grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
What the rease ?? Only in UK or also in Europe ?
According to information I received back in March, phone as key is not available on RHD versions. Rumour has it that it is a regulatory issue which may be resolved at a later date. As far as I am aware it is UK only
Sponsored

Iwantonenow

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e (currently have ioniq)
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
What the reason ?? Only in UK or also in Europe ?
It is because phone as key is not allowed in UK. I have no idea about regulations in Europe but can see if my contract knows anything.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Oh dear. Here we are getting ever closer to the end of August and my hope that our order book would open is looking very unlikely. Unless I have missed something, there has only been 1 email from Ford which didn't give much new information but did tease that something was upcoming. No sign of that yet. I am really disappointed, as are many others on this forum, in the total lack of information. It seems that all at Ford are still on lockdown and have not got any access to the internet. It is just as well that there is NOTHING else out there that is firing up my interest at the moment otherwise it wouldn't take much, sorry to say, for me to jump ship. Come on Ford, there must be SOMETHING you can tease us with.

Calvin4000

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Harley Livewire, BMW 1250GS
Occupation
System Engineer
Country flag
It seems that I am not the only one with the same feeling then, I was also hoping to be able to place an order before the end of this month... :(

Positive thinking, if the cars for EU/UK are built later on, our friends from the US will test them before us and they will find out if there is any glitch before we got ours.... ;)

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
It seems that I am not the only one with the same feeling then, I was also hoping to be able to place an order before the end of this month... :(

Positive thinking, if the cars for EU/UK are built later on, our friends from the US will test them before us and they will find out if there is any glitch before we got ours.... ;)
That was my thinking as well. And hopefully we should get some good reviews from them.

Kadaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo S60, Zoe R210
Country flag
Ford Norway press release this week said that order bank will open In September. They have got a red MME on the road here to test it for 2 weeks for road test. Hope that order for Europe will open next month.

PaulD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Jaguar XK, Peugeot Bipper Tepee
Occupation
Semi retired management consultant
Country flag
I share some of the concerns particularly the lack of any detailed information regarding the specification, performance, charging and driving assistance from Ford over the last few months.

I do however have some similar recent experience with the ID3 from Volkswagen. I was an ID3 first edition pre-booker. Having placed a deposit in May 2019. In the interim between placing the pre-order and the actual order window opening this month I received absolutely no emails, no information, updates, specification or even acknowledgement that I was a pre-booker from VW. I was given a couple of weeks to confirm even though the prices of the series cars was not available.

It would seem that early EV model adopters are not a huge deal for motor manufacturers as they are a bit of a captive market and likely to buy whatever. It is the wider market they need to attract.

Ultimately, although I was extremely disappointed with VW, it was the style, specification and price of the actual car that made me cancel my pre order.

My feelings from a UK perspective regarding the communication from Ford is somewhat different. Although not receiving much information I was at least invited to a preview presentation and able to explore the car and sit in it. I was not able to drive or play with the systems.

I hoped for more information following but this was not to be. However my belief is that Ford need to the car to be available and be well received in the US and perform well before they worry too much about the rest of the world.

Ford has a loyal following in the US and The Mustang even more loyal supporters. The Mustang is principally a US marque. It has only been sold in the UK since 2015 and 65% of world wide sales are in the US.

Ford say they are serious about electrification. They must be to invest the money they are, and be gambling their premier brand name. Something as American as the Stars and Stripes, the Constitution, independence, and individual freedom. It has to work, they have to hit targets, it has to complete with Tesla, it has to lead their drive for electrification, it has to be a rip roaring flag waving success. Otherwise heads will roll and the market will respond.

I can forgive Ford US for a bit, after all there has been this wretched virus and to be fair they only sold around 2000 Mustangs in the UK last year. However my patience is not everlasting and like Grahame I just need a bit of encouragement to keep me going. An email outlining their plans would do! Even if it came with caveats.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
I do however have some similar recent experience with the ID3 from Volkswagen. I was an ID3 first edition pre-booker. Having placed a deposit in May 2019. In the interim between placing the pre-order and the actual order window opening this month I received absolutely no emails, no information, updates, specification or even acknowledgement that I was a pre-booker from VW. I was given a couple of weeks to confirm even though the prices of the series cars was not available.
I've said it before, I think this is an industry thing. The C-Max release was the same. The Volt release was also the same. In fact GM said they were more open with the Volt during development than they had ever been with any vehicle before.

With Tesla, you put your reservation in and that's it until they tell you to pick up your car.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I know I've had my mini rant on this thread already, but seeing others start to feel the same is slightly validating, but has also caused me to reflect on the situation.

I've realised that what I've found hardest is the crashing halt to the Mach-E marketing machine.

Like an addict I had my supply of new information being regularly fed. We had the launch, then some first look video reviews, then the live meet and greet events in London and around the country.

I was in bliss, I had access to pre-production vehicles and Ford representatives. I was able to ask Ford UK questions and as a result of those interactions answer questions for people on this forum.

Then COVID happened and the world shut down. Ford UK went quiet, and I felt cut-off.

Initially I kidded myself that it wouldn't last long, and Ford would reawaken from it's enforced slumber with new information and the promise of pre-orders being converted into actual orders. But it didn't happen.

Ford USA bounced back into life, there was new information, but it wasn't relevant to us. That just left us feeling neglected. Maybe if we poked a bit Ford UK would wake up, but alas no, we prodded and poked for info, and got nothing back.

Now the information junkie is trying his best to get through the withdrawal pains. I've looked at other products to seek viable alternatives - something to fill the void - but nothing compares.

At least I know I'm not alone ?

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
It is because phone as key is not allowed in UK. I have no idea about regulations in Europe but can see if my contract knows anything.
Hmmm... yes, report back if PaaK is not available in the UK.

Iwantonenow

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e (currently have ioniq)
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
Hmmm... yes, report back if PaaK is not available in the UK.
It isn't, I said that above but was told that this information was already known.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
What about the (upcoming?) Ford UK chat about SYNC 4A?
We have no date for that - could be next week or next year LOL

We haven't had anything new since March 2020 - so it's the 5 months of silence I'm referring to

kamtheman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 3 Series Touring X Drive
Occupation
Self Employed
Country flag
Hi Guys, I'm on the waiting list for a RWD ER chosen as it as the Tech pack and was under the £50k threshold. I'm sticking it out for now but very frustrated I haven't even set eyes on one, let alone sat in one. I am interested someone said they had at Guildford as this is my local branch! They should have contacted all those on the waiting list, surely!

Anyway, to loop back on a topic discussed earlier in this thread. I am not sure the conclusion came to it back then was correct.

I really, really want the red paint, but I was told by Ford UK that as this would take the BOOK/LIST value to above £50k I would lose the £3k government grant. Thus making it a 4.5k red paint job!

I really don't think the grant is based on the BASE value of the car, otherwise loads of manufacturers would list a base model under £50k and have £000s of extras you can add on.

The government website says -

To be eligible for the grant, cars must cost less than £50,000. This is the recommended retail price (RRP), and includes VAT and delivery fees.

This says to me a £1150 extra would disqualify it from the grant.

Do you folks agree?
Sponsored