JDRGolfer1

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
You'll probably squeeze in under the wire - from what I've heard the shutdown is from today (12/23) through to monday the 4th
Highly unlikely they shutdown for that long with the current situation. That would be a typical shutdown during normal circumstances without a huge backlog and without Covid.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There has to be a better way... It would take less time to drive it home from Mexico.
It would, to move just one. But they're moving thousands, which takes a lot of manpower and resources, in the middle of COVID, competing with everything else for COVID-diminished manpower and resources.

I also suspect that 4-6 weeks leans more toward a worst case date. Under-promise with hopes of over-delivering. I'm seeing that with Amazon a lot now too. It'll say next Saturday but then show up this Wed.

It's all so fluid that no one can really predict an accurate delivery date.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
My fears confirmed: there was an update on my build last Wednesday with window sticker and entering production but dealer says nothing has updated on their end since the 16th. Doubt mine has even hit the body shop yet.

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
My fears confirmed: there was an update on my build last Wednesday with window sticker and entering production but dealer says nothing has updated on their end since the 16th. Doubt mine has even hit the body shop yet.
Cough cough ... Excuse me

Ford Mustang Mach-E Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico 1608737835043

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico 1608737835043
I’ve been without a car since November and Ford has been great and gave me a loaner in the meantime. I’ll make sure to let everyone know who put me on the naughty list when I have to release my reservation after all this ? LOL

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
I’ve been without a car since November and Ford has been great and gave me a loaner in the meantime. I’ll make sure to let everyone know who put me on the naughty list when I have to release my reservation after all this ? LOL
And would that be? Who the $%^# is trutolife. Or should I say who the #^$% is Schafer?

:eek:

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag

but really it would be hilarious if you could actually zap peoples cars off the line. Just waving them off with flick of your hand ?

of course I can’t imagine the legal repercussions and absolutely awful PR that would come from a Ford employee screwing with people’s orders because of online grudges...but it’s still funny to imagine that world.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
It is not point to point delivery. Probably some custom checks and inventory processing. It is also going to a off loading area then spread out to various places.
I also suspect the time is long to account for the backlog in shipments
Sponsored