Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e (currently have ioniq)
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
What about putting our names down in an Excel sheet and send it in an email with a nice text explaining our frustration/disappointment as a group of buyers and send it to a few EV car magazines ?? would it be a good idea ? A Ford wakeup call instead ?
I think a very good idea. I'm in. I suggested similar a little while ago.
Sponsored

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
I will have to pay my charger grant if it doesn’t arrive in the next month. I installed before the original date I was told and you only have 90 days to send in final information.
I only needed the signed order form to get the grant.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A lot more effective if you got a story that a motoring journalist has any interest in.

Or a programme like ripoffbritian or watchdog.

Petitions are easy to bury.

Unfortunately due to the price we're seen as wealthy car buyers so are unlikey to have many people who would give a toss right now.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For instance, take a look at trust pilot and their reviews for Ford. No one cares!

"
I ordered a Ford Kuga PHEV last July - I still do not have a delivery date or even a possible month (or year) to aim for.
I was not informed that there was any problems with the type of car ordered, found out through an online search, all I am told is that they are awaiting updates about the safety recall.
Ford's arrogance that they can simply take your order and not fulfil it within 10 months with no communication throughout is astounding.
Mistake made, lesson learnt - never buy a Ford again."

That's the one where the battery had a few issues!

Guybrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME RWD ER, Kawasaki ER6N, '15 e-Golf
Country flag
What about putting our names down in an Excel sheet and send it in an email with a nice text explaining our frustration/disappointment as a group of buyers and send it to a few EV car magazines ?? would it be a good idea ? A Ford wakeup call instead ?
Everyone who feels this way should make their feelings known towards Ford at least. If you dont, then nothing changes.

If you do it collectivly its harder to write off as "just one opinion".

Personally I agree with the communication criticism. However I'm (apparently) getting my car earlier then the original estimates, so cant really complain about the end result.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have complained at least twice to my dealer about how upset customers are and not just myself and he said he has passed it all upwards through Ford.

Calvin4000

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Harley Livewire, BMW 1250GS
Occupation
System Engineer
Country flag
I did the same.... without any noticeable result so far... ?

davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
Does anyone know if there is a list of confirmed charging networks covered by the FordPass?

I can see in the app for rapid chargers we’ve got BP Pulse, Shell Recharge, Osprey and IONITY. I’m happy to set up a charging thread and do some pricing comparisons across the networks via the various payment methods. Let me know if that would be helpful (something to do while we wait for the cars!)
I think that would be veryuseful if you wouldn’t mind? ????

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Me too, to the dealer, to Hannah and to Rebecca. Nothing. Just shrugs.
I know you and a couple of others on here seem to be unhappy with Rebecca and Hannah, mainly because they can't give you the answers that you want or don't seem to be bothered. I have not had any dealings with Hannah but have been in touch with Rebecca since she started as concierge back in March last year. I have asked her a lot of questions during that time and most have been answered or found out if she didn't know. I have said it before and I make no apologies for saying it again, we are all frustrated that we aren't getting any information about our cars. What we want to know is what is wrong with them, when are the issues going to be fixed, when are we going to get delivery of our cars but I know that Rebecca is just as frustrated as we are but for totally different reasons. SHE CAN'T TELL US EVEN IF SHE COULD. I have sent her numerous messages with our complaints and she has assured me that she has passed our concerns on. She has made representations off her own back complaining that she can't give us more information. Her's and Hannah's hands are tied by FordUK bosses but mainly by FordUS. I have no reason to doubt that if she tells me she will do something that she will. If she can't give the answer I want to hear then I am sure it because she can't. The biggest problem for them both is that they are the first contact and as such get all the abuse. I can't tell you guys what to do but I think you need to cut them a bit of slack and believe me when I say that if they could tell us they would tell us. As I said in an earlier post, it is my opinion that the Port of Antwerp must be getting chockablock with MME'S so there MUST be some on their way soon to make some space, so some of you might get a nice surprise soon. ?? Hopefully to UK and not anywhere else.

Dieeasysteve

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e SR RWD (Black)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I just want to know when I'm getting my car so I can plan for it. (move money about, install the charger...) From what I can tell me car hasn't moved in a month now. I'm lucky that my current car is a scrapper so I'm not losing value and due to covid my mot has been extended my a year. I would love my car now but I have no issue waiting, I would just like some communication.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I just want to know when I'm getting my car so I can plan for it. (move money about, install the charger...) From what I can tell me car hasn't moved in a month now. I'm lucky that my current car is a scrapper so I'm not losing value and due to covid my mot has been extended my a year. I would love my car now but I have no issue waiting, I would just like some communication.
You are no different than the rest of us. We ALL want the same, but until FordUK or FordUS decide that they will give us the information we want there is precious little we can do. I have lost £1500 on the value of my current car which I am putting up for PX because of the delays. If I lose anymore I won't be able to afford the finance so I will be out, not because I have had enough but purely because of Ford can't give me a date.

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag
Everyone who feels this way should make their feelings known towards Ford at least. If you dont, then nothing changes.

If you do it collectivly its harder to write off as "just one opinion".

Personally I agree with the communication criticism. However I'm (apparently) getting my car earlier then the original estimates, so cant really complain about the end result.
I emailed Elena Ford last week (Chief Customer Experience Officer for Ford Motor Company, I thought might as well go straight to the top) and haven't even had the courtesy of an acknowledgement! Even if she was genuinely looking into what is going on, it's only good service to drop a line to say, "sorry, I'm looking into it and will get back to you as soon as I can"

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag
When we eventually receive our cars I recommend that everyone does a little bit of homework into public chargers that they will use using the Ford Pass charging network card. According to the map on the Ford Pass app I have an Osprey charging network charger near me. According to the Ford Pass app costs are 42p/kwh. If you use payg the cost is 36p. Use the Ospry app it's 31p and have a subscription (£5 p/m) it's 25p. This isn't the only one I have found like this. My conclusion,. Don't be duped into thinking it's cheaper using the Ford Pass charging network card. It might not be.
At what point did you receive your Ford Pass charging network card? I haven't received mine yet, should I be chasing?
Sponsored