Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Why?

Haven't people got the message yet?

https://lichfieldlive.co.uk/2023/09/03/new-plans-submitted-for-a38-petrol-station-in-fradley/

Surely it should be a charging station so then the people opposing electric cars can see that more charging points are being provided and can't use the excuse that there's not enough public charging points. It will probably be closed by 2030 due to lack of demand.
Definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result; Building a filling station to replace one that closed because it wasnā€™t making it pay

I would have expected a condition of granting planning permission would be the inclusion for at least a few charge points with room for expansion.

Thing is, if itā€™s only full of charge points ATM it wonā€™t cover cost of refurb and provide a return on investment.

Have you seen how empty most charge stations are?

Save for the likes of Beaconsfield I wouldnā€™t even consider stopping at and one or two others which are notoriously busy, have you seen Stroud Park with 32 charge points; an amazing setup but never busy?

And have you noticed how those who tell you the most about EVs, usually how theyā€™ll never be a real prospect, are the people who know the least including the propagandist press who all have very limited experience?

With 65,000 miles in 26 mths I have absolutely no problem with charging infrastructure that Iā€™m repeatedly being told is insufficient.

ZapMap informs where the charge points are located and the individual providersā€™ Apps give live data on availability.

I NEVER arrive at a site where charge points are out of order or are busy, never disappointed, never queue.

I probably bought c5,000kWh of go-go juice from DCFC points!

If they want to know, they should ask somebody who doesšŸ™‹ā€ā™‚ļø

Mjsd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge
Country flag
Hi guys
Any ideas how to find out how much will be to buy another year extended warranty?
My dealer donā€™t offer extended warranty after 60 days of purchase, Ford canā€™t give me a price if is more than 90 days of manufacturing warranty exp. Date.
I need to decide to buy a new car or to keep this for a bit.
Donā€™t want to keep this without warranty. But if I change the car probably I need about 6 months from order to delivery.

Edge2MME

First Name
Lorenzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Ed
Country flag
was looking to do the same and when I checked in June Ford Protect was quoting Ā£523 per year or Ā£43.60 per month. they will quote after 2 years and 1 months of the registration date so I am currently waiting till December before I can take it up and carry the extended warranty in June 2024 after my initial 3 year mftr warranty period.

and just realised you were asking for your Ford Edge, try Motoreasy they should be able to quote

Mjsd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge
Country flag
was looking to do the same and when I checked in June Ford Protect was quoting Ā£523 per year or Ā£43.60 per month. they will quote after 2 years and 1 months of the registration date so I am currently waiting till December before I can take it up and carry the extended warranty in June 2024 after my initial 3 year mftr warranty period.

and just realised you were asking for your Ford Edge, try Motoreasy they should be able to quote
Sorry I just realised that the car in my profile still my previous car.
Iā€™m asking for my MME /2 years and 3 months old/Spoke with Ford Protect this morning and was told they cannot give me a real quote till 3 months before my warranty expired.

Last edited:

Edge2MME

First Name
Lorenzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Ed
Country flag
The online quote gives you 6 months from now to select a start date, The example attached allows me to start the cover in March but I have to wait just a little over 3 months for a date that doesn't overlap my existing warranty period.

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers Screenshot 2023-09-05 163824

unsis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes GLC
Country flag
Hi, does anyone know when the LFP battery variant comes to UK?

Mjsd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge
Country flag
P
The online quote gives you 6 months from now to select a start date, The example attached allows me to start the cover in March but I have to wait just a little over 3 months for a date that doesn't overlap my existing warranty period.

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers Screenshot 2023-09-05 163824
Thank you
My quote is a bit more than what I expected for 1 year extended warranty - 872.40
I will try again in 2 months time but if stay same I will change the car. All ready book viewing for EV9 on Monday

Greymache

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e RWD extended
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I went to EV9 viewing a couple of weeks ago - I have to say I was very impressed

ocr_salty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
I went to EV9 viewing a couple of weeks ago - I have to say I was very impressed
Though the EV9 is too big for my needs I am very keen on the EV6 as my next EV, especially given the range it provides.

Saltire

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
So after getting no OTAs at all despite my dealer manually updating to 2.3 many months ago after being stuck on 1.6... I reached out to Ford and I was told that my car has an outstanding FSA 22B08 - Electronic control module recovery - service program. Apparently this has been outstanding since March but my dealer did not pick up on it when it was serviced in June...

I have been asked to reach out to the dealer for this and it will apparently allow OTAs to start again. If you haven't received any updates may be worth looking into if you are in the same situation!

Saltire

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Hasn't been confirmed but I think I've got the same problem. Car goes in on Friday but nicely/ominously Ford have given me a rental for up to 5 days. I assume that means they expect parts required but I have to be honest since raising the issue of no OTA updates Ford Customer Service have been outstanding. Called me every couple of days to make sure I got booked in ok, to have a tech ready to support the diagnostics and the unprompted offer of the rental for as long as needed. Will also be phoning me Friday pm to give me a full update on the diagnostic and what's needed. 10/10 so far for service and communication!
Oh and they will pay for any petrol I use whilst the car is in the garage.

Ginja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Considering
Country flag
Hi All, prospective UK owner here, looking for guidance. I'm considering a GT. Using the 48 hour test drive offer I have driven a '21 SR and a '23 AWD LR and I also had a 20m drive out in a GT. GT was much more connected with the ground and just felt better. I've read the last 30 or so pages of this thread so have some insight into the quirks, but wondered if there was anything I should be looking out for? I imagine a late '22 car would be better for the battery circuit issue - or is this not the case? I definitely value the frunk button - but it seems most cars are getting this? Any real 'gotchas'? Thanks!

gremmers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 AWD SR
Country flag
Hi All, prospective UK owner here, looking for guidance. I'm considering a GT. Using the 48 hour test drive offer I have driven a '21 SR and a '23 AWD LR and I also had a 20m drive out in a GT. GT was much more connected with the ground and just felt better. I've read the last 30 or so pages of this thread so have some insight into the quirks, but wondered if there was anything I should be looking out for? I imagine a late '22 car would be better for the battery circuit issue - or is this not the case? I definitely value the frunk button - but it seems most cars are getting this? Any real 'gotchas'? Thanks!
The real "gotcha" is that the car is already outdated for an EV.
It charges comparatively slow and the app/software is rubbish.

My biggest issue is the ride quality. It's very bouncy and rough, completely under engineered for the weight. I've done 25k miles and it's a bone shaker on all but perfect roads.

Wynter

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT
Occupation
Cloud Engineer
Country flag
Iā€™ve had my GT for almost a year, covering 16000 miles. The slower charging isnā€™t really much of an issue, Iā€™ve found 20 - 30 minutes will see it to 80%. The ride is pretty much what I expected considering the wheels / tyres, and certainly isnā€™t any worse than my last, a GLA45s. The UI is typical of a traditional car manufacturer, itā€™s laggy, so itā€™s no loss using CarPlay, or Android auto.

My only gripe with the car, is how far behind update wise, we are, compared to the US, and the cold weather range isnā€™t the greatest ( I get about 200 miles ), but other than that, itā€™s the most fun car Iā€™ve had in a long while.
Sponsored