Pacecar

First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 mustang official pacecar , 2018 outlander phev
Country flag
Europe OKTB will likely be ~ 3 weeks after NA OKTB. They are not the same.
Why are you talking about Europe? I'm from Canada so I'm part of na oktb

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
So how does it work if someone does use it? Do you get compensated?
Say you had an 11.5 kWh EVSE. And someone came by to read a book in the driveway for 2 hours. The value of the story is probably more than the $3.25 cost of the electricity around here. Now if he did this every Saturday morning.....

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Say you had an 11.5 kWh EVSE. And someone came by to read a book in the driveway for 2 hours. The value of the story is probably more than the $3.25 cost of the electricity around here. Now if he did this every Saturday morning.....
Now, if she wants to come by every Friday night....

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I’ll see about getting more this weekend but Cuautitlan is gearing up for mass production. Lots of stamping to get body parts ready. Mass Production 1 still planned for endOf the month, presumably FCTP units.

Body shop and battery assembly lines set to start MP1 on 9/14; paint shop on 9/17. Then the final assembly will be ready to make 420 MP1 units on 9/25.

Let’s hope for 99% quality!
A bit more intel over the weekend. My source in Cuautitlan told me the plant was shut down last week in preparation to begin production this week -- this is standard operating procedure for Ford plants. Yes, today should have been a real-live production day in many of the departments, including lots of body parts being made. Hopefully all will go well and production assembly will begin by the end of next week.

They are now focusing on fine tuning -- sweating the little stuff and making sure everything is just right. Also confirmed again the Cuautitlan plant has by far the highest quality standards based on experience in multiple plants.

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
A bit more intel over the weekend. My source in Cuautitlan told me the plant was shut down last week in preparation to begin production this week -- this is standard operating procedure for Ford plants. Yes, today should have been a real-live production day in many of the departments, including lots of body parts being made. Hopefully all will go well and production assembly will begin by the end of next week.

They are now focusing on fine tuning -- sweating the little stuff and making sure everything is just right. Also confirmed again the Cuautitlan plant has by far the highest quality standards based on experience in multiple plants.
all corrrect

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Thanks for the status update. I think I’ve read on this forum that they were planning to start production in October. Does this mean they are ahead of schedule or merely on-schedule if they are in fact looking to start in October?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Thanks for the status update. I think I’ve read on this forum that they were planning to start production in October. Does this mean they are ahead of schedule or merely on-schedule if they are in fact looking to start in October?
The best we can tell is they moved up the production of FCTP (demo) vehicles ahead of the First Editions. MP1 will be FCTP starting on September 25, MP2 for First Editions starting on October 26 -- unless things go really well and it gets moved up!

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There's no many flavors of "in production" that it can be really misleading. There can be assembly of FCTP units vs customer units, there can be stamping and painting of body parts in preparation for assembly, etc.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I think this is the demo production. The FC . . Whatever that acronym is cars. Customer production in October.
Sponsored

Reactions: ARK