grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Was wondering if anyone else’s Ford Charging Network subscription is still showing ‘Activation Pending’? It also shows as no service found on the FordPass app.

I registered it 2 weeks ago when I got my car. I actually haven’t tried to use a charger in the Ford network yet as have been using ChargePlace Scotland for free.

Was wondering if this will only change to activated once I’ve used a charger on the Ford network.

Thanks.
You can't use it until it is activated. I don't think you can set it up via the app. I set mine up through my Ford account because you have to put in your payment card details. Mine set up very easily, probably the only thing related to this car that went smoothly. ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
Was wondering if anyone else’s Ford Charging Network subscription is still showing ‘Activation Pending’? It also shows as no service found on the FordPass app.

I registered it 2 weeks ago when I got my car. I actually haven’t tried to use a charger in the Ford network yet as have been using ChargePlace Scotland for free.

Was wondering if this will only change to activated once I’ve used a charger on the Ford network.

Thanks.
I had a few issues trying to get it sorted. Have you tried logging into your account on computer and activating it that way? The app caused me a few problems.

Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag
You can't use it until it is activated. I don't think you can set it up via the app. I set mine up through my Ford account because you have to put in your payment card details. Mine set up very easily, probably the only thing related to this car that went smoothly. ?
I’m pretty sure I set mine up through the Account page on my computer and my payment details are held ok. I’m trying to remember if there was an system error as I set it up but I was more focussed on the car at the time!?. I emailed the FordPass team 10 days ago but I’m still waiting for a reply. No doubt they’re busy!

I had a few issues trying to get it sorted. Have you tried logging into your account on computer and activating it that way? The app caused me a few problems.
As far as I can see there’s no other option to activate it. The only option is to add another payment card. I’ve tried doing that today to see if that helps prompt the activation. Will give it a day or two to see if that helps. I’m still waiting to hear back from the FordPass team.

Thanks for your help guys. ?

Dhiren

First Name
Dhiren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Mustang Mach-E, ER RWD)
Occupation
Office Supplies Reseller
Country flag
No they are just saying Paint protection for @£400+ since the colour isn't metallic its advisable .
They told me £500.00, there are many approved DiamondBrite companies that come out to your loaction I have been quoted £270.00 inc VAT, please do shop around

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Have insurance rates gone up very recently? I had a quote for £744 now it's gone to £980!

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I’m pretty sure I set mine up through the Account page on my computer and my payment details are held ok. I’m trying to remember if there was an system error as I set it up but I was more focussed on the car at the time!?. I emailed the FordPass team 10 days ago but I’m still waiting for a reply. No doubt they’re busy!

As far as I can see there’s no other option to activate it. The only option is to add another payment card. I’ve tried doing that today to see if that helps prompt the activation. Will give it a day or two to see if that helps. I’m still waiting to hear back from the FordPass team.

Thanks for your help guys. ?
There’s a number you can call for the FordPass Charging Network Support (I think it’s the Ford CRC Team)

They are on 0800 588 2300 and are open Mon-Fri 8:00-18:30 if that helps

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag

Thanks for your help guys.
Just seen the Ford website is down again. I believe the last time I was having these problems activating there were similar back end problems with their site etc. Might just be a case of waiting another day.

davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
Have insurance rates gone up very recently? I had a quote for £744 now it's gone to £980!
Mine kept going up, and up, and up.

Started at £325 and ended up paying £526 with Lloyds.

I was glad when I could insure it at last! Thought I wouldn’t be able to afford it! ??

Bet they still think we are being issued with the sh**e key! ??

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
A quick demo shows what happens when my charger a Myenergy Zappi2 reaches the set target for the Batt SOC set in the MME. The charger is set to use excess solar to charge the car & house Batt, but it works the same when set to charge at 7kW.

Most of the pics are self explanatory, having set a max SOC in MME of 70% for test, it can be seen when the MME reaches this it switches to 'Battery Conditioning Mode' at 0.6kW this will continue until the Batt BMS is happy that MME Batt is balanced.

You also get a notification that the Batt has reached the desired percentage set (ie 70%) but not that its gone into 'Battery Conditioning Mode' (that can last for several hours).

MME Charge.jpg

From MME Charge Screen when 70% reached

Zappi01.jpg

Charging Normally (before 70%)

Zappi02.jpg

Battery Conditioning Mode (After 70%)

Screenshot_FordPass.jpg

Notification of Max Charge reached

Regards All..... Fantastic Car
What I found interesting here (I have a Zappi too, btw) is that yes it continues to condition/balance the battery if you reach a full or set desired charge, however it doesn’t do this if you don’t reach your desired charge level and simply stop charging via the app. At the moment, I often stop charge, unplug and go, then plug back into a trickle charge off excess solar… however it is obviously better to have your cells balanced after a charge… I would think?

With this is mind, would anyone more knowledgeable on the subject say that it is better to charge to a set limit every day than to just trickle charge my excess solar in the day? What a faff… I’d have to set lower charge rates that increase incrementally over the week to take advance of excess solar, since the desired charge level setting in the car seems to take priority over all other charging setting. It will require some maths too! Could it be that the cell balancing might explain why the desired charge level is being prioritised? Should the car be thinking that it has a full charge it needs to condition and balance before each journey to get the optimal performance out of it?

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
Mine kept going up, and up, and up.

Started at £325 and ended up paying £526 with Lloyds.

I was glad when I could insure it at last! Thought I wouldn’t be able to afford it! ??

Bet they still think we are being issued with the sh**e key! ??
I’m not even going to tell you exactly what we had pay on insurance, but it is well in excess of £1k!! I’d rip someone’s arm off for £526.

Tatcampbell

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Merc C350e waiting on RR MME Extd RWD
Occupation
Air Traffic Control Engineering Manager
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 5F30A5A6-912E-4BCC-8F4E-5669FFBF656C
I’m glad mine is through Company Insurance . I got a quote just to see how much it would be .

Tr1cky49

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD ER
Country flag
Wow. Either some of you have some points on your license, no no claims or it’s your postcode. I won’t get my MME until the end of the year most likely, but if I do a check on confused.com then I’m getting quotes of around £380.
Sponsored

Last edited: