UK Customers

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
I know Steve, that's why i said "Again"

Ford have gone for fancy electronic door latches which lock you out if the 12v battery is flat but don't put in a powered boot!

it's all about marketing, they know what is needed to get you to pay £37 when the £3k grant was in place.
Sponsored

Tim03

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - SR RWD - Rapid Red
Country flag
My car is showing in transit with a shipment date of 4th May? @portlandg any ideas? I thought the first ship was next Sunday? Or is this just me getting excited for nothing?

BlackheathDiggs

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER (Black)
Country flag
My car is showing in transit with a shipment date of 4th May? @portlandg any ideas? I thought the first ship was next Sunday? Or is this just me getting excited for nothing?
That will be your departure from the plant - still needs to get to the port ahead of the ship. Good progress though!

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Shipped date is usually the date it gets loaded onto the train at the plant for it's journey to the port. In transit usually means that the train has left the plant. The next scheduled ship departure now looks like it is 17/5

BazzaFFC

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E RWD LR
Country flag
Shipped date is usually the date it gets loaded onto the train at the plant for it's journey to the port. In transit usually means that the train has left the plant. The next scheduled ship departure now looks like it is 17/5
Yes what I have noticed (to the ones that can get the info from F12 method) is it says this to start

"gobStatusDesc":"SentToPlant"

Which then changes to

"gobStatusDesc":"AtPort"

Tim03

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for your help everyone, at least it’s starting it’s journey! That’s a shame the ship has moved to 17th!

Dudd

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Zoe & Pre-ordered Mach E
Country flag
So, according to Money Saving Expert car insurance goes up unless you buy it about 3 weeks in advance. Some of us are expecting a car in about 4 weeks or so, but it could slip, or it could arrive even sooner. The difference in insurance price could be significant i.e. 2-300 more if left, but none of us want to pay to insure a car we don't have yet.

Is anyone planning on buying car insurance before they have a solid collection date..?

Tim03

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry, another quick one, what’s the status once it’s on the ship?

mach-e-2021

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Mach-E AWD SR
Occupation
Telecoms Engineer
Country flag
So, according to Money Saving Expert car insurance goes up unless you buy it about 3 weeks in advance. Some of us are expecting a car in about 4 weeks or so, but it could slip, or it could arrive even sooner. The difference in insurance price could be significant i.e. 2-300 more if left, but none of us want to pay to insure a car we don't have yet.

Is anyone planning on buying car insurance before they have a solid collection date..?
How can you without a VRM?

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD, Volvo XC90, Ducati Scrambler 1100
Country flag
You can get a quote using just make and model, and then the quote will be valid for X number of days, as long as your car arrives and is registered by then you notify the insurer and the price is locked in. If it takes longer then you would lose the quote and start again.

I too have heard that anecdotally it is cheaper to get a quote about 21 days before policy start, and also cheaper if you do it on a tuesday!!! :confused:

Andeh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1926 Chrysler 60, 1929 Austin 7, 1965 Ford Anglia
Country flag
Just call them up and they can insure it based on the VIN. It's fairly common practice for new vehicles, imports, classics which haven't been registered yet etc. You just give them the VRM once you have it.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
On the bright side @rmibou on the French thread, who like @jongodfrey managed to activate his car, reports that his car has arrived in France!
Just reinforced my theory that we are at the back of the queue for deliveries.
Sponsored