Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X1 - MiniCooper - Mach-e RWD ER
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
Turn to the side and cough please.
Just out of interest, according to the ABP web site - Grande Houston is due in Southampton on 23rd March 09:30?

Smoothbond

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD
Country flag
just spoke with my dealer, Gates Stevenage. He didn't even know about the Grant change. As always i'm more informed than he is. He then called me back and said Ford haven't told them anything. He said they're just acting as middlemen, as the sale wasn't made via them but from Ford directly. Any grant applications would have been made by Ford not by them. He has now made an enquiry into Ford and will contact me once he hears anything.

mach-e-2021

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Mach-E AWD SR
Occupation
Telecoms Engineer
Country flag
just spoke with my dealer, Gates Stevenage. He didn't even know about the Grant change. As always i'm more informed than he is. He then called me back and said Ford haven't told them anything. He said they're just acting as middlemen, as the sale wasn't made via them but from Ford directly. Any grant applications would have been made by Ford not by them. He has now made an enquiry into Ford and will contact me once he hears anything.
This whole Ford Online and Dealers playing each other off is the worst customer experience ever.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I think that there has been a right royal cock up with this situation. The PICG portal instructions clearly state that once an order is signed by the customer then the details can be uploaded onto the portal and registered for the grants. Because they appreciate car makers may have long lead times they have 9 months to validate claim. To do this car makers/dealers then need to supply VIN, VRM and other registration details. So, in my mind, as we ordered our cars through Ford and confirmed with Ford I believe that it was Ford's responsibility to ensure that ours cars were uploaded onto the portal at the correct time. OOOOPPPPPSSSS. If they did then some of us are OK and the grant can be applied because it was received before the deadline. If they didn't then someone didn't do their job properly and messed up big time. Either way, it's not our fault so Ford need to sort something out.

Smoothbond

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD
Country flag
I think that there has been a right royal cock up with this situation. The PICG portal instructions clearly state that once an order is signed by the customer then the details can be uploaded onto the portal and registered for the grants. Because they appreciate car makers may have long lead times they have 9 months to validate claim. To do this car makers/dealers then need to supply VIN, VRM and other registration details. So, in my mind, as we ordered our cars through Ford and confirmed with Ford I believe that it was Ford's responsibility to ensure that ours cars were uploaded onto the portal at the correct time. OOOOPPPPPSSSS. If they did then some of us are OK and the grant can be applied because it was received before the deadline. If they didn't then someone didn't do their job properly and messed up big time. Either way, it's not our fault so Ford need to sort something out.
Have you heard that they hadn't uploaded prior orders into the Portal?

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
I have asked that question but we don't know yet. It's on Ford not the dealers to make this work.

I ordered from Ford and the constant buck passing to dealers needs to stop.

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
I have asked that question but we don't know yet. It's on Ford not the dealers to make this work.

I ordered from Ford and the constant buck passing to dealers needs to stop.
they are building the business process on the hoof and we are in the middle of it. This forum even filling many of the gaps. It's a we do this now, now go make it work approach which is always messy.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
they are building the business process on the hoof and we are in the middle of it. This forum even filling many of the gaps. It's a we do this now, now go make it work approach which is always messy.
in our industry we call it 'fire fighting'.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Have you heard that they hadn't uploaded prior orders into the Portal?
No I haven't. I know my dealer didn't do it. He says he didn't have access to the portal. I'm ASSUMING Ford didn't do it because I am sure that if they had we would have had a "Don't panic, you're safe" email by now. The silence is deafening which leads me to believe they are either talking to the Government or thinking of ways to get out of this situation.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think you're probably right Grahame.

The timing was just as the first ships are on route. Just as it was supposed to be the beginning of the end of the drama.

I'd say yesterday was an extremely stressful day for a lot of mache buyers (except Spencer for a change!).

I struggled to do work and prepared emergency back up plans.

My excellent dealer immediately responded but he needs direction from Ford Uk in order to offer any kind of reassurance / resolution.

I think certainly it blindsided all of us/most of the country! And ignited illogical envy about £50k electric cars when you have to go to that level to get a decent range.
Sponsored