Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicles
2015 Mustang Convertible, 2016 Dodge Durango
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Sync 1-3 were all way overcriticized. Literally every one of them was miles ahead of everything else on the road, bar none, when released. I still remember coworkers raving about Sync 1 in their new Fusions, and a friend being completely blown away by Sync 1 with Nav in my Fusion. The only valid criticism I ever saw was that they could be slow - MFT first release on the Explorer was really slow but that got better. And I have yet to find a better "home screen" after renting dozens of different vehicles than what MFT and Sync 3 have.

People rave about UConnect but you know what? Hit the voice button on there and say "call Mom." You know what it does? Call your mother, like on a Ford? No, it literally scolds you - "to use phone functions, press the phone button." Really, you steaming pile? You know exactly what I want and just don't want to do it? What a inexcusably awful experience. (Yes, you'll get used to having to context switch on the damn buttons.) That constant raving tells me the average car review is complete bullshit on tech stuff.
I have always been happy with the sync in my 2015; other than a phone update that screwed up bluetooth for a while, it has always worked well for me. The Uconnect in my wife's 2016 Durango is, as you say, not very good. I've suggested she see if an update is available, which she hasn't done. Just as an example of some silly issue: the thing takes forever to connect with the phone when the car first starts up, if you change the A/C from "max cold" to one notch warmer the rear A/C kicks on full blast, and every time she makes a call from the passenger seat and wants it not to be over the car speaker she has to transfer the call to the phone before and after the other person picks up. In general the whole UI design is squirrelly and it doesn't show simple things logically.

Anyway, I have a feeling sync4a will have growing pains the first year but all will get sorted out.

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicles
2019 Nissan Leaf Plus, 2018 GMC Canyon
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
I only use Pandora or a thumb drive for music so as long as I can get to those two I will be fine.

Kamuelaflyer

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicles
Tacoma, jeep, mach e (coming), Ford Raptor
Occupation
airline pilot
Country flag
People rave about UConnect but you know what? Hit the voice button on there and say "call Mom." You know what it does? Call your mother, like on a Ford? No, it literally scolds you - "to use phone functions, press the phone button."
So in other words instead of calling your Mom as requested, it acted like your Mom. When she was mad at you. Yeah, I don't want a car that does that. ;)

DaveRuns

Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Honda Accord: ORDERED: Mach E First Edition (Mach Drop -- From a Premium)
Country flag
Perhaps off-topic, but I was just thinking about it....does anyone know / confirm if the MME screen will have a "cleaning" feature (similar to Tesla where you can turn the screen off to clean it)?

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicles
Prior--Nissan Leaf, Now--Bolt EV Premier, On order--Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Perhaps off-topic, but I was just thinking about it....does anyone know / confirm if the MME screen will have a "cleaning" feature (similar to Tesla where you can turn the screen off to clean it)?
You mean like just turn the car off and clean it with the car (and thus screen) off?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicles
Mach-E FE reserved, Nissan Leaf, Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Since it's supposed to be a "mustang", in/out of the backseat shouldn't be easy :)
Or the front seat for that matter. It’s got to be better than getting in & out of the Mach E 1400!

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Reaction score
First Name
Mary
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
The Egress issue Jd power feels the front sits forward more. So you have to swing more to get out. Jd power did not like the slant of the roof getting in and out of the back seats. I think there are a few videos out there also saying have to duck getting in, but what car do you not have to duck for lol.

Handling was raved about also. really hugged the corners on the road.

Nothing to do with the seats or height of the driver. JD Power said the seats and ride are par none, better than tesla y or polestar 2. Jd power gave the seat 10 out of 10.

The rest will be solved with updates.

getting in and out watch the guy grab the top to get out at 6:30 mark. I didn't see what was so bad.

Dang This is just hurting more. I Want my Mach E!

mamejunkie

Reaction score
Vehicles
GLC, Scion xB
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
You mean like just turn the car off and clean it with the car (and thus screen) off?
6:00 News ~~~ "It happened again...5th accident this week on the local highway. Driver was attempting to clean the screen prior to the incident" :p

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed (on order), '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
Since it's supposed to be a "mustang", in/out of the backseat shouldn't be easy :)
That's why I say they should refer to it as a 4-Dr fastback instead of an SUV. Might make it an easier pill to swallow for the Mustang faithfuls.

DaveRuns

Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Honda Accord: ORDERED: Mach E First Edition (Mach Drop -- From a Premium)
Country flag
6:00 News ~~~ "It happened again...5th accident this week on the local highway. Driver was attempting to clean the screen prior to the incident" :p
what's the point of autopilot / co-pilot if you cant clean the damn screen while you're screaming down the highway?

Zandje

Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Passat GTE
Country flag
Related to the remark of JD Power on the little differentiation on the drive modes: does the MME have something like dynamic chassis control ?
Or are the driving modes just impacting steering, regeneration and non driving stuff like interior light and sound ?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicles
2015 Mustang Convertible, 2016 Dodge Durango
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Related to the remark of JD Power on the little differentiation on the drive modes: does the MME have something like dynamic chassis control ?
I don't think so; the non-GTs likely have a standard suspension. The GT might have this

Or are the driving modes just impacting steering, regeneration and non driving stuff like interior light and sound ?
Yes, although they also are implied to change acceleration behavior.

Last edited:

machefan

Reaction score
Vehicles
Leaf '18 and Jeep Wranger 17'
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Also off-topic, wonder if they will call it E-DAY when they hit the showrooms :) Anyone know the FORD story about E-Day?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edsel

Incase you can't think of it.

With that said I am sure they are really going to deliver a quality product that for the most part was driven by the consumer. I say driven because many of the ideas really came from another newer player on the block, who we all know who that is. Many of the things we are seeing now are a direct output of listening to the consumer. Lots of new ground for FORD since launching, online reservations, online ordering till the end and no funny business with the pricing. So they have my attention and appreciation for not doing it the OLD FORD way. I am sure they will have a successful MACHE-DAY and there after. So we are really close, a few months from now many will be hitting the streets. So please keep up the info here and this thread is my favorite right now.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Advertisement