Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I'd rather get a rock solid one in the second week of January rather than have stuff fall off driving it home in December.
There is something to be said for waiting on the .1 release ? I feel like the little kid in the marshmallow psychology experiment though! ???
Sponsored

Flydivesurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER, Model X
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
It means they never got finished building all the demo mache and the mache to show for the European market and China. North American models were supposed to go there after here. But with covid and getting them to the dealers being slowed.
They have decided to make more to send to the other markets before starting the rest of the customer mache. There was a supply issue with some parts before because of covid. Now the supplies are strong and ford is just trying to make up as much time as they can and keep things rolling.

I said a few weeks back they were trying to pull ahead and build all the demo models they can to catch up. Only so much you can make up for.

Usually, around late summer, car dealerships begin trotting out the first batch of new models.

This year you'll have to wait.

With the coronavirus pandemic slamming the auto industry, certain 2021 vehicles will arrive late as automakers have put the brakes on dozens of debuts.

“We’ve seen quite a few delays,” said Jeff Schuster, president of global vehicle forecasts for research firm LMC Automotive.

While there’s yet to be a new model canceled publicly, at least 34 redesigned or new North American-built vehicles that were poised to roll out in the coming months won’t come out on time, according to LMC Automotive, which provided a partial list to USA TODAY. They include the Cadillac Escalade and Acura MDX.

Though designers and engineers are largely able to work from home, plant shutdowns and a sales slowdown have caused the delays. The upcoming launch of the Ford mache seems to be almost on track, which is unheard of considering the delays in Mexico.
At some point, Ford is going to have to stop making units for sales in markets the car isn't yet available in and start dealing with the customers they already have orders from, and not at a dribble of a rate either. As they push full production back and seemingly delay extremely early orders in some areas in favor of late orders in other areas, they're costing themselves some goodwill. People do have choices in what they're going to buy, and a large percentage of us actually don't need this car. We can walk away from this or any other car.

I think we all get it, 2020 sucks. I've lost 1 friend and 1 acquaintance to Covid-19. We all know how bad things are. But there's been a fair amount of failure to communicate to their known customers and that's getting old. People can be understanding but Ford is starting to push it imo.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Yeah that line is getting old too. Like the rest of us.
All the bitching about "I paid to get my car first" is getting really old, too.

A reasonable human being will understand the explanation from @trutolife27. The FE's will be built in the first month or so of customer production; getting a $60,000 car a month later than wanted is not a tragedy. The 225,000 that died of Covid and the tens of millions unemployed/underemployed had a lot worse year.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
All the bitching about "I paid to get my car first" is getting really old, too.

A reasonable human being will understand the explanation from @trutolife27. The FE's will be built in the first month or so of customer production; getting a $60,000 car a month later than wanted is not a tragedy. The 225,000 that died of Covid and the tens of millions unemployed/underemployed had a lot worse year.
well said.
FE were sold out in the first week. They are limited production. Ford is going to fill up transports to minimize costs which makes total sense. Yes I have a production date of 11/30. As it has been posted ALL productions start on a Monday. In my opinion the production dates means that my car both exists and is going to be built. When you ordered the car there was ZERO guarantee that you would get it by X date.

I am glad that it is being built. It is THE bright spot of my 2020 year after losing my job because I am 64. Sure it is wrong but big corporations do it and did it to me during Covid. I opened up my own business and am surviving so this MME which is an FE is my prayer that 2021 will be a great year for me. It will be my FIRST EDITION of being my own boss after 30 years with the same company.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
well said.
FE were sold out in the first week. They are limited production. Ford is going to fill up transports to minimize costs which makes total sense. Yes I have a production date of 11/30. As it has been posted ALL productions start on a Monday. In my opinion the production dates means that my car both exists and is going to be built. When you ordered the car there was ZERO guarantee that you would get it by X date.

I am glad that it is being built. It is THE bright spot of my 2020 year after losing my job because I am 64. Sure it is wrong but big corporations do it and did it to me during Covid. I opened up my own business and am surviving so this MME which is an FE is my prayer that 2021 will be a great year for me. It will be my FIRST EDITION of being my own boss after 30 years with the same company.
Congratulations!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Now it seems like it means “OK To Build”
lol. Almost seems that way but the good news was multiple public announcements that they gave OK to proceed to MP2. That’s your ok to build.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Though designers and engineers are largely able to work from home, plant shutdowns and a sales slowdown have caused the delays. The upcoming launch of the Ford mache seems to be almost on track, which is unheard of considering the delays in Mexico.
Wonder how much the demand slowed down on the MME. I would say less than ICE but had an impact. Worker safety is number 1 so all those working at home sleep at night. I think most understand the extra complexity.
2020. sh!t happens
Word.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
well said.

Easy to say from the guy that has a build date of 30 Nov.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
well said.

If your a good worker, with a head on your shoulders and a portion of the wisdom that you've been surrounded by for 64 yrs, You Are Going To Do Great and wonder why you didn't go Solo Sooner! Here's to your success!

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
well said.

Well-said! Some people just don’t understand that the cheese has moved

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Easy to say from the guy that has a build date of 30 Nov.
I see lots of model 3s sitting on the lot at my local Tesla “store” ??? just sayin’
Sponsored