Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Yeah, I would have thought so too. But the order guide says manual tilt/telescoping as Standard Equipment and does not mention it again (except for a heated steering wheel).

1600289897947.png
My parents Limited edition explorer is like that. Memory seats/mirrors but manual steering wheel.

Last edited:

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
No it says egress. Maybe the Mach-E performance was so overwhelming it made the tester weak in the knees and they had a hard time getting out. Or egress is a 'con' because they didn't want to get out and were late for their next testing cycle.

But seriously maybe because the steering wheel is moved manually (not powered)? That could make it harder to get out? My Explorer moves the seat back and the steering wheel up and out of the way when it's time to get out.
Perhaps they don't like the interior door release integrated into the armrest. That's not typical in most vehicles. ?

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Unless I hear otherwise, this sounds consistent with what we expected. MP1 for FCTP and special folks starts 25 Sept. If they stay on schedule we’ll see MP2 start with the FEs 26 Oct. a couple of weeks to build the FEs and his Premium is right at the start in mid-Nov.
That is what I was told. That my premium build date is in the first couple of weeks of November. If that happens and I had any clue what

Some Canadian Vins are in the system. Has to do with the process of shipments is all I can say on that. hint hint.
I would have a better hand on delivery time. They need to allot vin's to schedule shipping which takes longer to the north pole? I would like to buy another hint if I can.

No need for JD power review here but the release of CERTIFIED EPA results and a digital owners manual would be gr8.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
That is what I was told. That my premium build date is in the first couple of weeks of November. If that happens and I had any clue what

I would have a better hand on delivery time. They need to allot vin's to schedule shipping which takes longer to the north pole? I would like to buy another hint if I can.

No need for JD power review here but the release of CERTIFIED EPA results and a digital owners manual would be gr8.
Only RWD, standard battery results are complete. The rest are in progress.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
The Egress issue Jd power feels the front sits forward more. So you have to swing more to get out. Jd power did not like the slant of the roof getting in and out of the back seats. I think there are a few videos out there also saying have to duck getting in, but what car do you not have to duck for lol.

Handling was raved about also. really hugged the corners on the road.

Nothing to do with the seats or height of the driver. JD Power said the seats and ride are par none, better than tesla y or polestar 2. Jd power gave the seat 10 out of 10.

The rest will be solved with updates.

getting in and out watch the guy grab the top to get out at 6:30 mark. I didn't see what was so bad.

If that's the worse they have to say about the car, I'm sticking with my FE order. While I initially wanted a car that sat a little higher than my Honda Accord, I think I'll be okay with whatever the MME has to offer.

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
The Egress issue Jd power feels the front sits forward more. So you have to swing more to get out. Jd power did not like the slant of the roof getting in and out of the back seats. I think there are a few videos out there also saying have to duck getting in, but what car do you not have to duck for lol.

Nothing to do with the seats or height of the driver. JD Power said the seats and ride are par none, better than tesla y or polestar 2. Jd power gave the seat 10 out of 10.

getting in and out watch the guy grab the top to get out at 6:30 mark. I didn't see what was so bad.

did JD say anything about the chicken wing storage capacity of the front cargo area?

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
Unless I hear otherwise, this sounds consistent with what we expected. MP1 for FCTP and special folks starts 25 Sept. If they stay on schedule we’ll see MP2 start with the FEs 26 Oct. a couple of weeks to build the FEs and his Premium is right at the start in mid-Nov.
Hopefully, it doesn’t take until Oct. 26 to finish up the 2,500 or so FCTP / demos.

That’s a rate of only 600 or so a week --- they will be taking naps on the assembly line.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag

Will JD Power also release a video review to go a long with their report?

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag

At 8:38 an older and relatively taller man hops right out. No dirty finger prints on the roof line.

Mantooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag

Those wondering about the glass roof...check out how dark it is at 2:35 of the video.

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
It's typical for the first few (100?) vehicles to be management lease units. That way the paying customers don't have to be guinea pigs, in case any issues may have escaped tru's detection...
Most of the first ones made are driven by people on the Lauch team.
Will JD Power also release a video review to go a long with their report?
There is so much info getting ready to come out. I know it has been a long wait. Just can't tell everything yet. How I wish.

But isn't anything in today's world. New phones, vehicles, just about anything a long wait for the item. Be glad it's not the 1970's and have to wait to see the item in person or read about it in a magazine. The internet makes things awesome to learn about.

they love the exterior of the Mache. JD talked about finally an EV with some style unlike the car from a pond lol. They really said that and you know who that was about.

The Front frunk was considered best Jd Power also said.
Ford needs to work on the interface of getting to the charging interface and having the audio system more simplified. JD said it was to complex.
The screen has no glare or fingerprint problems like a Tesla which is great.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag

There is so much info getting ready to come out. I know it has been a long wait. Just can't tell everything yet. How I wish.

But isn't anything in today's world. New phones, vehicles, just about anything a long wait for the item. Be glad it's not the 1970's and have to wait to see the item in person or read about it in a magazine. The internet makes things awesome to learn about.

they love the exterior of the Mache. JD talked about finally an EV with some style unlike the car from a pond lol. They really said that and you know who that was about.

Ford needs to work on the interface of getting to the charging interface and having the audio system more simplified. JD said it was to complex.
awesome.....I love it all. I'll be fine with the interface.

mfjj

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Fusion Energi, 2013 C-Max, 2006 Prius, 2000 Prius
Country flag
I too would hope for more communication, but it’s not just a Ford issue. I was one of the first buyers of the Lotus Elise in this country in 2004 and had a similar experience...silence from the manufacturer, yet a hyperactive online forum with news and gossip. It’s all part of the fun...
Same with the 2000 Prius, although the Toyota program manager for Prius was on the Yahoo forum every day.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

YOU DA MAN!
Sponsored