machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Well from what we've seen from across the country that places them among the majority of Mach E dealers.
No kidding, when I was at the MACH-E event it was clear that they knew little and were willing to make stuff up. Now getting closer to pickup I am finding they are not clear on the "Ford options". My dealer told me I wouldn't get the tax break and still has not confirmed the incentives. I sent a snapshot of Ford's webpage and told them to go study it for the sake of the other customers. I told them I will come prepared with what I need to know on my own (thanks to this forum). I think we have posted to death about dealers, not going to change them overnight. What we have so far in terms of the sale has been so much better for me than prior dealings.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I assume they change at least once a month, and the dealer probably doesn't want to get quoted with something that might not be valid anymore by the time his vehicle is ready for pickup. Does seem like he should be able to give some preliminary worse case numbers.
Have you tried using the calculator on the website?

Daniel M

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
Everyone that I have asked is honestly clueless. I called my guy at Galpin because my car is due in 13 days. They said they have zero ideas about financing today. There are zero incentives today however that can change in a minute. Until the car actually hits the dealer there is nothing known about financing. They think mine will be the first of their over 200 on order.

In short I would not believe anyone until they have gotten to finance. I will post when I go through it. They did say that there is a real lease but cannot apply tax credit. Now that is today.
200?!? Damn, I thought yours and mine were going to be only a couple of the handful in the area ;)

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
200?!? Damn, I thought yours and mine were going to be only a couple of the handful in the area ;)
Everyone that I have asked is honestly clueless. I called my guy at Galpin because my car is due in 13 days. They said they have zero ideas about financing today. There are zero incentives today however that can change in a minute. Until the car actually hits the dealer there is nothing known about financing. They think mine will be the first of their over 200 on order.

In short I would not believe anyone until they have gotten to finance. I will post when I go through it. They did say that there is a real lease but cannot apply tax credit. Now that is today.
It's documented on Ford's website, RCL (Red Carpet Lease) or "Ford Options". If you go with RCL no tax break, if you go with the "Ford Options" you get the tax break and an incentive which in many areas is at least $1000 or $2500. There is a thread on this as well.

If you are using the X-PLAN you can see the incentives are still 3-31-21. Finance rates look really good, I think I am going that direction.

Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 7.32.47 PM.png

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Well from what we've seen from across the country that places them among the majority of Mach E dealers.
EXACTLY. You cannot go by the Ford website. Incentives change daily. So far what?? 3 cars sold in Dallas?? You cannot go by a website. The manager at Galpin is HIGHLY intelligent. Dealing with in excess off 200 MME I trust him. He is NOT going to commit to anything until he knows for sure which will likely be when I get my car.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Have you tried using the calculator on the website?
Nah, I figure it would only be good for an estimate and I always do an estimate outside the car dealer. That way I know if I should arrange financing elsewhere or go with the dealer, and the dealer knows not to bother with an offer of anything less attractive or I'll finance elsewhere.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I disagree. I am buying an FE with a value of $60,000. I am buying it because of the car and the Ford incentives. VERY few people look at the tax credit as it is
1. not guaranteed
2. does not impact the monthly car payment.

In short the tax credit assuming you get to use it is just cash after the fact. When people buy a car, tax credit or no credit, they are buying it based on the monthly price. Can I afford this or not??? I do not know of a single person who calculates the POSSIBLE tax consequences. Yes I am self employed so like others we look at the impact of how much can we write off etc., but the tax credit is not even computed until likely October. Most self employed people file in October rather than on April 15. As such it is silly to even calculate what the tax might be.
I couldn't disagree more. The $7500 federal tax credit (plus another $2500 in my state) is a HUGE part of my purchase decision. And by comments here for the last year, most people.

And I know my tax situation well enough to know I'll qualify for all of it. For people that can afford to lay out $60k for a car purchase, I betcha many others do too.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
EXACTLY. You cannot go by the Ford website. Incentives change daily. So far what?? 3 cars sold in Dallas?? You cannot go by a website. The manager at Galpin is HIGHLY intelligent. Dealing with in excess off 200 MME I trust him. He is NOT going to commit to anything until he knows for sure which will likely be when I get my car.
True anything can change, until one is actually signing the paperwork one won't know the final numbers. However the APR with financing will not change until 3-31 and the MSRP with our without the X-Plan (or the others) will be the same. Any additional incentives as your dealer is saying will come and go.

What am I missing here, just trying to learn?

Leasing APR changes is my guess or additional $ savings?

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
If you go with RCL no tax break...
When I leased the Honda Clarity, the $7,500 went towards the down payment as the leaser takes the tax credit. Why is Ford's Red Carpet Lease different?

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
When I leased the Honda Clarity, the $7,500 went towards the down payment as the leaser takes the tax credit. Why is Ford's Red Carpet Lease different?
Ford is keeping the TAX credit, they are the title owner.

Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 8.11.37 PM.png

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Ford is keeping the TAX credit, they are the title owner.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 8.11.37 PM
Well, that sucks. Why would I give Ford that? Obviously, they want to force people to Ford Options or Standard Purchase. Too bad, since it would really move the cars.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Well, that sucks. Why would I give Ford that? Obviously, they want to force people to Ford Options or Standard Purchase. Too bad, since it would really move the cars.
The title holder gets the tax break. Works that way on all other EV leases where the tax credit is still available.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The title holder gets the tax break. Works that way on all other EV leases where the tax credit is still available.
Yup, however It can depend on who you are buying from as some will offer it into the deal. So you don't file for it or get it in full, they work it part of the deal since they know they will be getting it. RCL as it's written was not designed for this so I guess Ford created a special option just for the MME. To me it looks the same as a lease like offer but allows for the buyer to take the tax credit. Not sure how I see this as a bad thing? There does not appear to be much downside going with Ford Options over a traditional RCL. Of course I am hearing there is a residual factor downside and that might make going with RCL even less attractive. This is where it gets foggy for me and I need to study it closer.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Well, that's why they initially didn't have a lease in the first place. People bitched so much about the percentage of the balloon payment at the end (aka the residual), Ford finally decided to do a lease.

The options plan is a hybrid/compromise: YOU get the tax break, and you have 3 choices at the end of the loan: return the car (like a lease), trade any equity in on another car, or pay cash/refinance the balloon amount.
Sponsored