makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
For starters, it has always been my intention to answer people's questions truthfully and to the best of my knowledge. I am not a TROLL and make my posts for the benefit of others who want my opinion. What I say is based on research from my knowledge and websites, like net.grimadli.co.uk, marinetraffic.com, vesselfinder.com all of which are readily accessible if people want to look/check themselves. I can only use the most up to date information that is available. I will admit that sometimes I do have the urge to speculate but I will not apologize for that.
Now, to your comments. The Grande Houston was, as is MSC IMMACOLATA running behind schedule when I was looking over the weekend. Grimaldi have updated their schedule for GH very recently so what I said earlier has been superceeded by their schedule change. Damned inconsiderate of them. There is no reason why she can't arrive and depart the same day. She could arrive at 0100 and depart at 2355, ie same day. It all depends on what she has to offload and reload. However it doesn't take 2 days to get to Southampton but she could still leave at 2355 22/3 and get to Southampton at 0200 24/3 which is virtually a day. MSC IMMACOLATA, as I said previously, is, AT THE MOMENT, running 3 days behind schedule so if she stays at that level of time delay she will arrive in Antwerp 25th ish. The cars that are on these 2 ships will, as far as we know, be having "additional QC checks" so we cannot now speculate as to what ship they will be leaving on to go to Southampton. Prior to the announcement from last week by my dealer from information from Ford the cars will spend 5 - 10 weeks in Antwerp for these checks, I was speculating that UK cars would move onto Southampton as soon as possible (ie next ship). That, obviously, is not now going to happen so we have no idea when they will be leaving. We will be, once again, at the mercy of Ford.
If you have identified people on this forum who as you say create rumours for themselves or just say things without facts, and you have taken umbridge to this then may I suggest that you use the block/unwatch/ignore features. The are quite useful. FACT. You have been a member on this forum for quite a while so one would assume, as I have, you know whose opinion to trust and whose to ignore.
I don't look at the forum names that much, just quickly the content...

My dealer said last week that mine left Veracruz, which wasnt the status the week before so mine must be on the MSC IMMACOLATA.
My car has a "delivery to dealer" date of 17-april which means it would there in that week (between 12-april and 17-april). That means if the vessel arrives (as now planned) on 22-march, it will takes 3-4 weeks to my dealer gets the car. which is "a default timeframe" for cars according to my dealer. So it looks like there are no additional checks but no one can verify that within my dealer or by Ford NL.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mjsd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge
Country flag
From the loading dock to open seas (Channel) takes 5-6 hours from Antwerp (i worked for the Dutch Pilots which pilot a third of the ships to Antwerp).
and 5-6 hours back.

Then the unloading/loading cars which usually takes between 24 and 48 hours due to the amount of cars and the time it takes per car per employee.
Ship arrival time is ship tie up at wharf berth, not Pilot on board.

EssexChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER
Country flag
Question: Are the ā€˜In Productionā€™ dates always genuine?

Just thinking, looking at my ā€˜In Productionā€™ date (28/11/20), my VIN No: 041XX and the original order date (06/03/20), I could be getting one of the first RH Driveā€™s off the production line?

Given the problems highlighted in the US I donā€™t know how I feel about that.
Mine also has a production date of 28/11/20 with VIN 041xx so was one of the first.
I picked this up as a cancellation, after seemingly getting no where with my original order.
It is always a bit of a chance you take when getting the first of anything.
I'm hoping that most of the problems which have been highlighted on the US forum will be sorted out by the time we pick our cars up. Something like this is a bit hard to quage regarding percentage of new owners who have got problems.
Only time will tell, and as the ships are bobbing alone the waves, it won't be much longer to wait for some of us.

Dannyboy72

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Grabber blue
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
They need a minimum of 30 orders of a configuration (ie: FE or ER RWD etc) to start a build, as the factory is batch build. My theory is they havenā€™t sold 30 FEā€™s but they have to build them in order to deliver the ones they have sold. So they build 30 and open up the order bank again to try sell the extras they had to build. The timing would back this up, since they all went into production on the 1st March. If they were cancelled orders, youā€™d likely only be able to order one or two that would have been built already. But theyā€™ve been up and available since the 2nd March and both you and I have ordered and you can still order more. Leads me to believe itā€™s not cancellations.
That sounds logical. Thanks for the reply and good luck with your order (my kids were gutted when they thought i couldn't order a grabber blue, so it will be a nice surprise when it comes - if the order works!)

al14

First Name
Alisdair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e RWD extended range
Occupation
Taiji Instructor
Country flag
Mine also has a production date of 28/11/20 with VIN 041xx so was one of the first.
I picked this up as a cancellation, after seemingly getting no where with my original order.
It is always a bit of a chance you take when getting the first of anything.
I'm hoping that most of the problems which have been highlighted on the US forum will be sorted out by the time we pick our cars up. Something like this is a bit hard to quage regarding percentage of new owners who have got problems.
Only time will tell, and as the ships are bobbing alone the waves, it won't be much longer to wait for some of us.
My VIN is 042xx and anticipated delivery date has just gone from 28/5 to 14/6. Bugger!

Machmus

First Name
Magnus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CG Mach-E AWD LR, Seat mii Electric
Country flag
I know this is UK forum, but maybe it can be some sort of help.

My dealer in Norway confirmed today that he could see that my car left Veracruz on a ship 27.02. That leaves me with only one ship, the MSC IMMACOLATA.

They told me I could expect the car delivered early May, or late April if I'm lucky.

In tracker I have build date 28.01.21, shipping 09.02.21, and I had ETA 06.03.21 before it went into the default date.

Cricri67

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME First Edition (cancelled), Ioniq 5 Project 45
Country flag
Same info on the tracker for me.
No info about leaving Veracruz (last Saturday, the car was marked in Veracruz on Vista).
On Vista again, expected delivery at dealer on 24/04. Priority marked AAA, which Iā€™ve been told by the dealer is the highest priority.

Berth48

First Name
Arnauld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Optima hybride rechargeable. MME First Ɖdition
Country flag
[QUOTE = "Machmus, message: 127396, membre: 2949"]
Je sais que c'est un forum britannique, mais peut-ĆŖtre que cela peut ĆŖtre une sorte d'aide.

Mon concessionnaire en NorvĆØge a confirmĆ© aujourd'hui qu'il pouvait voir que ma voiture avait quittĆ© Veracruz sur un bateau le 27.02.2020. Cela me laisse avec un seul navire, le MSC IMMACOLATA.

Ils m'ont dit que je pouvais m'attendre Ơ ce que la voiture soit livrƩe dƩbut mai, ou fin avril si j'avais de la chance.

Dans le tracker, j'ai la date de construction 28.01.21, la livraison le 09.02.21, et j'avais l'ETA 06.03.21 avant qu'il n'entre dans la date par dƩfaut.
[/CITATION]
mes dates sont Ć  peu prĆØs comme vous, sortie de production le 27 janvier, livraison le 5 fĆ©vrier et ETA le 02 mars. mon revendeur m'a dit rĆ©ception le 08 mai, mes doigts croisĆ©s

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Same info on the tracker for me.
No info about leaving Veracruz (last Saturday, the car was marked in Veracruz on Vista).
On Vista again, expected delivery at dealer on 24/04. Priority marked AAA, which Iā€™ve been told by the dealer is the highest priority.
It has been taking about 7 days for vista to be updated. I would expect to hear from my dealer tomorrow. Dealer priority should be 99 which is highest. AAA is global sales type. No idea what that means. You will probably find that everyone has 99. I think the tracker will stay as in transit until delivery.

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
I got a whole host of email updates from my dealer yesterday after an "it's getting close" email from Ford earlier. My only worry is I got them three times including for the orders I've cancelled!!

Nothing of note, just Gap insurance and paint treatments and the such but I assume triggered by and expectation of delivery.

I might have a spare or two in May at this rate.

:)

Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag
I got a whole host of email updates from my dealer yesterday after an "it's getting close" email from Ford earlier. My only worry is I got them three times including for the orders I've cancelled!!

Nothing of note, just Gap insurance and paint treatments and the such but I assume triggered by and expectation of delivery.

Theyā€™re probably just getting in touch with those that have put in fleet orders first....?

Good to see that Ford are still keeping their records up to date as promptly as ever though...

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag

Lucky you. I have just gone through my emails from Ford after a request from Rebecca and the last one I received was on 11 Dec asking me to confirm my order 3 HOURS AFTER I HAD CONFIRMED

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Lucky you. I have just gone through my emails from Ford after a request from Rebecca and the last one I received was on 11 Dec asking me to confirm my order 3 HOURS AFTER I HAD CONFIRMED
Did you not get this one? (attached PDF)

Attachments

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
Did you not get this one? (attached PDF)
No, but I sort of jumped that stage with my order cock up(s)... I am guessing two guys who cancelled their did and my first order isn't even at that stage as yet. So as you said, I'm back where I should be but through a somewhat messy route :rolleyes: .

It shows in Production status on the web site...

You never know, I might have to remove the Corsa as my Avita ?