wait until the next possibility (probably Gran Bretagna 3-april)

Last edited:

Mjsd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge
Country flag
my message was NOT intended to be offensive to you directly but people on this forum tend to create rumours themselfs or just say things without facts.

I've checked the schedule of Grimaldi Lines and something's off, while at least for me it is.

Grande Houston CANNOT arrive and departure within the same day in Antwerp. Takes at least 1 full day.

If the MSC Immacolata is in Antwerp after the departure of Grande Mediterraneo then it misses the direct transfer to Southampton and the cars need to wait until the next possibility (probably Gran Bretagna 3-april)
Why cannot arrive and departure within same day?

Rico2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E ER AWD on order
Country flag
Hello all,

New to forum - UK carbonised Grey AWD ER on order - I just got a modem activation section added to my 'In Production' order page.

Is this a good sign the vehicle is well on its way?...Or just another step in a long delivery process. Interested to hear if any other UK orders have got this activation message?

Cheers.

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Why cannot arrive and departure within same day?
From the loading dock to open seas (Channel) takes 5-6 hours from Antwerp (i worked for the Dutch Pilots which pilot a third of the ships to Antwerp).
and 5-6 hours back.

Then the unloading/loading cars which usually takes between 24 and 48 hours due to the amount of cars and the time it takes per car per employee.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag

For starters, it has always been my intention to answer people's questions truthfully and to the best of my knowledge. I am not a TROLL and make my posts for the benefit of others who want my opinion. What I say is based on research from my knowledge and websites, like net.grimadli.co.uk, marinetraffic.com, vesselfinder.com all of which are readily accessible if people want to look/check themselves. I can only use the most up to date information that is available. I will admit that sometimes I do have the urge to speculate but I will not apologize for that.
Now, to your comments. The Grande Houston was, as is MSC IMMACOLATA running behind schedule when I was looking over the weekend. Grimaldi have updated their schedule for GH very recently so what I said earlier has been superceeded by their schedule change. Damned inconsiderate of them. There is no reason why she can't arrive and depart the same day. She could arrive at 0100 and depart at 2355, ie same day. It all depends on what she has to offload and reload. However it doesn't take 2 days to get to Southampton but she could still leave at 2355 22/3 and get to Southampton at 0200 24/3 which is virtually a day. MSC IMMACOLATA, as I said previously, is, AT THE MOMENT, running 3 days behind schedule so if she stays at that level of time delay she will arrive in Antwerp 25th ish. The cars that are on these 2 ships will, as far as we know, be having "additional QC checks" so we cannot now speculate as to what ship they will be leaving on to go to Southampton. Prior to the announcement from last week by my dealer from information from Ford the cars will spend 5 - 10 weeks in Antwerp for these checks, I was speculating that UK cars would move onto Southampton as soon as possible (ie next ship). That, obviously, is not now going to happen so we have no idea when they will be leaving. We will be, once again, at the mercy of Ford.
If you have identified people on this forum who as you say create rumours for themselves or just say things without facts, and you have taken umbridge to this then may I suggest that you use the block/unwatch/ignore features. The are quite useful. FACT. You have been a member on this forum for quite a while so one would assume, as I have, you know whose opinion to trust and whose to ignore.

davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
Hello all,

New to forum - UK carbonised Grey AWD ER on order - I just got a modem activation section added to my 'In Production' order page.

Is this a good sign the vehicle is well on its way?...Or just another step in a long delivery process. Interested to hear if any other UK orders have got this activation message?

Cheers.
Hi and welcome,

I think most of us have had this message over the last few weeks.

Once activated it will show up on your Ford home screen.

I think it could be an indication that your vehicle might be on the way.

You could have picked up a previously cancelled order like I did.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Hi and welcome,

I think most of us have had this message over the last few weeks.

Once activated it will show up on your Ford home screen.

I think it could be an indication that your vehicle might be on the way.

You could have picked up a previously cancelled order like I did.
That's what they would like you to believe ?

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This thread is finely honed now with people who have a certain set of skills. This is thus the go-to place for the best info you'll find if you're a uk customer right now. you can rely on the info you're getting from long term members and if anything changes you will find out on here soon enough.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just received an ‘unprompted’ email from my dealer.

He says my car is due to arrive in Antwerp by the end of this month.

He is aware that extra QC checks will be done.

The latest date for my delivery has now been moved forward to W/E 15/05.

He says that some deliveries could be before that but it is only rumour at present.

I’ll take 15/05 anyway.

Thanks to @Wonky_Donkey and @portlandg for slaying any fears about quality.

@SteveUk I think we will be fine.
Yeah he just emailed me 30mins ago. Cheers! Nice to hear the date hasn't been put back!

Last edited: