Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
I am still dumb founded that many buyers ordered $50K to $60K Mustang Mach-E’s / GT’s without ever actually seeing one in person. They only had pictures, videos and specs and still made the decision.

And still they ordered after a pandemic and economic shut down in some parts of the country.

Ford knew what they were doing when they took one of the Crown Jewels of the company and used the Mustang name to make this EV launch.
Sponsored

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
At 1300 cars per week the last of the 70,000 cars will roll off the assembly line in the second week of January 2022. I sincerely appreciate the information you're providing and the real service you're doing for your employer. But Ford's senior management are the ones that now need to be explaining a real delivery timeline to their customers. The post-pandemic one has been blown to hell.
Ok have a meeting tomorrow. team huddle here is the pic. I need one person by 700am to have list of questions I can submit on the mache. I don't know what or if they will be answered but I will try to stick my neck out a little more to get them answered.

Please someone put them all in one so I don't have to track 50 questions down. Usually, Dearborn is good about answering some.

ford meeting.png

meeting global.png

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Don't stick your neck out, you didn't create this problem. It's not really worth it. We will all get over it.

If you ask anything, I’d simply ask when Ford's MME customers can expect a realistic timeline for deliveries or an announcement on delays -- if any. And phrase that as neutral as possible. Put it in terms of due to how popular the MME has proven to be so far ... etc.

Last edited:

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Seriously, Rob... It's your call obviously, but if I were you I wouldn't take any questions from us. You've stuck your neck out too far already. Satisfying a few Internet strangers isn't worth your livelihood.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Yeah. Yes, it will. Or at the very least it'll make Tesla look rather competent

There's no good that can come out of selling more cars than you can deliver no matter the model breakdown -- not to this extent anyway...

Ford is in a no-win scenario here. Congratulations. Those suck.

I think it's time that those of us without early reservation numbers stop worrying about when we might see our Mach-E's and start worrying about if we're going to see them.
Yes, I am starting to worry about whether I ever see mine. I can wait until July. After that, I am not so sure...

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
So I’m expecting my August 1 order (no rez) to be a MY2022 at this point.

How do you get from order number to your rough place in the queue.

My order number is 10369241 (for a premium LR AWD). That doesn't look anything like a number in the range 1..80,000.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I am still dumb founded that many buyers ordered $50K to $60K Mustang Mach-E’s / GT’s without ever actually seeing one in person. They only had pictures, videos and specs and still made the decision.

And still they ordered after a pandemic and economic shut down in some parts of the country.

Ford knew what they were doing when they took one of the Crown Jewels of the company and used the Mustang name to make this EV launch.
Remember that some number who made reservations have not converted to orders so the risk there is zero other than the small cost of Ford holding your reservation deposit for a while until you cancel the reservation. Some have converted to orders and have been told they can get their deposit back if they change their mind. Again zero risk. The biggest financial risk would be someone who converted to an order, paid a deposit, cancels and cannot get their deposit back. For most who can afford a near $60K car, that is not a huge risk. Heck, I have two ordered and do not even know if I will take the second one (and I will not even take the first one if the actual car turns out to be a dog instead of a pony--not expected). My dealer said he will refund my deposit if I don't want either or both cars so my total risk for two reservations/orders is zero (other than the time -value of the two $500 deposits I have paid and can get back if I cancel). And, of course, if it were to become known that cars won't even be delivered as 2021 model years, large numbers of cancellations could happen.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Country flag

My order number is 10369241 (for a premium LR AWD). That doesn't look anything like a number in the range 1..80,000.
My order number is 10106000 I don't think either one of us have a chance. This whole numbering system is really frustrating.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Seriously, Rob... It's your call obviously, but if I were you I wouldn't take any questions from us. You've stuck your neck out too far already. Satisfying a few Internet strangers isn't worth your livelihood.
Agree.
Am curious how many First Editions are now planned for NA vs EU/UK. Maybe it will come up during your meeting.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Ok have a meeting tomorrow. team huddle here is the pic. I need one person by 700am to have list of questions I can submit on the mache. I don't know what or if they will be answered but I will try to stick my neck out a little more to get them answered.

Please someone put them all in one so I don't have to track 50 questions down. Usually, Dearborn is good about answering some.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico meeting global

Ford Mustang Mach-E Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico meeting global
I would ask them if they have given any thought to a communication system for the customers who are waiting for their vehicles. Mention that with the extended waiting period, it might be good for marketing reasons to let people know what to expect or at least, let them know what not to expect. Generally speaking the more information customers get the longer they are likely to stick around. Leave them in the dark they start to get angry and that's when conspiracy theories begin.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag

That number is over the 80,000s reservation number - ordered after the orders opened up - so if the information plays out as said above, it will be very very late delivery - cant tell the order sequence/place /timing yet for any one at this time

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag

I preordered a Peugeot e2008 at the beginning of November 2019 when I had only saw pictures. When I saw the car (albeit the ICE version) in the flesh I still liked it. I only cancelled the order because I couldn't get the seats I wanted. I preordered the MME under the same circumstances. Liked the pictures, so did the wife. In March I saw the car in the flesh (albeit in LHD) on instantly knew I had made the correct decision. Had to upgade to get the seats/specs that I wanted but then you get what you pay for. I am prepared to stick this out to get what I want. For those of you who haven't seen the car in the flesh I would say that in my humble opinion you won't be disappointed

Calvin4000

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Harley Livewire, BMW 1250GS
Occupation
System Engineer
Country flag
In March I saw the car in the flesh (albeit in LHD) on instantly knew I had made the correct decision
We traveled to London, my wife and I, in March, just to see the car, touch it, sit in it, etc... I agree with you, we were not disappointed at all....

But with other brands presenting their BEV, I am not sure I would be able to wait until June next year without any more information... It is going one year soon we pre-ordered .... Our dream is fading away.... Ford (Marketing) should wake-up....

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
We traveled to London, my wife and I, in March, just to see the car, touch it, sit in it, etc... I agree with you, we were not disappointed at all....

But with other brands presenting their BEV, I am not sure I would be able to wait until June next year without any more information... It is going one year soon we pre-ordered .... Our dream is fading away.... Ford (Marketing) should wake-up....
The current estimate that I am working to is Q1. If I do have to wait longer than that then I might reevaluate the situation. I quite agree that Ford marketing need to wake up and listen to their customers. If they don't they will lose a lot

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
The only question I have at this point is if the First Editions will all actually be first off the line. It is especially important for those of us who had an early order timestamp (like me) and converted to a FE when the dealer gave me the opportunity. The regional sales Manager cancelled my Premium, so that ship and timestamp I guess has sailed. This goes along with letting your customers know what their expectations can be - information is power, and keeps your customers happy.

The lack of meaningful information from Ford - but putting energy instead into things like the "MachDrop" has pissed people off who have been waiting almost a year. One of our vehicles is on a lease that expires 12/14. I need to be able to plan as I wanted to turn that Escape in assuming I would have my Mach E by that time.
Sponsored