Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
I only use Pandora or a thumb drive for music so as long as I can get to those two I will be fine.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
People rave about UConnect but you know what? Hit the voice button on there and say "call Mom." You know what it does? Call your mother, like on a Ford? No, it literally scolds you - "to use phone functions, press the phone button."
So in other words instead of calling your Mom as requested, it acted like your Mom. When she was mad at you. Yeah, I don't want a car that does that. ;)

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Perhaps off-topic, but I was just thinking about it....does anyone know / confirm if the MME screen will have a "cleaning" feature (similar to Tesla where you can turn the screen off to clean it)?

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Perhaps off-topic, but I was just thinking about it....does anyone know / confirm if the MME screen will have a "cleaning" feature (similar to Tesla where you can turn the screen off to clean it)?
You mean like just turn the car off and clean it with the car (and thus screen) off?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Since it's supposed to be a "mustang", in/out of the backseat shouldn't be easy :)
Or the front seat for that matter. It’s got to be better than getting in & out of the Mach E 1400!

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
The Egress issue Jd power feels the front sits forward more. So you have to swing more to get out. Jd power did not like the slant of the roof getting in and out of the back seats. I think there are a few videos out there also saying have to duck getting in, but what car do you not have to duck for lol.

Handling was raved about also. really hugged the corners on the road.

Nothing to do with the seats or height of the driver. JD Power said the seats and ride are par none, better than tesla y or polestar 2. Jd power gave the seat 10 out of 10.

The rest will be solved with updates.

getting in and out watch the guy grab the top to get out at 6:30 mark. I didn't see what was so bad.

Dang This is just hurting more. I Want my Mach E!

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
You mean like just turn the car off and clean it with the car (and thus screen) off?
6:00 News ~~~ "It happened again...5th accident this week on the local highway. Driver was attempting to clean the screen prior to the incident" :p

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
Since it's supposed to be a "mustang", in/out of the backseat shouldn't be easy :)
That's why I say they should refer to it as a 4-Dr fastback instead of an SUV. Might make it an easier pill to swallow for the Mustang faithfuls.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
6:00 News ~~~ "It happened again...5th accident this week on the local highway. Driver was attempting to clean the screen prior to the incident" :p
what's the point of autopilot / co-pilot if you cant clean the damn screen while you're screaming down the highway?

Zandje

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Passat GTE, MME AWD TP+ Lucid Red (2021)
Country flag
Related to the remark of JD Power on the little differentiation on the drive modes: does the MME have something like dynamic chassis control ?
Or are the driving modes just impacting steering, regeneration and non driving stuff like interior light and sound ?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Related to the remark of JD Power on the little differentiation on the drive modes: does the MME have something like dynamic chassis control ?
I don't think so; the non-GTs likely have a standard suspension. The GT might have this

Or are the driving modes just impacting steering, regeneration and non driving stuff like interior light and sound ?
Yes, although they also are implied to change acceleration behavior.

Last edited:

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Also off-topic, wonder if they will call it E-DAY when they hit the showrooms :) Anyone know the FORD story about E-Day?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edsel

Incase you can't think of it.

With that said I am sure they are really going to deliver a quality product that for the most part was driven by the consumer. I say driven because many of the ideas really came from another newer player on the block, who we all know who that is. Many of the things we are seeing now are a direct output of listening to the consumer. Lots of new ground for FORD since launching, online reservations, online ordering till the end and no funny business with the pricing. So they have my attention and appreciation for not doing it the OLD FORD way. I am sure they will have a successful MACHE-DAY and there after. So we are really close, a few months from now many will be hitting the streets. So please keep up the info here and this thread is my favorite right now.

Thank you!

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I don't think so; the non-GTs likely have a standard suspension. The GT might have this

Yes, although they also are implied to change acceleration behavior.
It's been stated that the drive modes change the accelerator responsiveness as well as regeneration. Our Leaf has standard and Eco modes. We usually drive in Eco. Switching out of Eco really makes a difference in acceleration.
Sponsored