First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Are there many of us left?
LMAO - After the last email from Ford (I didn’t get that one either - but it’s now being investigated) lots of people seem to have dropped out of reservations.

I think I’ll be here to the bitter end - although I must admit I’ve been looking at other cars the last few days just to see what’s about.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
I managed to get my order changed back to the AWD ER... I'm not planning on cancelling, however I am curious to see when the GT will hit the UK and what it's cost will be. If it's 4k more, which seems to be the pricing in North America, and the wait is until summer next year, I may very well wait it out.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
LMAO - After the last email from Ford (I didn’t get that one either - but it’s now being investigated) lots of people seem to have dropped out of reservations.

I think I’ll be here to the bitter end - although I must admit I’ve been looking at other cars the last few days just to see what’s about.
As I said a few posts ago I had ordered a Peugeot e2008 but that was only because it was the only ev suitable for all my needs at that time. Then along came the MME and after seeing it in the flesh I realised that it was what I wanted and needed. I haven't seen anything remotely comparable lately within my price range so I am here until the end. My current car is all paid up so I am not worried about any balloon payment date. My only deadline is 31 March. Service/MOT/Tax all due for another year. Besides I am a Ford owner, have been for 30 years and don't want to leave the brand

PaulD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Jaguar XK, Peugeot Bipper Tepee
Occupation
Semi retired management consultant
Country flag
Still some of us left.
I am in for the long haul. The recent awful situation has effected others to a far greater extent than me. My wife, myself and family are healthy and thankfully financially secure. Many have been hit by job loss, furlough or worse.
The catastrophic event has made me reconsider priorities. I am certainly appreciating more, what I have, health, family and friends, home, garden and the natural world. However it also has made me want to grasp pleasures and opportunities as soon as I can and not wait not knowing what the future holds.
For me that means travel, spoiling ourselves - new cars/toys - home and hobbies.
So I shall get a star white RWD ER as soon as I can. (I did not get the email, but was told I would, but later as I pre-ordered in Jan) I expect this to be feb/march next year. I have a pre-order on an VW ID3 first edition but will cancel as the MMe size suits me better and excites me more. I have considered the XC40 (too expensive even for my new pleasure grabbing mentality) and possibly the ID4 but that would involve an even longer wait. I am not selling a car so the wait is not a major issue, I would like it sooner but with all that has happened it seems churlish to gripe in any way.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Well I'm glad to have you all still here. ?

I'm also kinda fortunate - my PCP on my existing PHEV isn't due to finish until August 2021, so I can also play the waiting game.

I've been a loyal Toyota buyer for the last 15 years, with a new one every 18 months (PCP), but what has made me jump ship has been Toyota's stubbornness in breaking into the full EV market, and still pushing Hydrogen as the future solution.

It's been hugely frustrating, especially as they had a head start on so may other manufacturers with the Hybrid technology all those years ago. Toyota's loss is Ford's gain I guess.

Up until the Mach-E there had just been nothing that made me sit up and take notice. With all the other options it's either a great exterior, but dreadful internal design, or vice versa. I loved the externals of the Hyundai Kona Electric and the Peugeot e2008, but the interiors just don't do it for me.

As for the Tesla options - I had one as an extended hire car last year. While I liked it a lot it had one major issue - I <edit> banged <\edit> the side of my head on the door frame every time I got in it. I thought I'm not spending all this money on a car that's going to give me brain damage!

Here's to the long wait..... ?

Last edited:

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Sorry - that was a very British slang phrase to use LOL

Didn't know the Model 3's had that - it might have helped - but I'm quite tall and it's a problem I have with a few manufacturer's vehicles (Volvo being the absolute worst for low door frames)

I'd probably consider a Model Y - but we're not getting those in the UK any time soon. I'd end up waiting even longer than the Mach-E ?

Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I twatted the side of my head on the door frame every time I got in it. I thought I'm not spending all this money on a car that's going to give me brain damage!
Two things:
  1. Maybe that's where the rabid fanboys come from - brain damage
  2. Are you sure you meant to use the word you did to describe what you do to the side of your head on the door frame?

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Apology all - I’ve just done an Urban dictionary search on the term I used earlier and it means something waaaaay different in USA ?

Let’s just change that to “I banged my head” on the door frame eh??

ccarpen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I Pace
Country flag
I'm still here too, but must admit I'm close to cancelling my MME reservation. My current lease expires late this year, so the delayed MME delivery doesn't work for me, unless Jaguar agree to an extension.

There are a number of compelling EVs being launched next year, but the MME no longer has the advantage of dovetailing with my current lease. Will probably end up going for a short-term option (e.g. buy used EV), with various options open to me afterwards. This includes the Fisker Ocean that I also have a reservation for.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
My current lease expires late this year, so the delayed MME delivery doesn't work for me, unless Jaguar agree to an extension.
I was expecting the same issue with my current lease... it's up in December... however I enquired around a temporary extension, that they are pretty chilled about extending it for as many months as needs be, no extra costs either... they said to just get in touch a month or two before the lease expires. It is with Mazda though. Jag may be different... however, I did a 3 month extension with Audi on my previous lease and it was the same thing. They were very happy to extend it for me for 3 months.

Mjsd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge
Country flag
This is my case to. I decided for MME because my lease ends in November, and I think that this is the best option to replace my car. I'm not sure any more. If I need to pay more I will think about something else. Don't understand me wrong, I like this car a lot but is just what I need to pay before I will get it.
Sponsored