UK Customers

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Don't pay it, appeal. There has to be all sorts of signs for "fines" like this. Is it parking eye? I'm still waiting for their testicles to be large enough to follow up their threats to take me to court. From about 3 years ago when we overshot the parking time at a retail car park even though they had signs up and a photo I said the photo could have been taken anywhere and is too poor and the signs weren't clear enough.

There's a section in the forum of moneysavingexpert where you get help. Much better than spending time telling your mp.

Is it a "parking charge" ? If so it appears no signs before you entered were their or weren't clear enough? Do they have photo evidence, if so ask for it? I said the photo wasn't clear enough and invalid as it showed no proof of the location!
Sponsored

Last edited:

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
This sorry tale just got worse. I made a rooky error. Turns out we missed a parking notice in the Newport Holiday Inn Express car park and have just received a £60 fine. Empty car park, no barrier, no signage by the chargepoint that I recall seeing, and nobody from the hotel (looked closed) thought to pop out and tell the only moving thing in the car park that they should register on the machine in the lobby.

We stopped there on the way back too, so I expect this to be 2 x £60 fines by the time the day is out!!

To be honest I'm more disappointed by the fact that the BP Pulse app didn't tell us that we should pop into the hotel and deal with the private parking.

The end result is that I've just wasted 5 minutes of my time lobbying my MP because I think chargers should be more regulated. With so many on private land this is going to turn into a cash cow for dodgy parking companies as it's easy to miss and you get the fine 2 weeks later when you are 150 miles away.....

So, our expensive electric car (Renault Zoe while we wait for the Mustang) has turned out to cost us about £130 on a trip that would have cost £50 in a petrol car.....

Of course, a retrospective look on Zap Map shows lots of comments about the parking charge. We were trying to stick to BP Pulse as members so didn't look at Zap Map, we just used the BP Pulse app!! #minefield

I think I'm done throwing my toys out the pram now. This was my mistake, but the charging networks and their locations shouldn't make this so hard. I've never been hit with a parking fine for filling my car up with petrol......
Don't pay it, appeal. There has to be all sorts of signs for "fines" like this. Is it parking eye? I'm still waiting for their testicles to be large enough to follow up their threats to take me to court. From about 3 years ago when we overshot the parking time at a retail car park even though they had signs up and a photo I said the photo could have been taken anywhere and is too poor and the signs weren't clear enough.

There's a section in the forum of moneysavingexpert where you get help. Much better than spending time telling your mp.

Is it a "parking charge" ? If so it appears no signs before you entered were their or weren't clear enough? Do they have photo evidence, if so ask for it? I said the photo wasn't clear enough and invalid as it showed no proof of the location!
Yes, Appeal it on the basis that it wasn't clear and therefore it cannot have had adequate signage. If there had been of course you would have gone in to the Hotel.

You can argue that you were "Invited" to charge, I think from memory it called and "invitation to treat", and that any conditions applied should have been made at the time. If there was no clear signage specifically at the charge station itself that would help.

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
Check the trip advisor reviews for that hotel, a lot of people have been in your shoes!
Zap Map is a good one for checking real world charging experiences too.

stesir

First Name
Steinar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Mach-E4X, W Mondeo ST AWD
Occupation
Senior Enginer Telecom/development
Country flag
Firmware check procedure 12V fix + update available (NO tread - use Goole translate) :cool:

davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
Yeah I realised after I posted that, that it can't have been warrington! Cheers.

As far as I know, we get an hour and it's the SR version.
According to my understanding we will get ‘driven’ for a 20 minute test drive then about 40 mins talk on the screen, etc.

Don’t know why they are doing it differently? All posts on here seem to be 1 hour unsupervised drive?

Tim03

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - SR RWD - Rapid Red
Country flag
According to my understanding we will get ‘driven’ for a 20 minute test drive then about 40 mins talk on the screen, etc.

Don’t know why they are doing it differently? All posts on here seem to be 1 hour unsupervised drive?
I hope I get an hour by myself with it this weekend!

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
Firmware check procedure 12V fix + update available (NO tread - use Goole translate) :cool:
Interesting mine already has that version number but doesn't show an update;
By the way I found the firmware-update?vin=xxx under https://www.ford.co.uk/owners/vehicle-dashboard

Firmware Update

{"vehicleSyncEquipped":true,
"error":"FlashActionList size is zero in while call the CurrentAndAvailableModules Service ",
"updateType":{"syncUpToDate":true,"consumerSyncUpdateAvailable":false,"dealerSyncUpdateAvailable":false},
"vehicleSyncGenerationStatus":{"vin":"WF0TR1R7XMMxxxxxx",
"message":null,
"genText":"4",
"genId":-1,
"gen11":false,
"syncEquipped":true},
"latestUpdateDate":
"December 08, 2020",
"unconfirmedInstallation":false,
"currentSyncVersion":"SYNC4 v4.0.20301",
"availableDealerUpdates":null,
"availableConsumerUpdateDownload":null,
"isGetInstallPackageService":false,
"firmwareUpdate":null,"
httpStatus":null,
"lastRequested":null}

Mind you... on the web site it says it has been updated and I have a range of 421 Miles!!!

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers Screenshot 2021-04-14 at 10.35.07

Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag
I didn't think they could drive us due to social distancing?
That was my thoughts. My dealer has confirmed it will be an hour unsupervised with the car. Don’t know if the rules are different here in Scotland though.

They’re treating it the same as hiring the car for an hour.

Tim03

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - SR RWD - Rapid Red
Country flag
That was my thoughts. My dealer has confirmed it will be an hour unsupervised with the car. Don’t know if the rules are different here in Scotland though.

They’re treating it the same as hiring the car for an hour.
Brilliant, thank you.

stesir

First Name
Steinar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Mach-E4X, W Mondeo ST AWD
Occupation
Senior Enginer Telecom/development
Country flag
By the way I found the firmware-update?vin=xxx under https://www.ford.co.uk/owners/vehicle-dashboard

Firmware Update

"error":"FlashActionList size is zero in while call the CurrentAndAvailableModules Service ",
"updateType":{"syncUpToDate":true,"consumerSyncUpdateAvailable":false,"dealerSyncUpdateAvailable":false},
"latestUpdateDate":
"December 08, 2020",

Mind you... on the web site it says it has been updated and I have a range of 421 Miles!!!

Screenshot 2021-04-14 at 10.35.07.png
interesting my does not show range, or software in the GUI, but 0 recals.
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 1618393706196

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 1618393748858

Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag

Firmware Update

"latestUpdateDate":
"December 08, 2020",

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 1618393748858
Thanks for the tip! I found my details on the same page. ?

My details seems to show the same as yours although my update Date is December 10, 2020.

I don’t have the charge level or the software updates boxes on my dashboard though just the Remote Vehicle setup. ?

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
interesting my does not show range, or software in the GUI, but 0 recals.
1618393706196.png

1618393748858.png
That's strange, but might take time to update. I think the "https://www.ford.co.uk/owners/vehicle-dashboard" site is out of date as it shows my mileage at 18 but after yesterday's movement it is showing 19 on the App.

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers Screenshot 2021-04-14 at 10.56.09

Interesting I found -
CONNECTED NAVIGATION
Trial Expiration Date
12/04/2026
Sponsored