UK Customers

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
New owner woes here!

Puddle lights and greeting still not working!
Checked my Ford Pass app a few minutes ago and no securialert, but I do have the pretty pic of my car.

Completely separately how do I do screen shots on my Huawei P30 Pro? Android and proud of course!
Tony,

There is a setting in Sync called “Welcome Lights” or something like that. I’m sure that needs to be on for the pony to grace its presence on the ground.
Sponsored

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Tony,

There is a setting in Sync called “Welcome Lights” or something like that. I’m sure that needs to be on for the pony to grace its presence on the ground.

Great- I looked everywhere but couldn't find it.

I'll check tomorrow, hopefully I can report success!

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Have done my first charge since the latest update of the FordPass app and it would appear that when you bring up the details of when the car is plugged in/charging it now tells you how many kw's are/have gone in. I'm sure it used to tell you the %, although it does still give the % in the battery charge log. I do prefer to know how many kw's have gone in rather than the %.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Last night my 7-year-old got very car sick after we got home from a 45-minute car journey. I checked the tyre pressure and the rears were 35psi. Pumped them up to 45 so that should help any movement now.

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I'll report back tomorrow, many thanks ?
Just been outside to the car and checked the welcome setting was on. It was...

So what else could bre preventing it from working?

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just been outside to the car and checked the welcome setting was on. It was...

So what else could bre preventing it from working?
I'm not really sure Tony.

I know when I tested mine, it had to be really dark.....not sunset dark....pitch dark.

When I approach my car with the keys, the taillights illuminate, and the pony shows on the floor.

When you approach, do your tailights come on? I know that certainly on mine, the pony doesnt show up for long.....

I really cant remember if I unlocked the car or not for them to show up.....been a while since I looked.

TonyA

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach e
Country flag

I know when I tested mine, it had to be really dark.....not sunset dark....pitch dark.

When I approach my car with the keys, the taillights illuminate, and the pony shows on the floor.

When you approach, do your tailights come on? I know that certainly on mine, the pony doesnt show up for long.....

I really cant remember if I unlocked the car or not for them to show up.....been a while since I looked.
my lights come on every time I approach the car when I have the fob on me, also I am sure my car unlocks when I approach. Not sure what is going on with these cars

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag

You may have stumbled on something that confirms what I've been wondering.
The car is parked on the drive, about 10yds from a street lamp- the car faces the road so I can use my adjacent charger. I reckon the ambient light is too much.
Am I right in thinking there is a light sensor on the dash behind the windscreen? If so I'll cover it up later and give it another try.

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The car is parked on the drive, about 10yds from a street lamp- the car faces the road so I can use my adjacent charger. I reckon the ambient light is too much.
Am I right in thinking there is a light sensor on the dash behind the windscreen? If so I'll cover it up later and give it another try.
Quite possible Tony....I remember thinking mine wasnt working either, so I drove it out into the sticks to a really dark area (sounds cagey), but that proved it. I'm not exactly sure where the light sensor is on the Mach-E.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I think you are barking up the wrong tree with this theory. When I approach my car (most of the time), the car senses the key and "wakes up" turning on the DLT's and rear lights whether locked or unlocked. The puddle light will only come on when the car is locked and the mirrors are folded. They will light up whatever the ambiant light conditions are as they are activated by the car sensing the key.
If you haven't already done so, I would check that you have set the mirrors to auto fold on locking, the welcome lighting is set to on and that you don't unlock the car with your fob as this will cause the mirrors to unfold which in turn deactivates the puddle lights. If, after having done all this, I would assume that you have an issue and you get your dealer to have a look.

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think you are barking up the wrong tree with this theory. When I approach my car (most of the time), the car senses the key and "wakes up" turning on the DLT's and rear lights whether locked or unlocked. The puddle light will only come on when the car is locked and the mirrors are folded. They will light up whatever the ambiant light conditions are as they are activated by the car sensing the key.
If you haven't already done so, I would check that you have set the mirrors to auto fold on locking, the welcome lighting is set to on and that you don't unlock the car with your fob as this will cause the mirrors to unfold which in turn deactivates the puddle lights. If, after having done all this, I would assume that you have an issue and you get your dealer to have a look.
Graham is correct.

Just for s**ts n giggles, I got a black piece of paper, and walked out to my car with the keys.

I stuffed the black paper under the mirror and sure enough I see a small pony being projected.

Obviously I just cant see it on the ground unless its real dark.
Sponsored