UK Customers

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD, Volvo XC90, Ducati Scrambler 1100
Country flag
I have managed to get an up date using a Forum post that somebody has put on here, I have put my VIN in and it has come up with the following could anyone give me a heads up on the meaning and what should I be looking out for going forward,

Screenshot_20210614-190012_Samsung Internet.jpg
Looking at your posts your car was an April build so I'm guessing it's somewhere in the QPDI process in Antwerp. It may have just arrived at Antwerp, or may have moved onto Aktrion who are carrying out the quality checks.

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
So I got my new dealership to take some comparable pictures of the roof etc for you to reference.

Overall it’s looking good, but looks like there are some minor alignment issues like @Wonky_Donkey had toward the front of the roof… I’ll be curious to hear how the foam poles work, as I may well need some!

I don’t think they’re big enough for me to refuse delivery… but definitely seems the roof is good few mm higher than the windscreen at the front of the car and possibly slightly raised on the front drivers side too… or it could be just the picture, I’ve asked them to look at it and let me know what they think.

curious to see what others on here think too… is that raised roof which causes wind noise “within spec”? Wonder how many of us wouldn’t accept this?

DA306D40-28F4-4763-9515-832A9435E679.jpeg
29F1EE14-2F71-4699-9BF8-8C7D7DE9BBF0.jpeg
2F7D5E18-93CF-49A3-93AA-9E1308A1C7A0.jpeg
18FEC614-C474-40E0-8254-9671D8C5C7C9.jpeg
1D7DD0FA-38F4-486D-AF12-248F17848D92.jpeg
E19CD686-EDFA-4835-A91A-B78AA24CC206.jpeg
A3CCB725-9655-40D0-A080-038855AB753F.jpeg
479CDFD1-8195-407F-AE51-65AAC3CB6F85.jpeg
A2E8CCE4-4198-4781-90CD-DB38286D2A52.jpeg
CC91E829-3C24-4526-A6A2-289E9849E164.jpeg
CAB631A3-BFB7-40D7-8968-828858499A4D.jpeg
0D8D8953-279E-4C96-87FA-8D494886D2DD.jpeg
F652DA37-72C1-411C-8785-D4E7649B5C8A.jpeg
04142AA3-E941-4994-8496-F6E662F7ABF2.jpeg
22F5BF07-BBAA-46F7-8FC7-5DE87A4A02D7.jpeg
Hi @SJ_Okay

Thanks for posting the pics - saw them as I was on the way to the dealers his afternoon ?

My car doesn't appear to have the raised edge at the front, but has a significantly wider gap in the right-hand side channel running the length of the roof, when compared to the left-hand side - your car seems to have the same, but not quite as exaggerated as mine.

The roof must be a real pain to align and fit ?

As you say, probably not a showstopper - but will need some of @Wonky_Donkey foam poles ?

Cheers
David

gwyn7532

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Nissan Leaf, Mach E RWD SR on order
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Dear Micheal,

Following recent communication that your Mustang Mach-E is en route to / with your Ford dealer, we detected a software issue that could provide incorrect location information to the emergency services when using the car's eCall system.

As a result, we had to temporarily halt all Mustang Mach-E handovers in the UK while we fix the issue. We know how excited you are to take delivery of the car and we're really sorry for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused you and your families.

Our team have been working hard behind the scenes over the past week to quickly develop a software update that will resolve the issue. We're expecting this software to update to be available to your Ford Dealer this week and customer handovers should be able to resume shortly after this.

We're really excited at the prospect of you being able to very soon enjoy everything this car has to offer and we're really confident it will be worth the wait.

If you have any queries or clarifications, please contact the Ford Customer Contact Centre on 0203 564 4444 (Option 3).

Yours sincerely,
Ford Customer Relationship Centre

Kind regards
Krishna Patel| Ford Online Sales Support

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
@David-HC
So as promised I’ve taken some more roof pics today to compare the left / right alignment.

As others have noted the roof is not dead centred. Mine is also everso slightly over to the passenger side, but unless you were looking for it you wouldn’t notice it. (see new pics below)

In regard to the front height difference my theory is that the glass roof is slightly thicker than the metal roof, and the flush design works fine for the metal roof, but is not right for the glass one (lets call it a design feature!) :)

I see comments about crap panel gaps - but seriously the panels are pretty good on mine. While they may not be perfect for airflow, they are all even and nothing looks squished or too gappy.

Overall the build quality of these does feel good - certainly much much better than any of the Model3‘s I’ve seen.

7790A804-26CB-4494-B2A8-B114035F5246.jpeg
93B5BD91-6395-456E-A6D1-08209BE784D6.jpeg
Hi @Wonky_Donkey

Very many thanks for taking the further pics - they're a great comparison for mine ?

These came through on my hour and a half bus journey to the dealer this afternoon - I should have kept my old car for another couple of weeks ?

It's interesting that others have also said the panel is not centred, and having seen your pics above, and those from @SJ_Okay I think mine is definitely a good, or is it bad, example of that ?

I think I've accepted this is as it is, so will be looking to acquire some of your "foam rods" to remedy the problem.

Thanks again,
David

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
So the Head of the body shop at the new dealership has inspected it after my concerns and this is the response. I have to say, it’s been an absolute pleasure dealing with them… I asked them to please be honest with their assessment of it and they are and being understanding too, which is nice.

I think I’m going to have to take a 2 hour drive up North tomorrow and check it out in person so I can make a decision. I’m 95% I’m going to be fine with it… not worried about the raised roof, it’s only the slightly raised near side that could be a deal breaker for me… just a weird ocd thing. Hopefully all good. She did tell me it was taking a long time to power up though ?

69839ED6-4020-4F4E-A0CF-C8834B202075.jpeg
Hi again @SJ_Okay

That sounds like you've found a really good dealership - very impressive to get such a considered reply.

Having looked at my roof again this afternoon (and also being slightly pernickety!) I am happy with it - so hope you find everything OK when you see the car in person ??

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Hi @Wonky_Donkey

Very many thanks for taking the further pics - they're a great comparison for mine ?

These came through on my hour and a half bus journey to the dealer this afternoon - I should have kept my old car for another couple of weeks ?

It's interesting that others have also said the panel is not centred, and having seen your pics above, and those from @SJ_Okay I think mine is definitely a good, or is it bad, example of that ?

I think I've accepted this is as it is, so will be looking to acquire some of your "foam rods" to remedy the problem.

Thanks again,
David

I think if ity's well aligned 'in spec' I'd leave it well alone if it's not noisy. Live with the car for a couple of weeks before you do anything- especially if you throw it back under warranty.

If you should attempt filling the gap, e-bay is a good source for the foam, just type in 'foam rods' . Don't ask how I know... :rolleyes: ;):)

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
I think if ity's well aligned 'in spec' I'd leave it well alone if it's not noisy. Live with the car for a couple of weeks before you do anything- especially if you throw it back under warranty.

If you should attempt filling the gap, e-bay is a good source for the foam, just type in 'foam rods' . Don't ask how I know... :rolleyes: ;):)
Thanks @Tony.T

Yes, that sounds like good advice ..... or should that be sound advice ?

Cheers
David

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
Hi all

Quick update on car mileage at delivery ......

Speaking to my dealer, he said the three cars they had delivered to them the other week each had 40 miles or so on the clock (instrument cluster ?)

JStepha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD ER
Country flag
Hi all

Speaking to my dealer, he said the three cars they had delivered to them the other week each had 40 miles or so on the clock (instrument cluster ?)
Mine has 60 ?. Within the tolerance of delivery miles I guess…

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Hi all

I lucked out at 23 then ! ?

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Mind you having worked as a service manager (ie general dogsbody and whipping boy) many years ago- I would prefer a car with a few miles on it in the hope that an experienced tech had done a road test before I took delivery! It can make a huge difference...

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Hi again @SJ_Okay

That sounds like you've found a really good dealership - very impressive to get such a considered reply.

Having looked at my roof again this afternoon (and also being slightly pernickety!) I am happy with it - so hope you find everything OK when you see the car in person ??
That’s what’s most important… how you see the car. Because it’s taken so long, we’ve kind of become a bit too caught up in what might be an issue when we probably wouldn’t bat an eyelid in other circumstances, as @Andeh alluded to. The most important factor is how you feel when you grab the steering wheel!

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
I have signed and arranged all paperwork with Arnold Clark for the lease. My dealer saying there is still a lot they have to sort out on the finance details. Anyone else have similar issues?
Nice one dude. I suspect they’re just stalling to give some time for the eCall update and to carry out the pdi. My car is filthy. I think they wait until the deal is done before they trouble their staff with getting it ready for delivery… just me speculating.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Hi all

Makes me fee a little better!

WildboarWes

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E RWD ER
Country flag
I have managed to get an up date using a Forum post that somebody has put on here, I have put my VIN in and it has come up with the following could anyone give me a heads up on the meaning and what should I be looking out for going forward,

Screenshot_20210614-190012_Samsung Internet.jpg
Doesn't work for me. Just get a never ending spinning symbol.