UK Customers

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Pre-empting any questions this is the latest update from the Grande Houston:-

The current position of GRANDE HOUSTON is at US East Coast (coordinates 41.1494 N / 71.40084 W) reported 17 hours ago by AIS. The Wessel is en-route to the port of Antwerpen, sailing at a speed of 9.3 knots and expected to arrive there on Mar 19, 05:00.
Sponsored

davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
So, when I enter the FordPass and look at the ā€˜digitalā€™ owners manual, Iā€™ve noticed a selection where you can make it ā€˜VIN Specificā€™.

When I select this it (obviously) alters the contents to suit my vehicle.

However, the ā€˜Adaptive Headlightsā€™ are still showing despite the fact that my model should not have them.

Do you think this is:

a) An old specification which has now been deleted and updated;

b) A Ford ā€˜freebieā€™ for early adopters;

c) A Ford error.

Iā€™d welcome any opinions.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
So, when I enter the FordPass and look at the ā€˜digitalā€™ owners manual, Iā€™ve noticed a selection where you can make it ā€˜VIN Specificā€™.

However, the ā€˜Adaptive Headlightsā€™ are still showing despite the fact that my model should not have them.

Do you think this is:

c) A Ford error.

I'm assuming that you have ordered a RWD ER. Back in Feb/Mar last year adaptive headlights were included. A bit later, round about the time Ford dropped the price from Ā£50190 to Ā£49980 to qualify for the PICG the adaptive headlights were taken off the spec sheet. Coincidence?????

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag

Do you think this is:

c) A Ford error.

It was always my understanding that there were supposed to be two distinct headlamp units for the UK market, one which is a "standard" LED, and one that has the Mustang signature three bars and adaptive capabilities. The basic set was on the RWD models, the posh ones on the AWD models.

Initially I know I was very worried on how basic the standard LED lights would actually be having just got rid of a vehicle that had full adaptive LED's.

As far as I can tell the AWD is still the only one to have adaptive capabilities and three stripes, but I think the spec of the basic lights has been uplifted slightly as time has gone on. When the UK spec was dribbling out about a year ago there was no mention of any auto high beam features, but I've heard that this is now a thing on the RWD models.

As with all this stuff - until we get one here nobody knows 100% for sure as Ford like to keep everything so secret!

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I'm assuming that you have ordered a RWD ER. Back in Feb/Mar last year adaptive headlights were included. A bit later, round about the time Ford dropped the price from Ā£50190 to Ā£49980 to qualify for the PICG the adaptive headlights were taken off the spec sheet. Coincidence?????
I had a look back through my archive and I couldn't find any mention of RWD models ever having adaptive capabilities my friend :(

[EDIT - I was wrong! :)]

Last edited:

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
I think we had/have adaptive on our Kugas, the best headlights I've had on a car. It's something I wish they hadn't taken off.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I think we had/have adaptive on our Kugas, the best headlights I've had on a car. It's something I wish they hadn't taken off.
You can't take away what wasn't already there (assuming your ordered RWD) ;) LMAO

[EDIT - I was wrong! :)]

Last edited:

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
And they were also specified on the compare model specs on the website when the car was first released. The tick hand a number underneath which made it virtually impossible to see indicating that it was and RWD ER option only. I would send a photo of that page as well but you can't really see the tick in real life so you certainly wont see it in a picture. Trust me, it was there. Always has been on both variants of the AWD. Give me a little time and I will dig out my email to Rebecca querying it at the time

davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
Thanks all. So itā€™s looking promising!

Thought it would be an unusual mistake considering it is ā€˜VINā€™ specific.

Fingers crossed.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
@portlandg - I am sorry - I stand corrected :)

They did indeed lower the headlight specification when they dropped the price.

You even used my own spreadsheet against me LMAO - cold buddy - cold ? ? ?
Sponsored

Last edited: