methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Yes: minimum service 4 months/4,000 miles, maximum 6 months/6,000 miles.
I do wonder, is there any other "rules" in place for those? IE - Could a dealer drive the heck out of the FCTP unit to get the 4,000 miles to then sell it with a large ADM, assuming it's there before any customer units are?

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I pretty much agree Tim.

In that rather unlikely event, FMC doesn't get to deliver that car to another Premium, Infinite Blue, AWD, ER, dark interior customer. My dealer gets to sell it (maybe).

I'd personally be quite happy without the demo cars and just moving people up though. :)
That is the disappointing part - say in total 500 customers test drive their ordered cars in 6 months of 2021 and say NO , those cars may be bought by people with no reservations etc but real order holders will still be waiting months - wish there was a better way to identify next in line customer anywhere in the country and make the offer to that person.

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The '97 F-150 went on sale January 1, 1996.
My 2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid went on sale April 1st, 2019 along with the 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid. A Very early introduction.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I think you forgot the marketing blitz that you can write a song using the sounds of an electric vehicle. For a solid month it was all about a 1400 HP vehicle that no one can purchase and resembles nothing you can. Then they switched to the music you can make from the sounds of their EV. You can draw from the song, however, if you listen to the lyrics closely it says Rocky29670 will receive their vehicle in March. ;)

Now that is funny; you actually think Tesla would be different, better? Best of luck on that with building quality, maintenance, parts etc. I would be looking to Hyundai, Nissan, VW etc. A company with corporate ethics.

What stops the dealer from doing exactly that with their demos? A Ford rule?
Did you just write “corporate ethics” and VW in the same paragraph? Really. You do remember what VW has done, right?

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Did you just write “corporate ethics” and VW in the same paragraph? Really. You do remember what VW has done, right?
I do and everyone is entitle to make mistakes, thank goodness. Oh just noted I wrote Tesla and that in the same paragraph. My bad.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I do and everyone is entitle to make mistakes, thank goodness. Oh just noted I wrote Tesla and that in the same paragraph. My bad.
True but VW did not make a mistake—they took an intentional unethical and illegal action. Definitely not a mistake.

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
True but VW did not make a mistake—they took an intentional unethical and illegal action. Definitely not a mistake.
The mistake was getting caught! It was deliberate fraud, not a mistake.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
That is the disappointing part - say in total 500 customers test drive their ordered cars in 6 months of 2021 and say NO , those cars may be bought by people with no reservations etc but real order holders will still be waiting months - wish there was a better way to identify next in line customer anywhere in the country and make the offer to that person.
Do you want the demo driven by 500 to 1000 people? Knowing that there will be some that will abuse it to see if its a true mustang and others will spread their germs in it. I want to meet by at the truck and drive away. Don't want to give anyone a chance to get in it.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Do you want the demo driven by 500 to 1000 people? Knowing that there will be some that will abuse it to see if its a true mustang and others will spread their germs in it. I want to meet by at the truck and drive away. Don't want to give anyone a chance to get in it.
I am not talking about dealer demos but customers who order and it gets delivered, test drive first time and say No I dont want it - Or cancels it even before delivery - I agree with your point if a dealer car has been offered up after lots of test drives etc as a new car

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I am not talking about dealer demos but customers who order and it gets delivered, test drive first time and say No I dont want it - Or cancels it even before delivery - I agree with your point if a dealer car has been offered up after lots of test drives etc as a new car
Alright, I miss understood your comments. Got it. I'm sure there will be plenty of those. One could always talk to their dealer about taking one that someone refuses to take delivery of to move up in the line rather than wait for theirs to come in. That is driven by the relationship someone has with said dealer.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Exactly. That's what I wrote in an earlier post. These demos are probably the only floor sale units dealers will get this year.
I think you are correct.
My dealer isn't expecting to get any floor sale vehicles for model year 2021 other than their single demo unit.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I would be VERY surprised if anyone DOESN'T buy the car they ordered after it arrives at their dealership. If/when my car arrives, I will inspect it for any shipping damage and if all looks good then I will proceed with the purchase. If I don't love it (for whatever crazy reason...), then I will sell it. Apparently these things are in demand. Haven't you heard? :)

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I would be VERY surprised if anyone DOESN'T buy the car they ordered after it arrives at their dealership. If/when my car arrives, I will inspect it for any shipping damage and if all looks good then I will proceed with the purchase. If I don't love it (for whatever crazy reason...), then I will sell it. Apparently these things are in demand. Haven't you heard? :)
I wonder if you take delivery and resell it right away. Who gets the federal tax credit?
Sponsored