MikeC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e EXT AWD
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I started a thread titled ‘U.k. Owners - Ferry Crossing‘ to get what I hoped would be a definitive answer to disabling the alarm when on a ferry. Having now made 4 x 6 hour ferry crossings the alarm has gone off once on the first crossing, 3 times on the 2nd and 3rd crossings and 5 times on the 4th crossing. Interestingly though the 4th crossing seemed to be the calmest.

Following the on screen information under Alarm System I set the motion sensors to OFF - Settings/Vehicle/Alarm System and set the motion sensors to OFF, turned the car off, open and exit then close the drivers door and locked the car using a single press of the fiesta type key fob, I then left the car deck.

Within minutes of the ferry moving, I received an notification on the Ford Pass App. When returning to the car, other notifications were received.

Speaking to my dealer about they looked very confused as this was the first time they had heard of this and nothing had been received from Ford. They did however do a test on a similar Mach-e and suggested to disable Ask on Exit before turning the motion sensors to off. However their test was within 2 minutes of locking the car (with the key fob nearby) where they jacked the car up and the alarm did not go off. My own testing within 2 minutes of locking the car, the alarm also did not go off, but if you leave it for 2 minutes to allow the nearby key to go into sleep mode then Jack the car up, the alarm goes off.

Also the dealer as they had not heard of this problem before believe it’s is unlikely that Ford will do anything about it as no one seems to be reporting this problem.

So what I am asking you to do is to report this problem to your dealer so that if there are enough complaints/reports about this then it might be elevated to a level where Ford actually fix the bug in the software. My Power-Up version is 1.6.0, but with info on what later versions offer, there is no mention of the alarm bug fix.
Thank you 👍
Sponsored

g8mb1t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Country flag
I started a thread titled ‘U.k. Owners - Ferry Crossing‘ to get what I hoped would be a definitive answer to disabling the alarm when on a ferry. Having now made 4 x 6 hour ferry crossings the alarm has gone off once on the first crossing, 3 times on the 2nd and 3rd crossings and 5 times on the 4th crossing. Interestingly though the 4th crossing seemed to be the calmest.

Following the on screen information under Alarm System I set the motion sensors to OFF - Settings/Vehicle/Alarm System and set the motion sensors to OFF, turned the car off, open and exit then close the drivers door and locked the car using a single press of the fiesta type key fob, I then left the car deck.

Within minutes of the ferry moving, I received an notification on the Ford Pass App. When returning to the car, other notifications were received.

Speaking to my dealer about they looked very confused as this was the first time they had heard of this and nothing had been received from Ford. They did however do a test on a similar Mach-e and suggested to disable Ask on Exit before turning the motion sensors to off. However their test was within 2 minutes of locking the car (with the key fob nearby) where they jacked the car up and the alarm did not go off. My own testing within 2 minutes of locking the car, the alarm also did not go off, but if you leave it for 2 minutes to allow the nearby key to go into sleep mode then Jack the car up, the alarm goes off.

Also the dealer as they had not heard of this problem before believe it’s is unlikely that Ford will do anything about it as no one seems to be reporting this problem.

So what I am asking you to do is to report this problem to your dealer so that if there are enough complaints/reports about this then it might be elevated to a level where Ford actually fix the bug in the software. My Power-Up version is 1.6.0, but with info on what later versions offer, there is no mention of the alarm bug fix.
Thank you 👍
I’m on 2.3.0 and last weekend going to IOW had multiple alerts and the alarm going off saying vehicle is inclined etc. I’ve also made sure the alarm was turned off before locking. I did notice other cars doing the same so maybe it’s just the way it is?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
My car informed me after a drive out today that a software download had been successful. I did have 2.1.0 installed on 8th April. This one can't be 2.3.1 as the volume bar is still vertical and not horizontal. When I go into details it just says "Up to date". I wish Ford would give us a bit more detail on what's actually been updated.

MikeC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e EXT AWD
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I’m on 2.3.0 and last weekend going to IOW had multiple alerts and the alarm going off saying vehicle is inclined etc. I’ve also made sure the alarm was turned off before locking. I did notice other cars doing the same so maybe it’s just the way it is?
My previous car a BMW 520D tourer when you locked the car with the first press, a second press a few seconds later disabled the alarm, my Ford Transit van (sorry long time ago I cannot remember) there was a way to disable the alarm on a ferry crossing. All my previous cars, you could disable the alarm by some means. Other car alarms may well go off, possibly due to the owners not knowing how to disable the alarm.

if you click on the ‘i’ (information icon) in the Alarm System menu it states :-
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 0132BAC3-93B8-49C5-B57B-C1092DF0385F

Setting theMotion Sensors to OFF just does not work.

Anyway, please please please report this alarm going off bug to your dealer. The more people who report this bug, the more chance we have of getting it fixed. Some ferry owners will call you over the ferry tannoy system and ask you to return to your car to disable the alarm as they probably fear that the 12V battery will go flat and you will not be able to drive off the ferry (it’s a real headache for them which I completely understand).

Fortunately with the Mach-e the drive battery will charge the 12V battery if the voltage drops to a certain level, when the car is off.

MuckyMach-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e AWD Extended Range
Country flag
Presumably the article you mentioned has been corrected from the article I quoted yesterday. It also came from Cologne and clearly stated that the springs/dampers would be updated for better handling
Yes, I thought I had read it there too. Definitely looks like they corrected the announcement. Interesting though, I wonder if they let slip that new cars would have revised springs and dampers for a ‘significantly’ better ride.

MuckyMach-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e AWD Extended Range
Country flag
I’ve got a job1 2021 Mach-e AWD XR which has never had an OTA update. Fortunately my dealer has agreed to do all the available updates via FDRS for me next week (may take 2 days). They will only charge a couple of hours as most of the time the car just needs to be left to get on with installing the updates. The dealer contacted me today to say during a Ford update meeting today they were notified of various "over-the-air" Mach-E software updates due to take place over the course of May, which includes navigation enhancements & Apple CarPlay dynamic resizing of the app - plus other stuff which will ready the system for future larger updates. Even if I get the OTA updates they have agreed to still update all other available updates via FDRS. Hopefully those who haven’t had an OTA update yet will shortly be getting one ☝
Well, I got my first OTA Power-Up today (first since Jan ‘21). It’s Power-Up 1.3.0 with ECall software update #21C16!!! Didn’t realise I was on such an old version. Sync was updated too to 21139_PRODUCT Revision: 263. Still taking my vehicle in to dealer to update all modules on FDRS next Thursday. Does look like Ford is finally rolling out updates though. Anyone still on 1.3.0 or is it just me 😢?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
It's our 40th wedding anniversary today so we decided to go to our old stomping ground in Maidenhead. Saw the first MME on the road that I have waved to who actually waved back. Hooray. So if you own a black 71 plate AWD and were down by the Riverside Gardens about 1345, then thankyou.

MikeC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e EXT AWD
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
It's our 40th wedding anniversary today so we decided to go to our old stomping ground in Maidenhead. Saw the first MME on the road that I have waved to who actually waved back. Hooray. So if you own a black 71 plate AWD and were down by the Riverside Gardens about 1345, then thankyou.
A very happy and wonderful wedding anniversary to you both. Year wise we are not that far behind you, hope you had a wonderful day and many more years to come. 🍷🎉🍹🍾🍺🥃🥂

AzumA

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RWD Space White
Occupation
General Manager
Country flag
Just had a text from my dealer to say car has arrived in Liverpool, (don't know why as dealership in in St Helens, only a few miles away) You might recall on same boat as yours to Antwerp which car was discharged from on 29th March. I thought it was somewhere between Antwerp and Dagenham so nice little surprise.
Just had a chat with my dealer, apparently my vehicle is currently showing as DAG TOPS - now just waiting for them to transport to the dealer this week, which i'm hoping means i'll (finally) have my MME in the next couple of weeks :D

Any news on when yours will be ready to collect?

Last edited:

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Just had a chat with my dealer, apparently my vehicle is currently showing as DAG TOPS - now just wanting for them to transport to the dealer this week, which i'm hoping means i'll (finally) have my MME in the next couple of weeks :D

Nearly there

Sapphocat

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Ext Range RWD
Occupation
Advertising Manager
Country flag
Just had a chat with my dealer, apparently my vehicle is currently showing as DAG TOPS - now just wanting for them to transport to the dealer this week, which i'm hoping means i'll (finally) have my MME in the next couple of weeks :D

Hi, 'whereismymache' states that it is at the dealers, they did say they would call this week to do final paperwork. Hopefully this is the last bit. No update via Ford though which is strange given the last email said 'we will inform you when the car arrives in the UK'

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Hi, 'whereismymache' states that it is at the dealers, they did say they would call this week to do final paperwork. Hopefully this is the last bit. No update via Ford though which is strange given the last email said 'we will inform you when the car arrives in the UK'
Don’t worry too much - I’d been driving my Mach-E for about 4 weeks last year before I got an email from Ford to say it had arrived at the dealers 🤣🤣🤣

AzumA

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RWD Space White
Occupation
General Manager
Country flag
Yeah, i'd more be inclined to listen to the dealer as they know more it seems via their vista system (once it arrives in the UK that is!)

Fingers crossed we'll both get further updates this week - seems you'll be getting yours before me, but i'm happy waiting another couple weeks for them to sort out plates etc.

As Grahame says "almost there"

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
Hi all,

I was looking for a bit of guidance on public/motorway charging 🤔

Have done a number of longer trips in the 11 months we've had our MME, but to date have always ended up staying somewhere with a fairly decent charger - so have only had to use the public charging network three times (BP once which was good, Shell once which was awful😨 and the M3 Fleet Services which were absolutely diabolical 😨😢)

We're heading from East Sussex down to deepest Devon later this month (to my brother who lives well off the beaten track) so I wondered if anyone could suggest/recommend good charging locations either on the A303/A30 part of the route or the alternate A31/A35/A30 route 🤞

All the EV apps show loads but it's difficult to judge the good from the bad! I've seen here (I think!) that Gridserve has upgraded all the chargers on the A30/M5 service area which looks good on the way down, but any thoughts on others would be much appreciated 👍

One final question, if the chargers are occupied how/where can you wait ....... what is the etiquette? Can you "check-in" to the charger to get your place in the queue?

Sorry for the somewhat naive question!

Thanks for any help,
David

PS: My car is currently having it's windscreen replaced, and the pano re-sealed and software updates applied - so hopefully will be ready for the next excursion 🤞
Sponsored