trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Few off-topic items.

1. Whoever your dealer is. I would make sure before they get the car, they don't try to put their dealer badge on it. Some dealers won't try it, while others you know will try.
Who wants a john doe dealership badge. Thing sucks trying to get off also.

2. If your thinking of doing a ceramic coat, or vinyl wrap. You might want the dealer not to detail it before pick up or take off the wrapping. Best to let the first cleaning be done by the car place of your choice.

3. The vents for airflow can have a lot of build-up from bugs when driving. Best to use a pre-treatment to make cleaning that area easy. If not sucks trying to get that area clean.

Just my two cents.
Sponsored

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Few off-topic items.

1. Whoever your dealer is. I would make sure before they get the car, they don't try to put their dealer badge on it. Some dealers won't try it, while others you know will try.

2. If your thinking of doing a ceramic coat, or vinyl wrap. You might want the dealer not to detail it before pick up or take off the wrapping. Best to let the first cleaning be done by the car place of your choice.

3. The vents for airflow can have a lot of build-up from bugs when driving. Best to use a pre-treatment to make cleaning that area easy. If not sucks trying to get that area clean.

Just my two cents.
Thanks for the input - 1 & 2 were already on my list to speak with my dealer about. I've always been adamant about no dealer badges on my cars (I always tell them I'll happily advertise with a licence plate bracket for a few months). I did a ceramic coating on my last car and I'll probably do the same (plus or minus a front clear wrap) on the Mach-E. Hadn't though about telling them to leave wrappings/etc, but knew to let them know not to touch the paint.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag

Just my two cents.
You mean the vents allowing airflow to the battery?

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Few off-topic items.

Just my two cents.
Whenever I purchase a car I tell the dealer that I'll keep their dealer sticker on the car for a $1000 off the price. Stickers come off with water. Now badges that's a different story. "We don't need no stinking badges."

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
are these the number of car’s they want to build?
That one photo is the basis for the whole EV Bite blog post. So I'm not sure, but here's my assumption: This is Ford's communication to its resellers (dealerships) of how many saleable cars they expect to be headed from factories to dealership lots in those months.

...And what's the red X across the numbers signify?
EV Bite blurred out most of the slide content. Those aren't X's. They were ovals around numbers that the presenter was trying to focus his or her audience's attention towards.

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
From EVBite:

Projected wholesale volume for October: 3200, for November: 4000.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico 2020-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-Production-Estimates-1-scaled
Wow! If this is at all accurate, it looks like 10,000-12,000 cars through December. This is going to throw a wrench into all the guess-tamites.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Wow! If this is at all accurate, it looks like 10,000-12,000 cars through December. This is going to throw a wrench into all the guess-tamites.
There's so much we still don't know though. For instance, WHEN was this slide presented? Are these worldwide numbers or regional? What was on the NEXT slide, and so on. :)

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
There's so much we still don't know though. For instance, WHEN was this slide presented? Are these worldwide numbers or regional? What was on the NEXT slide, and so on. :)
I Know! Let's dive in! :)
Sponsored