OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
So, if that's referring to production, and previous info said 256 vehicles/day, we're talking about 1000/week now rather than 1500?
I would say so I will ask him again today. But the first weeks numbers will be all over the place. they wont be hitting 100% job target. Most assembly plants target around 97% off the end of the line in rolls department, and end up between 90% to 97%.,
First couple weeks line speed will be slower and slowly speed up tell at full speed. Many of the time during launch, the main lines, Trim, Chassis, frame, are waiting for parts from sub assembly lines. It will all be ironed out but I know first few weeks are hard and everyone will be trying not to stop the line.
Sponsored

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
So, if that's referring to production, and previous info said 256 vehicles/day, we're talking about 1000/week now rather than 1500?
I would guess starting the second shift a month earlier (beginning of September) should increase the output some.

I wonder if having the assembly line run on only 4 days a week, if these are then 10 or 12 hour shifts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would guess starting the second shift a month earlier (beginning of September) should increase the output some.

I wonder if they running only 4 days a week, if these are 10 or 12 hour shifts.
Don't know 11.5 with lunch i would say is max. but down there is different from union up here.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Don't know 11.5 with lunch i would say is max. but down there is different from union up here.
My source indicated workers spend time on both assembly line and in stamping, so days may be shorter than that and working more days, split between the two parts of the plant.

Thanks for these updates. It's good for early deliveries but they'll either have to increase days the line runs or go to three shifts to hit 50,000. I'll update my guesstimates now.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Love hearing the concern about quality. That sounds great.

Thanks for all the updates! We should all owe your friend a beer and fill up that frunk!

But that plant manager must be a piece of work. :)

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Drum roll................................. Job number 1 confirmed for September 28th. The goal is to (try) to have all the first edition built by last week of October. At that rate you can do the math how many premium models we might see by December.

He does not know yet the ratio of how many premium will be (blended) in with the first editions.

Time table from the day your vin is built to its at your dealer suppose to be three to four weeks. Depended on weather, and scheduling, and transportation.

Johnny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium SR AWD, Buick Enclave
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
Drum roll................................. Job number 1 confirmed for September 28th. The goal is to (try) to have all the first edition built by last week of October. At that rate you can do the math how many premium models we might see by December.

He does not know yet the ratio of how many premium will be (blended) in with the first editions.

Time table from the day your vin is built to its at your dealer suppose to be three to four weeks. Depended on weather, and scheduling, and transportation.
Interesting.....I think I read somewhere else on this forum that Job 1 on 9/28 will be the FCTP cars, which didn't seem to jive with the dealer bulletin.

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag

not 3-4 weeks if you live in Europe ;) then +6-10 weeks after it left the factory for boat trip and custom checks

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag

Cool that #1 should be mine after I paid some guy on the internet $500 for the first one.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Should I ask if there will be a smattering of CA Rt1's or Selects in that list or will it all be premiums??

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
You never know. Complete random guess here but maybe test drives early November, in my new car for Thanksgiving.

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes about about 1300 unless they step up production but that was not scoped out amigo
You better get down there and crack the whip Lol
Rob
i wish i could
when do u leave from there

Go back down this weekend for 3 weeks
Rob
got ya. i wonder how many will really make it to usa before end of year

Few thousand. we got OKTB, so we’re good.
Rob
do you think there will be 10,000 mache e in usa by end of December?

Dude that’s pushing a lot of volume
Rob
that is what i thought, after I saw Dearborn's report.

My guess is 3000 to 5,000 shipped and on the lot and sold by end of December.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
This matches what I've heard too. MP1 = FCTP and company cars starts Sept 28. MP2 = customer units starts Oct 26th. With the ok to buy date (signoff to allow dealers to sell vehicle to customers) being in the last week of November.

In order to reconcile the 3-4 weeks from production to delivery I'm working backwards from the ok to buy date, which I've heard is the last week of November. If it was true that they were making the First Editions in MP1 (end of Sept) then those vehicles would have to sit on the factory lot for 4 weeks before shipping (production beginning at end of Sept, shipping out end of Oct to have 4 weeks before the ok to buy date at the end of Nov).

I think it's more likely that the customer units will start production at the end of Oct for first deliveries at the end of Nov (3-4 weeks from prod to delivery), rather than having the vehicles sit for a month.

My speculation: since the CA Rt1 and Selects are now said to start deliveries in 2020, and are probably a low number of units anyway, it would not hurt to mix them in with the Premiums.

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This matches what I've heard too. MP1 = FCTP and company cars starts Sept 28. MP2 = customer units starts Oct 26th. With the ok to buy date (signoff to allow dealers to sell vehicle to customers) being in the last week of November.

In order to reconcile the 3-4 weeks from production to delivery I'm working backwards from the ok to buy date, which I've heard is the last week of November. If it was true that they were making the First Editions in MP1 (end of Sept) then those vehicles would have to sit on the factory lot for 4 weeks before shipping (production beginning at end of Sept, shipping out end of Oct to have 4 weeks before the ok to buy date at the end of Nov).

I think it's more likely that the customer units will start production at the end of Oct for first deliveries at the end of Nov (3-4 weeks from prod to delivery), rather than having the vehicles sit for a month.

My speculation: since the CA Rt1 and Selects are now said to start deliveries in 2020, and are probably a low number of units anyway, it would not hurt to mix them in with the Premiums.
I can't say all that like that For (certain reason), but some how your are correct lol.
Sponsored