Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
LOL. Mine definitely is!
see, I slow walked this. Told the GF last year I had reserved a Mustang. She promptly forgot.

Told her again I had done so in June. She kind of missed it again. But then one of her friends a couple of weeks ago goes "did you see the new Mustang? it's terrible blah blah blah" and that's when I finally was like "you mean like the one I have on order?"

#truestory

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Idris Elba has so far I believe only been used for Mach-E specific stuff. Bryan Cranston has been the main Ford commercial voice for a few years now, like Will Arnett has been for GMC.

all three factual statements in there are things that no normal human should know or care about.
I always think of Mike Rowe as the voice of Ford, but I guess they ended that a few years back.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
LOL. Mine definitely is!
It's bad. I don't even think she acknowledges that I say anything about it now.

Me: oh wow, the Mach-e can do blah blah blah...

Her: uh, huh or crickets

I may not let her drive it at all. ?Although she loved the power of Chrysler 300C with the hemi. Not my fault the car is taking 13 months to show up and she has to hear about how great it will be.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It's bad. I don't even think she acknowledges that I say anything about it now.

Me: oh wow, the Mach-e can do blah blah blah...

Her: uh, huh or crickets

I may not let her drive it at all. ?Although she loved the power of Chrysler 300C with the hemi. Not my fault the car is taking 13 months to show up and she has to hear about how great it will be.
Funny, the situation is reversed for me when my wife talks about whatever it is she goes on about.. something about facebook.. or something.. not sure..

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I always think of Mike Rowe as the voice of Ford, but I guess they ended that a few years back.
I think there may have been some kind of scandal around him there or something but I don't remember the details, and don't care enough to look it up.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Funny, the situation is reversed for me when my wife talks about whatever it is she goes on about.. something about facebook.. or something.. not sure..
For mine it’s TikTok videos and right now a series on Britbox that is British animal Doctors. I make her wear her headphones.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
It's their new "built for america" ad campaign - not specifically for the mach E. They show clips of the Mach E, f 150, and bronco. narrated by bryan cranston, not idris elba
Ooh, the first one is impressive coverage. Less than a second of the Mach E during a statement about building their most iconic models electric:

This one is better. They talk about electrifying the Mustang:

Of course, we've seen the Idris Elba commercials:
30 sec

60 sec

80 sec

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
@ChasingCoral : It wasn't featured but these are the first broadcast mentions of it since the NFL playoffs back in January - I saw this several times last weekend on one of my wife's channels (HGTV or something). I like the tone of the second one very much, and hopefully Farley gets to hang around long enough to keep the push to electrification going. I would also like to see the next electric mustang built here, and hopefully it has a roof that opens like a mustang should.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
@ChasingCoral : It wasn't featured but these are the first broadcast mentions of it since the NFL playoffs back in January - I saw this several times last weekend on one of my wife's channels (HGTV or something). I like the tone of the second one very much, and hopefully Farley gets to hang around long enough to keep the push to electrification going. I would also like to see the next electric mustang built here, and hopefully it has a roof that opens like a mustang should.
Mustang Convertibles are great. Aerodynamics suffer, though.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Idris Elba has so far I believe only been used for Mach-E specific stuff. Bryan Cranston has been the main Ford commercial voice for a few years now, like Will Arnett has been for GMC.

all three factual statements in there are things that no normal human should know or care about.
When I think of Ford, the only voice I think of is Dennis Leary and those F-150 commercials.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
LOL. Mine definitely is!
I have told so many people now I feel like I have a crowd around me waiting on this car! I am getting questions back from them. Where's your car? Where's that Mustang? Then there's my brother who just bought a 2008 Porsche. You want to hear a guy talk about a car? Just have a guy buy his midlife crisis car...
Sponsored