PMAWB

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD
Country flag
You signed up at .12p a mile - did you sign anything at that point? Have proof?
Yes, it still shows it on the "manage your order" page when I log onto the Ford website.

Screenshot_20210417-121733_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored

Hotspur28

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Had my test drive and good news should be fine to get up my drive. The front bumper clearance is 210mm. One view from front and then by nearside tyre. The bumper standoff is vs my 2017 Mercedes c class so gives another comparison. The lowest point I measured is as previously shown and as per official dimensions 147mm which I measured at nearside front passenger door. Width including mirrors is 83 inches (2110mm).
Further to this I loved the car in person but I maybe a little controversial here and say I was not totally convinced by the drive. Its quick for sure and I took it on 30,40,50 and 70mph roads. I found the 40 and 50 roads the ride was incredibly bouncy compared to my Mercedes I get what some of the USA customers have said. It just really exaggerates everything in not a firm way but like an extended flowing bounce. Hard to explain but I found it off putting to the point where I will be asking for an extended test drive when my car does arrive. It may well have been the modes I drove in according to the Mach E expert on hand as he said it should be firmer in untamed. I tried all modes and cannot recall what I had it in to be fair. The tech will also take some getting used to and one pedal added to the juddering bouncy drive as boy is it harsh. But this can be turned off and it does change to a normal feeling ice coming to a stop with it off. I do not unnecessaryily dislike the one pedal I think it will just take some getting used to. Don't jump on me too much for my view but coming from the Mercedes it was not quite the drive I was expecting but hope it definitely will with an extended drive in May??

EssexChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER
Country flag
Further to this I loved the car in person but I maybe a little controversial here and say I was not totally convinced by the drive. Its quick for sure and I took it on 30,40,50 and 70mph roads. I found the 40 and 50 roads the ride was incredibly bouncy compared to my Mercedes I get what some of the USA customers have said. It just really exaggerates everything in not a firm way but like an extended flowing bounce. Hard to explain but I found it off putting to the point where I will be asking for an extended test drive when my car does arrive. It may well have been the modes I drove in according to the Mach E expert on hand as he said it should be firmer in untamed. I tried all modes and cannot recall what I had it in to be fair. The tech will also take some getting used to and one pedal added to the juddering bouncy drive as boy is it harsh. But this can be turned off and it does change to a normal feeling ice coming to a stop with it off. I do not unnecessaryily dislike the one pedal I think it will just take some getting used to. Don't jump on me too much for my view but coming from the Mercedes it was not quite the drive I was expecting but hope it definitely will with an extended drive in May??
Well at least it passed the drive way test.
As for your drive, could be comparing to your Merc, wasn't as favourable.
I presently have a X Trail, and Mach e way better than that. I kept changing the modes to the point where not sure which one I was in. Yes the one peddle is harsh and initially I was coming to a stop way before needed to, but as I said by the time drive was finished I was much more comfortable with it.
Only you can decide whether to continue with purchase. As it stands I will, but you never know the extended drive on mine and I might change mind.

Hotspur28

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Well at least it passed the drive way test.
As for your drive, could be comparing to your Merc, wasn't as favourable.
I presently have a X Trail, and Mach e way better than that. I kept changing the modes to the point where not sure which one I was in. Yes the one peddle is harsh and initially I was coming to a stop way before needed to, but as I said by the time drive was finished I was much more comfortable with it.
Only you can decide whether to continue with purchase. As it stands I will, but you never know the extended drive on mine and I might change mind.
Spooky had an X Trail for 10+ years whilst the kids were growing up. Actually loved that car changeable 2wd to AWD loads of room and just a good reliable family car. Never had any problems with it but change to the Merc was definitely a step up in a different way with it being a saloon. I am not giving up on the Mach E I just think there is so much to take in with all the tech, one pedal, driving modes, charging etc. And for me it is the most I have spent on a car so do not want to regret it ?.

Hotspur28

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Looks like 8inches rather than 6 ?
Yes just over 8 inches front bumper clearance but does go down to the 6 inches where it joins the main frame which as we know house the batteries.

Last edited:

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Yes just over 8 inches front bumper clearance but does go down to the 6 inches where it joins the main frame which as we know house the batteries.
Sounds like a good result for you.

It has been one of my main concerns as the roads here connecting with Altrincham are country roads with pot holes that are shocking.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
I don't know your situation re price but ...

If you don't have that £3k discount then that would make me think the price of the car and the bounce means it's not worth it.

I believe the bounce is partly down to battery weight?

Hotspur28

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I don't know your situation re price but ...

If you don't have that £3k discount then that would make me think the price of the car and the bounce means it's not worth it.

I believe the bounce is partly down to battery weight?
Yes pleased about the clearance Steve always thought the front looked higher so that gets over that issue thankfully. I have got the 3k PICG so fine with that and I have a black er rwd on order due 13th May. Think the issue is just getting straight out of the merc and into the Mach E as the drive is so different. As I said I do want it to work as I love the look of the car and love the tech (if works) so hope an extended drive will mean I get used to how it drives?

Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag
Just back from my test drive and the dealer managed to arrange it so I got a go in the model that I’m going to be getting (SR AWD).
Was a bit apprehensive as this was my first EV but I shouldn’t have been worried.
I loved the OPD and thought it would be harsh and take a bit of getting used to but after a minute it was second nature and was genuinely surprised at how smooth it was. Tried it in the 3 drive modes and felt good in each.
Thought acceleration was fine at first and then put my foot down a bit further and then it was.....?!

Coming from my Focus the ride is firm but assured on roads than were not exactly perfect.

Good to see that there was a Rapid Red car on display as well and that put my mind at ease about the colour.

My wife is sold on it as well which is always a bonus!?

Roll on next month!???

40AD85BC-650C-4DF9-9D9F-7FDF4579DE38.jpeg

Hotspur28

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Wow had the test drive come home and my Ford account has changed now showing its produced and on its way. Only 2 months after it left Veracruz ?. They must have been doing an update as my PICG is now showing again. Anyone else had any changes?

Screenshot_20210417-161630_Chrome.jpg

EssexChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER
Country flag
Wow had the test drive come home and my Ford account has changed now showing its produced and on its way. Only 2 months after it left Veracruz ?. They must have been doing an update as my PICG is now showing again. Anyone else had any changes?

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers Screenshot_20210417-161630_Chrome
Mine has also changed. Same as yours. The £3000 grant isn't showing, but finance still the same. OTR £46980.