First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD ER
Country flag
Fingers crossed for you!

I did have a brief moment of madness the other week and considered changing my RWD ER order to an AWD ER... and the red calipers were actually part of that consideration! (plus the extra torque and the fact that Ford's website are showing them as being available in half the time of the RWD). I had a word with myself and kept things as they were.

Just had the email saying that they've now scheduled a build date (without telling me what that is) so still expecting it to be the end of the year, if I'm lucky.

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
Iā€™m making some pretty hefty guesses here, but I think Iā€™m loaded on ADELINE which departs Flushing at 5PM tonight. My reasoning is, in Ford pass you can pull down to refresh, and that refreshes location, mileage charging etc. My car is not responding for the last couple of hoursā€¦ā€¦almost like itā€™s inside a big steel box ?

Tatcampbell

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Merc C350e waiting on RR MME Extd RWD
Occupation
Air Traffic Control Engineering Manager
Country flag
Fingers crossed for you!

I did have a brief moment of madness the other week and considered changing my RWD ER order to an AWD ER... and the red calipers were actually part of that consideration! (plus the extra torque and the fact that Ford's website are showing them as being available in half the time of the RWD). I had a word with myself and kept things as they were.

Just had the email saying that they've now scheduled a build date (without telling me what that is) so still expecting it to be the end of the year, if I'm lucky.
My original order was ER RWD . I then saw the same as you that delivery was 10 weeks rather than 23 . Contacted my lease company (my order is through Salary Sacrifice) and changed to ER AWD. Was given 28 weeks for delivery , which I queried , and was told that as itā€™s a ā€œfleetā€ car then it has to be a new build . I then got an email 2 weeks ago that they had sourced a ā€œpipelineā€ car and that it was en-route to the UK with delivery by end of September . Dealer is TrustFord Epsom so it would be nice if that was mine on the truck but I may be being too optimistic.

ramcd

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RWD ER SPACE WHITE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Any more movement today? my Ford Pass App is still waiting for activation, although my Tapps date changed this morning at 05:20 zulu time.
My car came on the New Jersey too and it moved to Flushing overnight so hopefully you are not far away. Have been told UK cars are getting priority now! We will see;)

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I could have waved at it when it went past Lands end about 0600 this morning!
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers screenshot-16 150721

Ironic to think it'll be in Plymouth in a few weeks! ? ?.

Shame they couldn't have turned left and berthed at Plymouth to unload it on the way past!

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag
Hi @IronAddict and all

For what it's worth, I used Confused.com and got a really good quote from Ford Insure (which is in effect Admiral) for just over Ā£500 ?

There were cheaper but the Ford Insure cover (Admiral) seemed really good, and their customer help line was also excellent. I think (but you would need to double check) they also do a multi-car policy.

I do live in a fairly low-risk area (I think!) and have a full NCD but may be worth checking out.

I used Confused.com about a week or two prior to the required date.

Hope this may help ?
David

PS: so the car has a Ford Warranty, a PCP with Ford and insured with Ford ....... what could possibly go wrong ?
I agree with you on Ford Insure, my quote was only a little above the cheapest company, but also had a smaller compulsory excess, so I will probably go with them when I eventually get my car...

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In other news, I still don't have a car nor the handover date. Every step is just dragged out. This is probably the worst car buying experience of my life.
Same here, so frustrated AGAIN! Mine should have reached my dealer last week as it arrived at Dagenham on 2nd, after it didn't I contacted my contact at the Executive Office, who couldn't even find my car! Eventually this morning they have confirmed it IS still in Dagenham, but can't give me an ETA until tomorrow.

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
More good news, is that ADELINE is currently moored up in Vlissingen (Flushing) with next stop Dagenham. One can only hope......
Mine was 6 days in Flushing, both ADELINE and CELESTINE make regular trips to Dagenham.