Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Just added my VIN to my Ford account and the website comes up with the following description

2021 Mustang Mach-E (2021) LUCID RED TC/RED CARPET TC

Little bit concerned by the red carpet element. Anyone else get this?

Can’t get the image of a boudoir out of my head...
Mines the same - don’t worry no pimp mobile red carpet on it way ?

Its just another name for Rapid Red... see colour guide below...
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 49FFFE26-52E4-4F95-9AA1-85FA7717C206
Sponsored

Last edited:

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag

Tim03

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - SR RWD - Rapid Red
Country flag
Does anyone know yet if the ‘frunk’ has a button on the fob or if it is a Handle in the front. Hopefully a button for easy access.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Does anyone know yet if the ‘frunk’ has a button on the fob or if it is a Handle in the front. Hopefully a button for easy access.
The manual states there is a button on the remote, and a pull latch in the car.

As far as we know only the pull latch will work at time of delivery, but it has been hinted that the remote latch, and an on screen option may be added in future software updates.

Tim03

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - SR RWD - Rapid Red
Country flag

As far as we know only the pull latch will work at time of delivery, but it has been hinted that the remote latch, and an on screen option may be added in future software updates.
Fantastic, thanks Wonky! that’ll make it more usable. I’ll prob keep the charging cables in there for easy access.

Mjsd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge
Country flag
Probably is stupid question but is there any settings in the car to reduce charging speed? For example to plug in 22KW charger and setup to charge at 7KW.

Rod m

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan leaf
Country flag
Does anyone know if the charge point is going to be on the left the same as the American ones or on the right for right hand drive, seem to recall hearing it’s on the drivers side??

Mjsd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge
Country flag
Does anyone know if the charge point is going to be on the left the same as the American ones or on the right for right hand drive, seem to recall hearing it’s on the drivers side??
Yes it’s on the left. See the pic on previous post!

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Probably is stupid question but is there any settings in the car to reduce charging speed? For example to plug in 22KW charger and setup to charge at 7KW.
The maximum AC charge rate is limited to 11kwh by the car's onboard capabilities. If you plug in a 22kwh charger the car will only accept 11 kwh. I don't understand why you would want to limit this any further. If you use a 22kwh for an hour you would get 11kw of power. If you reduced the charge rate to 7kw you would have 4kw less in the same hour.

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
The maximum AC charge rate is limited to 11kwh by the car's onboard capabilities. If you plug in a 22kwh charger the car will only accept 11 kwh. I don't understand why you would want to limit this any further. If you use a 22kwh for an hour you would get 11kw of power. If you reduced the charge rate to 7kw you would have 4kw less in the same hour.
Maybe het wants to cook his dinner on the induction plate at the same time and don't want to trip the circuit breaker?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag

Although the manual says that the fob has a button for the frunk I have watched the Town & County review on Youtube and he says that there is NOT a button for the frunk. Admittingly this could just be an US thing.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Maybe het wants to cook his dinner on the induction plate at the same time and don't want to trip the circuit breaker?
Very unlikely that you can charge at 22kw at home. You need 3 phase to do 11kw which the majority of domestic properties don't have. And anyway, the car charger should be on it's own dedicated circuit so tripping the breaker shouldn't be an issue. I am sure that if there is a qualified electrician out there they will correct me if I am wrong.

BlackheathDiggs

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER (Black)
Country flag
Some uk pic:

I'm glad to see in this RHD version that they've also adapted the layout of the main display screen. The car icon (top right hand corner) is the button for adjusting vehicles settings (eg drive modes) and on US versions this button was on the left hand side (closest to the driver). I was worried they wouldn't adjust this for RHD vehicles, and it would be an awkward reach across the screen, but looks like they've thought of that! Phew!
Sponsored