UK Customers

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD ER
Country flag
One for Wonkey here. I know it's not the weather for heated seats :) but can you test the seats for us. Is it still the silly slider for changing the temperature or is it now more intuitive i.e. just keep touching the icon rather than a slider?
Just bang them on auto. They seem to work well like that
Sponsored

MuckyMach-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e AWD Extended Range
Country flag
Hi everyone , I have been stuck on 1.71 power up update for about the last 6 weeks without any sync version number .

Has anyone had this issue successfully resolved by the dealer as i have seen some horror stories on forums about the updates not working and making the car unusable until they get a new module which could take some time to obtain .

What i dont what to do is put my car in and then not get it back for some time if this happens.

Finally , does anyone know if and when the alleged OTA fix for this has been produced by Ford yet . I keep on hearing soon or next month but it doesnā€™t seem to happen .

The update issue is a shame and annoying as i absolutely love the car despite this what really is a minor issue.
I had the same problem and took it into my dealer. I gave the dealer details of TSB 22-2150. After trying to update the APIM module a couple of times unsuccessfully, they implemented TSB 22-2150 and were then able to continue. Iā€™m now on 2.3.0 and very pleased. You donā€™t need the physical module replacing but the dealer will need to apply the fix. Click on my name and read my previous posts for more details and contact details for Ford if your dealer says they canā€™t help. Good luck.

Kezza Bee74

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e AWD Star White
Hands free tailgate, not a deal breaker but any hints/knack about making it work?
Currently doing a great impression of a Morris dancer behind the car šŸ˜‚
It worked in the dealership for the sales guy!
Thanks

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
Hands free tailgate, not a deal breaker but any hints/knack about making it work?
Thanks
I put my foot in the middle underneath and leave it there for 2-3 seconds and then it usually works. 9 times out of 10. Waving feet around does not work so well. I think you have to make sure that you're far enough away so you don't get hit on the chin. ;) Probably a sensor involved here to ensure this does not happen.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Thanks
I have the same issue, as I did with both my previous Kuga's. I think it is down to the fact that the sensor gets dirty and can't always detect your foot movement. It is recommended that you just move your foot front to back in the middle to activate it. I find that if I do side to side, going one way activates the sensor to open then going back the other way cancels that out and makes it think you want it to close.

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Thanks

Mine works best when I kick my foot underneath to the left of centre- pretty much under the green stripe on the number plate.

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I had the same problem and took it into my dealer. I gave the dealer details of TSB 22-2150. After trying to update the APIM module a couple of times unsuccessfully, they implemented TSB 22-2150 and were then able to continue. Iā€™m now on 2.3.0 and very pleased. You donā€™t need the physical module replacing but the dealer will need to apply the fix. Click on my name and read my previous posts for more details and contact details for Ford if your dealer says they canā€™t help. Good luck.

As I discovered (thanks to @Wonkey Donkey) and had it confirmed by the service manager at my dealer, 22-2150 is the US TSB. The european version (ie for us as well) is 22-2166. I'm waiting for a phone call when they are ready to do mine- maybe this week.

Attachments

Kezza Bee74

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e AWD Star White
Mine works best when I kick my foot underneath to the left of centre- pretty much under the green stripe on the number plate.
Donā€™t have a green plate but will give it a go! Iā€™m guessing itā€™s going to be hit and miss!

Kezza Bee74

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e AWD Star White
I have the same issue, as I did with both my previous Kuga's. I think it is down to the fact that the sensor gets dirty and can't always detect your foot movement. It is recommended that you just move your foot front to back in the middle to activate it. I find that if I do side to side, going one way activates the sensor to open then going back the other way cancels that out and makes it think you want it to close.
Will persevere, I can see me resorting to fob!

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Ok then, finally managed to speak to someone who can give me a definitive answer regarding the renewal of my Blue Oval Charge Card subscription.
It would appear that the subscription to the Blue Oval Charging Network is free. HOWEVER, if you want the cheaper rate (29p/kwh) instead of the guest rate (69p/kwh) on the Ionity network then you will have to pay a fee of Ā£149.00 p/yr. If you want the cheaper rates to BP Pulse then it will cost you Ā£7.85 p/month, which incidentally, is the same as a subscription membership with BP Pulse themselves.
I have only used Ionity once in the year that I have had my car and that was only because all the BP Pulse chargers at the Milton Keynes Coachway were full of local taxis. And that didn't go well either. At 40p/kwh extra I would have to "buy" about 372 kw/h (1302 miles @ 3.5m/kwh) worth of electricity over the year for it to be cost effective. Might be good for those who do the miles but not me. That's not going to happen so I don't think I'll bother with that. As I have a BP Pulse membership through work I will let my business pay the subscription for them and use that card.
When the delays were occurring back in the day for early adopters of job 1 cars our friends in the US got 2 x 250kw/h free charging. All we got was a crappy pair of B & O headphones (which mine never worked properly anyway) as an apology for the delays. You would have thought that they could have at least extended the memberships of the above instead.
The ONLY benefit left as I see it by using the Blue Oval Charging Network Card after Wednesday (for me) is that at least you can use the card for a few charge operators. My main go to charge operators up to now have been Gridserve and BP Pulse so at worse I only have 1 extra card, my bank card for contactless with Gridserve. Oh the hardship. All I can say is that it is a good job that I still love my car, have a big smile every time I drive it and really enjoy my time in it. It's a shame it just happens to be linked to the FORD brand.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Thanks
Definitely donā€™t wiggle or wave your foot side to side. :)

The most effective method is a single straight line on/out with the foot in the centre of the bumper.

Also you need to have they key with with you. If your key is in your bag in the front of the car the hands free wonā€™t work. You have to use the button in that scenario.

Iā€™ve attached a demo video of my technique :)

Youā€™ll have it mastered in no time Iā€™m sure.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Definitely donā€™t wiggle or wave your foot side to side. :)

The most effective method is a single straight line on/out with the foot in the centre of the bumper.

Also you need to have they key with with you. If your key is in your bag in the front of the car the hands free wonā€™t work. You have to use the button in that scenario.

Iā€™ve attached a demo video of my technique :)

Youā€™ll have it mastered in no time Iā€™m sure.

Looks wet where you are or have you washed her already?

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
One for Wonkey here. I know it's not the weather for heated seats :) but can you test the seats for us. Is it still the silly slider for changing the temperature or is it now more intuitive i.e. just keep touching the icon rather than a slider?
Hey šŸ‘‹

This is how the 2022ā€™s heated seat controls work - basically the same as the 2021 :)

Sponsored