Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
Same. Their lack of communication drives me nuts.
Sometimes No News is Good News. :)
Maybe the next we hear will be in a couple of weeks that the Demos are done and ready to ship and that in another 10 days or so the First Editions will be ready to ship.
Sponsored

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
very similar Tesla model y then ?

That’s our main competitor in the BEV segment, everything is benchmarked to Tesla
There are Tesla’s in the PDC garage that we looked at for guidance you could say. We benchmark on every program.
From what I've seen, the Polestar 2 looks to be the closest competitor, in pricing, specs and having an actual interior with, you know, a dashboard. I'm (mentally) cross-shopping the Polestar 2, although the Mach E wins out for me. Is Ford (or are any of you) looking to the Polestar 2 for comparisons?

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
From what I've seen, the Polestar 2 looks to be the closest competitor, in pricing, specs and having an actual interior with, you know, a dashboard. I'm (mentally) cross-shopping the Polestar 2, although the Mach E wins out for me. Is Ford (or are any of you) looking to the Polestar 2 for comparisons?
Doubt it if you live in flyover country like me. Polestar has no support other than on the coasts.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have seen the Mach-e in a couple of Ford commercials on TV for the first over the last few days. Hopefully, that is the beginning of more to come.
That's good IF they have many to sell that aren't already reserved/ordered. Depending on who we believe, they may not. In which case advertising now could just be souring potential new customers.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The design doesn't do much for me. Too much of a sedan. If I were to go for a Volvo (or Volvo offshoot), it would be the XC40 Recharge. That was my 2nd choice to the Mach-E.

The Polestar 2 is only 58" tall. Too short for my tastes.

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Well, i saw a few in real life still wrapped in protection films at the Volvo dealer.

If you want, i can visit the Polestar Space we have closeby next saterday and make some pictures?
It's closeby the Ford EV-event where the Mach-E will be shown (about 5min walk from Polestar Space )

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
The design doesn't do much for me. Too much of a sedan. If I were to go for a Volvo (or Volvo offshoot), it would be the XC40 Recharge. That was my 2nd choice to the Mach-E.

The Polestar 2 is only 58" tall. Too short for my tastes.
It is smaller than the Mach-e in every way. I like it, but last on my list behind Mach-e and any Tesla.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I have seen the Mach-e in a couple of Ford commercials on TV for the first over the last few days. Hopefully, that is the beginning of more to come.
I don't watch much commercial-laden TV these days. Are these commercials we've seen before? When you say a couple commercials, is that one commercial a couple of times or a couple of different commercials?

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I don't watch much commercial-laden TV these days. Are these commercials we've seen before? When you say a couple commercials, is that one commercial a couple of times or a couple of different commercials?
Might have been one or two. Wife skipped by the second one as your car popped up on the screen. I think she's tired of me talking about the car.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It's their new "built for america" ad campaign - not specifically for the mach E. They show clips of the Mach E, f 150, and bronco. narrated by bryan cranston, not idris elba

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
It's their new "built for america" ad campaign - not specifically for the mach E. They show clips of the Mach E, f 150, and bronco. narrated by bryan cranston, not idris elba
Idris Elba has so far I believe only been used for Mach-E specific stuff. Bryan Cranston has been the main Ford commercial voice for a few years now, like Will Arnett has been for GMC.

all three factual statements in there are things that no normal human should know or care about.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
You know what would be fun? some kind of kick-ass surprise announcement tomorrow immediately after Battery Day. Something like a revised upward EPA estimate or downward 0-60 time. On the other hand it might be "lost" in the post-Battery-Day noise.

because I guarantee that no matter what Elon says, it will be big news, the stock will go up, and we'll be hearing about it for the next week.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Idris Elba has so far I believe only been used for Mach-E specific stuff. Bryan Cranston has been the main Ford commercial voice for a few years now, like Will Arnett has been for GMC.

all three factual statements in there are things that no normal human should know or care about.
yes, I know. all of that :)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Might have been one or two. Wife skipped by the second one as your car popped up on the screen. I think she's tired of me talking about the car.
LOL. Mine definitely is!