Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
100% agree. When I reserved this I wasn't worried about charging. I had already researched home charging as well as fast charging to get to places I commonly go.

However, learning about charging curves and how big of an impact speed and temperature have on range was pretty eye opening.
Does this somehow relate the the purpose Im on this thread ?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Even for the MME, the 120V should be enough if you don't have a long commute. At least, I plan to try and live with a 120V at first as my sole charger. Before the pandemic, my roundtrip commute was 10 miles. At a few miles charge per hour, a 120V should still get me like 35-45 miles of range overnight.
That was originally my plan too, since we drive so little. But there probably will be times when we drive longer, or want to jack it up to 100% for a trip the next day, so I figured I'd likely add 240V at some point eventually. Then I remembered there's the 30% tax credit for doing it before the end of 2020, so I went ahead and did it now.

hiimisaac

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twofortyvolts.com
Vehicles
2019 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
That was originally my plan too, since we drive so little. But there probably will be times when we drive longer, or want to jack it up to 100% for a trip the next day, so I figured I'd likely add 240V at some point eventually. Then I remembered there's the 30% tax credit for doing it before the end of 2020, so I went ahead and did it now.
Good call. When I got my Model 3, I drove E V E R Y W H E R E because it was so much fun. With a heritage like Mustang, and an auto-manufacturer looking to capture some of the lightning that Tesla has, I have no doubts that this car will likely be an even more enjoyable daily driver. It seems like it's focused more on the driver and the personality of a mustang than it is to just get every drop of mileage out of the battery and to go as fast as possible. There's some character behind the wheel and I'm looking forward to that the most.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The way I read it was 7000 to 10000 total MME's to be built this calendar year (including FCTP vehicles). The remainder to be built beginning in 2021. Only a small portion of the orders will be delivered or even built this year. At least that's how I understood the comment, and similar ones @trutolife27 as made in the past.

If you look at the spreadsheet updates @ChasingCoral put up for the 50,000 car build, it might give you a better guess as to whether your particular vehicle will make it to your door this year.

Good luck. :)
The spreadsheets @Kamuelaflyer is referring to are in the Guesstimates thread. Here's the first post of the latest, V6: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/production-runs-line-output-guesstimates.1033/post-32277

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
If parts shortage and supplier constraints are a problem, have they thought about Home Depot??? :rolleyes:
Works for some companies ?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I’ll see about getting more this weekend but Cuautitlan is gearing up for mass production. Lots of stamping to get body parts ready. Mass Production 1 still planned for endOf the month, presumably FCTP units.

Body shop and battery assembly lines set to start MP1 on 9/14; paint shop on 9/17. Then the final assembly will be ready to make 420 MP1 units on 9/25.

Let’s hope for 99% quality!

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
Body shop and battery assembly lines set to start MP1 on 9/14; paint shop on 9/17. Then the final assembly will be ready to make 420 MP1 units on 9/25.
Sounds Great. I think Ford’s goal has always been to under promise and over deliver the Mach-E.

Starting that soon --- the 2,000 + NA Demos/FCTP should complete before the middle of Oct. and the 1,600 or so NA FE’s before the end of Oct.

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
after the FE do we really know for sure that people that actually reserved and converted to orders will actually get their MME first? Basically is this a first in first out situation?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
after the FE do we really know for sure that people that actually reserved and converted to orders will actually get their MME first? Basically is this a first in first out situation?
It's come up a lot. Basically if you converted your reservation into an order, you come before those that either didn't reserve or didn't order by the cutoff date. That date has been nebulous, but certainly you have to have an order in by 9/15 to make the first cut. Within that group, those with FE editions will be in front of the other models. Thereafter the consensus is that premiums come next, then rt1 & select, followed by GT's. Within each model reservation timestamp has precedence, followed by order date for those without reservations. What is unknown is how North Amercan vs European buyers mix together, as NA has initial preference