grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
A little concerned that our US friends seem to be experiencing 12v battery issues. Already have had reports of their cars losing charge and having to use the emergency bonnet opening feature to get to the battery to boost it. I did think of getting little booster power pack just in case but if I keep it in the car and can't open the doors because the battery is flat then there is no point. Hopefully the Ford breakdown cover will extend to this side of life as well. Worth checking with your dealer me thinks. Not good that this is happening after only a couple of weeks. I thought the HV battery was supposed to monitor the 12v battery and keep it topped up. Ooooppppsssss
Sponsored

RegP

First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, AWD, Std
Country flag
A little concerned that our US friends seem to be experiencing 12v battery issues. Already have had reports of their cars losing charge and having to use the emergency bonnet opening feature to get to the battery to boost it. I did think of getting little booster power pack just in case but if I keep it in the car and can't open the doors because the battery is flat then there is no point. Hopefully the Ford breakdown cover will extend to this side of life as well. Worth checking with your dealer me thinks. Not good that this is happening after only a couple of weeks. I thought the HV battery was supposed to monitor the 12v battery and keep it topped up. Ooooppppsssss
Iā€™m pretty shocked, and a little worried, about the amount of issues overall. Not many people on the forum who havenā€™t had some sort of issue, and quite a few of them have been pretty major issues.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Iā€™m pretty shocked, and a little worried, about the amount of issues overall. Not many people on the forum who havenā€™t had some sort of issue, and quite a few of them have been pretty major issues.
As I said in a post ages ago, one good thing about our cars being delivered so long after the US ones is that these issues come to light and hopefully can have an easy fix. They have the 3 week cruise to figure it out.

RegP

First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, AWD, Std
Country flag
As I said in a post ages ago, one good thing about our cars being delivered so long after the US ones is that these issues come to light and hopefully can have an easy fix. They have the 3 week cruise to figure it out.
Yes mate, fingers crossed! To be fair, looks like many are temperature related, it ā€˜ainā€™t that cold here!

Mjsd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge
Country flag
The maximum AC charge rate is limited to 11kwh by the car's onboard capabilities. If you plug in a 22kwh charger the car will only accept 11 kwh. I don't understand why you would want to limit this any further. If you use a 22kwh for an hour you would get 11kw of power. If you reduced the charge rate to 7kw you would have 4kw less in the same hour.
What I read is slower charge better battery save. I want to install 22KW charger at work but when Iā€™m there for all day to charge slowly and save the battery. When Iā€™m there only for few hours to charge fast.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
What I read is slower charge better battery save. I want to install 22KW charger at work but when Iā€™m there for all day to charge slowly and save the battery. When Iā€™m there only for few hours to charge fast.
The way I understand it is that when charging on AC the speed is not really a concern. It is only recommended not to 100% regularly. Too many fast DC charges is more of an issue. I am sure the more experienced EV owners on here (@Wonky_Donkey ) will correct me if I am wrong, seeing that I am a newbie at all this.

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
Very unlikely that you can charge at 22kw at home. You need 3 phase to do 11kw which the majority of domestic properties don't have. And anyway, the car charger should be on it's own dedicated circuit so tripping the breaker shouldn't be an issue. I am sure that if there is a qualified electrician out there they will correct me if I am wrong.
Yes, I understand what you mean, I have 3 phase and a dedicated circuit for the charger but am still afread I might trip the main circuit breaker and the energy company has to come to fix this at high cost for me...(max is 3 x 25amp)

I have a water/water heatpump to warm the house and induction cookingplate and use a lot of electricity at the same time and a woodworking workspace (hobby) with all 3 phase machines?

Last edited:

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
It is better to charge at 11kW, and when needed at 22kW correct!

Oops, as stated below, 11kW is the max AC...(thanks @portlandg )

Last edited:

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
It is better to charge at 11kW, and when needed at 22kW correct!
The car won't charge at 22kw AC. It is limited to 11kw due to the onboard charger/converter

Iwantonenow

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e (currently have ioniq)
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
Thanks that my exact spec and colour!
Which spec is this? This is my colour and I love it! Do you think they might want to give it to me now so I don't have to wait any longer?
Where is this car? I want to see it in the flesh!

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD, Volvo XC90, Ducati Scrambler 1100
Country flag
Which spec is this? This is my colour and I love it! Do you think they might want to give it to me now so I don't have to wait any longer?
Where is this car? I want to see it in the flesh!
We have the same one on order! It's the space white RWD standard range.

I know how you feel. Just sent this to my wife (it's going to be her car) and we are definitely chuffed we made the right colour choice

Iwantonenow

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e (currently have ioniq)
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
Ooooh that's my car! I love it. Where is it? How do you know it is the SR and RWD version? Can you tell by looking at it?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Ooooh that's my car! I love it. Where is it? How do you know it is the SR and RWD version? Can you tell by looking at it?
The MachE sign on the door is the give away. No number 4 or X. And the moustache is the RWD one.
Sponsored