Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Ok, I just have to say it, how many toddlers or young kids can even read to use the button? Are we expected ro teach them if your brother locks you in, push this button? That’s inviting a use case.
Sponsored

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I don't think there's any fiction here, and I don't think a dead battery is the issue since that would also prevent the frunk from opening in the first place for a kid to climb in.

We're missing some key pieces of the story, but so far, it makes perfect sense. Hopefully, whatever the regulatory issue is with the electronic frunk releases will be resolved, and they'll enable it in a future update. Of course, it will likely be too late to get a frunk button on the fob by then.
Give the customer the option.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
You guys are talking like Ford has a choice and purposely trying to just screw 'you'. Base on what's been said, its most likely some government regulation that is forcing Ford to jump thru hoops. Either the rules changed or the development team misunderstood the rules. Either way they were forced to add the divider and disable the remote frunk control. No point trying to argue common sense since its not like you are going to convince the big brother to see your point of view.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Several people asked for more details during the Ford Q&A a few days ago. They responded that an OTA update is anticipated to enable the functionality, and that the dividers are needed in the meantime to comply with safety requirements. I think we have more discussion/prognostication on it in the other thread if you want to read more on it.
so obvious question. I saw that it is screwed in. I do not have toddlers. At fist I was thinking maybe this would be good for grocery shopping but not sure. If you unscrew it is it going to ugly with holes everywhere???

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
so obvious question. I saw that it is screwed in. I do not have toddlers. At fist I was thinking maybe this would be good for grocery shopping but not sure. If you unscrew it is it going to ugly with holes everywhere???
I recall seeing a picture without the divider and looked like there were plastic plugs where the hole is/was.
Sponsored