Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
Another 300 miles today, still a joy to drive and when I get there somebody invariably says “oooh, nice car” of course they do because it’s drop-dead gorgeous and has those historic design features of a car made by somebody with a classic motoring heritage. And no moron asks anymore “is it a Jaguar” or “Is it a Tesla” Me rear tyres are nearly worn out again, though, my second set in 47k! Still on first pair of fronts. Long time since I had a RWD, not used to ripping rear tyres, since the 2.0E Cortina😂 The beach buggy after that don’t really count because its rear tyres were a mile wide and just wouldn’t wear out!!
Yes, I find it a joy to drive also. It's just the nagging doubt everytime I go out... 🤔 Someone did say to me "That's a cool Ferrari." i didn't have the heart to correct him (estimated 7 year old). His Dad agreed with him.:)
Sponsored

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Yes, I find it a joy to drive also. It's just the nagging doubt everytime I go out... 🤔 Someone did say to me "That's a cool Ferrari." i didn't have the heart to correct him (estimated 7 year old). His Dad agreed with him.:)
It’s got a horse on it, understandable 😂😂

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
I can’t stand Musk, but as a software designer myself their hardware + software integration is years ahead of Ford which makes it quite tempting. FordPass is just awful, and the in car UI can be frustrating and laggy.

Not much savings though with current APR if you want a comparable long range car such as the Y perf or long range, well unless you have a big down payment or cash.

They are everywhere as well, at least the MachE looks great, and is pretty rare. Only seen a couple round near me vs every other electric car being a Tesla. The new prices on the MachE are crazy though, I would never pay that now, def look at the Korean brands.
I used Tesla’s calculator to price up a MYLR + enhanced auto pilot and the monthly comes to about £50 more than what I am currently paying and that’s despite my buying in MME in Sept 21.

no savings for sure but no great loss either. The challenge will be to sell the MME at a good price if I really want to do this.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I used Tesla’s calculator to price up a MYLR + enhanced auto pilot and the monthly comes to about £50 more than what I am currently paying and that’s despite my buying in MME in Sept 21.

no savings for sure but no great loss either. The challenge will be to sell the MME at a good price if I really want to do this.
What you have failed to factor in is that Tesla's are insurance group 50 whereas the MME is 37 (ER RWD) so you will be paying a lot more for your insurance. The saving there is quite considerable. Unless of course you have it as a company car and don't pay the insurance.
Also, have you seen this?
Tesla turmoil as price cuts cause finance costs to leap 57% in a day (electrifying.com)

Last edited:

g8mb1t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Country flag
Tesla's are plentiful these days and the MMEs design is far more to my liking. On the tech side, just can't get behind the fact that all radar was removed from them and their cars for now only rely on cameras, dont have the trust in cameras when it comes to safety in bad light conditions. Musk said it was far easier to code for one system(vision, using deeplearning with CNN models) vs having to switch between both, camera hardware has hard limitations and I prefer hard data vs inferred data based on a pixel saying its an object. Much prefer the direction of volvo with the ex90 and its lidar monitoring system.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD ER
Country flag
So how many are tempted by Model Y price drop? My MME hasn’t had any problems so far but I am increasingly convinced that I will swap it for another EV at the end of my lease.

reason being I think there are better value EVs out there.
I’d genuinely rather stick pins in my eyes than give that awful c word a penny for his pritt sticked together cars.

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What you have failed to factor in is that Tesla's are insurance group 50 whereas the MME is 37 (ER RWD) so you will be paying a lot more for your insurance. The saving there is quite considerable. Unless of course you have it as a company car and don't pay the insurance.
Also, have you seen this?
Tesla turmoil as price cuts cause finance costs to leap 57% in a day (electrifying.com)
yeah, i am unlikely to do anything. my general gripe is that at today's price point, i don't think the MME is as much value as the competition. those of us who bought in 2021 and very early 2022 got very lucky.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Well this is an interesting one. I have the car set to charge to 50% at home via the car/app using the variopower charger. It is charged to 100% (did it Friday) as it was the wife's birthday and we were going to go out for the day on Saturday. I wasn't feeling very well so we didn't go in the end. Car is still at 100% and I have just plugged it in ready for a set departure time of 0715 tomorrow. Car is "charging" and won't stop via app. Absolutely love my MME but it can be very "trying" at times
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers Screenshot_20230122_122844_FordPass

davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
yeah, i am unlikely to do anything. my general gripe is that at today's price point, i don't think the MME is as much value as the competition. those of us who bought in 2021 and very early 2022 got very lucky.
It’s all a bit ‘smoke and mirrors’ with other brands.

The Mach E, with the Tech Pack, has all the extras you need in a car.

It is capable, in the future, of total autonomous driving.

Look at the competition and the ‘base price’ looks inviting.

Look closer and you find it only has sensors and it doesn’t have cameras, folding door mirrors or an automatic tailgate, or heated seats and steering wheel, or electronically adjustable drivers and passenger seats or panoramic roof, or…..,

Once you add this on you are very quickly coming to a similar OTR price than the Mach E.

Oh, and then you realise they only offer reversing cameras and not the full 360o cameras.

This means, even when the technology is available, you will never have a car capable of autonomous driving.

Finally, you look at the dimensions and realise that most other EV’s won’t fit in the garage! 🤣🤣 👍🏻

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Well this is an interesting one. I have the car set to charge to 50% at home via the car/app using the variopower charger. It is charged to 100% (did it Friday) as it was the wife's birthday and we were going to go out for the day on Saturday. I wasn't feeling very well so we didn't go in the end. Car is still at 100% and I have just plugged it in ready for a set departure time of 0715 tomorrow. Car is "charging" and won't stop via app. Absolutely love my MME but it can be very "trying" at times
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers Screenshot_20230122_122844_FordPass
It’s Tesco shopping trolley syndrome, the MMEs do what they want when they want, they go where they want and if I could get 349 range if that’s a true range I’d never complain about my trolley ever again 😂

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Aha! Ordered mine March ‘20, bought it June ‘21 and Ford gave me the 3k that BoJo the lying clown took from me😂 At 47,165 miles it still “books” at £44,150 retail & £40,380 trade-in value so still can’t put it on my motor trade insurance I need to examine, move & road test vehicles to save c£1,600pa on separate insurance policy until it’s trade value drops to £35k 🙄

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Let me know how you get on, mine were fine until the tyre change but I've checked and there is no scoring or anything.... just one of those things. the joys of Mach E ownership, you never know what's going to pop up or disappear.. Today my Navigation thought I was in Wales, even showed me driving along non-existent roads in Brecon!
Well, just had the wheels off to move the tyres around as tread on 2nd set of rears is down to 2.55mm (c83% worn) whilst original fronts are still at 4.13mm (c47% worn) at 47,166 miles which I think is pretty good going. I run the tyres at 36psi front and 49psi rear mostly fully loaded. I use OPD all the time, barely touch the brakes, occasionally accelerate hard but as a Class1 HGV, full bus and advanced driving licence holder I like to think I drive fairly sympathetically to the car. Measured the brake discs & pad friction linings all around which are barely worn at all but the left rear disc (photographed) is probably the reason for the grinding sound, and the shadow of the pads, moreso on that disc but also to lesser extent on other discs, may explain the slight judder I feel when I do brake. The cause, I think, is that when the car and in particular the wheels are washed and car isn’t used for a while afterwards pads stick to discs. I cleaned up the corroding left rear disc and tomorrow’s world tour will indicate if this made any difference if only alleviating the grating noise. On the whole, the car just don’t seem to wear very much so I may just run it into the ground or until the range is no longer good enough!

70D2D9AF-F767-4233-AB6F-53DB83B1AE4B.jpeg

E26A50F6-CCD1-4E93-BAAD-2EC6A0F284DF.jpeg

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Well, just had the wheels off to move the tyres around as tread on 2nd set of rears is down to 2.55mm (c83% worn) whilst original fronts are still at 4.13mm (c47% worn) at 47,166 miles which I think is pretty good going. I run the tyres at 36psi front and 49psi rear mostly fully loaded. I use OPD all the time, barely touch the brakes, occasionally accelerate hard but as a Class1 HGV, full bus and advanced driving licence holder I like to think I drive fairly sympathetically to the car. Measured the brake discs & pad friction linings all around which are barely worn at all but the left rear disc (photographed) is probably the reason for the grinding sound, and the shadow of the pads, moreso on that disc but also to lesser extent on other discs, may explain the slight judder I feel when I do brake. The cause, I think, is that when the car and in particular the wheels are washed and car isn’t used for a while afterwards pads stick to discs. I cleaned up the corroding left rear disc and tomorrow’s world tour will indicate if this made any difference if only alleviating the grating noise. On the whole, the car just don’t seem to wear very much so I may just run it into the ground or until the range is no longer good enough!

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers E26A50F6-CCD1-4E93-BAAD-2EC6A0F284DF

It’s interesting to note that Manufacturers are returning to drum brake technology!!! Probably to eliminate the problems which newly developing ways we use a whole different generation of cars…….unintended consequences of new, better design brings a whole new range of unintended consequences🤷🏼‍♂️

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Wow 49 psi! Does it bounce at that pressure?