Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
Sorry can someone translate FCTP in words please I wasn't able to , thank you.
Ford Courtesy Transportation Program (FCTP) Vehicles
In the case of the Mach-E they're using it to refer to dealer demo. Mach-Es, used for test drives, etc.
Sponsored

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ford Courtesy Transportation Program (FCTP) Vehicles
In the case of the Mach-E they're using it to refer to dealer demo. Mach-Es, used for test drives, etc.
Thank you

tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
So dealers are suppose to within the next to weeks put in the order for their fctp Mache. They are still in PP build phase at the plant and will start building the fctp by end of month.

He told me they are about two weeks behind but catching up. Final calls this week from dealers, last chance to turn reservations into orders.

No problems with the builds in pp phase no water leaks all test came back fine and perception robots are working.

Getting in the new amount of batteries needed seems to be the main concern at this time.
I-Pace production in Germany was put on hold earlier this year because of a delay in batteries from Poland which I believe is same Ford source. Batteries may well be what upends the Ford production schedule, especially if Ford uses a tight "just in time" production schedule.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
... Batteries may well be what upends the Ford production schedule, especially if Ford uses a tight "just in time" production schedule.
Meh. That's what FedEx is for. 30% battery charge or less. Feeder flight to Köln, Consolidated then off to CDG, then a nonstop flight to Memphis, another non-stop to Mexico City. Truck to the factory. 2 days door to door. All set. What's a super premium shipping bill matter when you could be building our cars? ;)

Help keep my retirement in the green. :p

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
since your in pp stage now how much longer will that be? you have any new pics of the mache there? your only one with all the info hope not bugging ya. Your just the man in the know.
8:49 PM

It’s broken up but it’ll be done at the end of this month. J1 on 9/28 confirmed by dearborn today.

Awesome job one best news of the day
1f44f.png

I can get the pics, sat in a nice one today in HLA audit

headlamps on this thing are kicking my ass

Why?

Horizontal adjusters for the export lamps don’t work
For NA we only care about vertical low beam
1f60a.png

Oh I see

So sucks to be Europeans wanting a Mach-E right now they might get pushed back unless fixed.

The lighting in the car that changes color like blue orange and different colors. How bright is it?

The interior ambient lights? Pretty bright good visibility
The sound system is fucking glorious

biggest issues have been exterior ornamentation fits and software, nothing leaves off the line unless software is 100% they want the cars shipped no problems, not like tesla y.

Our batteries come from South Korea

Did not know that

The modules are LG Chem,They supply Tesla too

Sounds like your plant is doing better on supplies and covid 19 then here at truck plant

yeah if you get any cool pics send my way be awesome to see what it looks like down there and not on a youtube video

I got you

we can out to eat one night when your back with the wife's my treat

We’ll take my Mach-E and you can drive

Great man.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So if I follow that right, "Job #1" (whatever that actually means) has been moved up from Oct 26 to Sept 28? So, the whole timeline is moved up 4 weeks?!? ??

Also, it says batteries are from S Korea. But shouldn't that really say "from a S Korean company"? (LG Chem, but the plant in Poland.)

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So if I follow that right, "Job #1" (whatever that actually means) has been moved up from Oct 26 to Sept 28? So, the whole timeline is moved up 4 weeks?!? ??

Also, it says batteries are from S Korea. But shouldn't that really say "from a S Korean company"? (LG Chem, but the plant in Poland.)
Yes J1 is job 1. And they have batteries in south Korea and china also . Ford is getting the bulk from south Korea now he said

Calvin4000

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Harley Livewire, BMW 1250GS
Occupation
System Engineer
Country flag
So sucks to be Europeans wanting a Mach-E right now they might get pushed back unless fixed.
It sucks... no wonder why we cannot even finalized our orders... bad luck... :oops:

Last edited:

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Wow...J1 on 9/28. If production rate is ~1500 / week and everyone in front of me converted to orders, mine will be in production in mid November. May get it by XMas...I though I was was on the naughty list, but guess Santa lower the bar. ?

Avant black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault MĂ©gane Estate
Country flag
Bad luck for European customers. In Holland first of all delivery in 2021 (so missing a tax advantage) and probably further delay cause issue with headlight adjusters...
But car looks gorgeous, so it should be worth the wait!

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Been trying to get a little more clarity on what "Job 1" actually means. Found this from a Ford rep on another website:

In general, Job 1 just tells you the beginning of production for any given vehicle model year. Job 2 is sometimes initiated if there are mid-model year updates that are needed or offered on the product.

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Been trying to get a little more clarity on what "Job 1" actually means. Found this from a Ford rep on another website:

In general, Job 1 just tells you the beginning of production for any given vehicle model year. Job 2 is sometimes initiated if there are mid-model year updates that are needed or offered on the product.
Sorry, yes job 1 is the very much the first job that will be going out for sale.

Everyone back to work now?

They have now have second shift reporting start of September also 1 month earlier. Ford has called in extra people down to Cuautitlan Assembly to get everything ironed out.

Wish the management here would go away, plant manager is only an LL4 here and I tell him to fuck off all the time. They’re so disrespectful to foreigners here
Yep 2nd shift starts next month
They’re only running 4 days a week once they get going not 5.

Are you gonna put ice and beer in your frunk??

better then shrimp
lol
i saw the pic i was like why not beer damn shrimp
it has a drain plug for the cold beer.

I’m requesting mine has ice and tequila in there when I pick it up
Damn straight

Yeah this one is especially intense, it’s an electric Mustang SUV being launched in a foreign country and COVID protocol just has everyone more pissed off

has absentee been high?

No because it’s just launch mode, Slow, perfect quality builds, Dearborn wants no problems with this launch. To much riding on this for ford.
Won’t be a problem here anyways workers take it more seriously than life, not many jobs pay what ford pays them down here. They truly love working for ford.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Really appreciate all the updates! We've all been kinda desperate for info over the last 9 months while anxiously waiting for our MMEs. Feels like a mini Christmas morning whenever news comes out. ?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yep 2nd shift starts next month
They’re only running 4 days a week once they get going not 5.
So, if that's referring to production, and previous info said 256 vehicles/day, we're talking about 1000/week now rather than 1500?
Sponsored